In the stands today at the Texas Motorplex (1 Viewer)

Chicago is good if your in the bowl, there is no reason to stand.

If my kids are going to the race I try to get fron row so that they can actually see.

The umbrella putz. I would have asked nicely, they yelled, then offered to either remove it or have it implanted for them :) Can't believe the rudeness of some people.

When you have the standers just yell to sit down, its amazing how many people will join you.

I never seem to have any problems, I just work hard for my spot, and don't mind moving around, good thing is when TAD/TAFC are on there is hardly no one around so I can just sit back, relax and watch some good racing :) Mind you Reading this year was tough, that place was PACKED!!!

I actually heard a classic on Saturday. After Pro Stock Bikes and Pro Stock I heard the guy behind me tell his friends....."OK! Time to stand up! That's what everyone does for the Nitro cars!"

ACK! That group was quite a bit of entertainment. We were cracking up at them picking winners in round 4 of quali's. ;)

I can't believe it has rolled all the way down to me to have to ask,,,:rolleyes:

Travis, is there some reason you didn't say "HI" to Kelly when you had her that close to you in the stands?? :p

Kelly, shouldn't you have said, something,,Like Hi Travis, I am mater Kelly, when he was staring at you?? :D

Rapid {Asking the hard questions today} :eek:

Hmmmm.....wasn't me Randy! The only guy sitting with me was my 13 year old son. Oh, except the last round of qualifying on Saturday......Greg and Tony? Do you remember this guy? lol

Wow! I can't beleive all the replies to this thread. Some of you guys are pretty funny. :D I was just ranting a little at my bad day.
rant2.gif

Glad to see some of you have had similar experiences. I didn't take a pic. of the lady next to me...well...because she was just that, a lady. And the guy with her most likely would have punched me. :p LOL! I guess I should have spoken up to some of these morons around me, but that is just not my nature. As for moving around to other seats, it was pretty crowded and, well I like to sit in the seat I payed for.

I think I will start saving my pennies now for a Super Seat next year. I guess it would be worth the extra money.

I didn't go back Sunday, just listened online. Guess it was a good thing, I wouldn't have wanted to see John Force crash in person, it was hard enough watching it on TV.

Two year ago I watched Bruce Allen and Kenny Koretsky get together and that was tough to witness.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

A few more observations:

I don't know how the same 4 people sit behind me every year in different rows/sections. The following conversation took place during top fuel q3.

The snap-on car does a burnout
Woman 1: That's Doug
Man 1: Doug???
Woman 1: Doug Kalitta
Man 2: GOOOOO Doug!

3 pair later the mac tools car does a burnout
Woman 1: That's Doug
Man 1: Doug???
Woman 1: Doug Kalitta
Man 2: GOOOO Doug!
Woman 2: I thought Doug Kalitta already lost :confused:

Later in the day in Kelly's section, I heard this bit of wisdom: We'll just share the beer because it will get too hot if I buy 2 :eek:

Later in the day in Kelly's section, I heard this bit of wisdom: We'll just share the beer because it will get too hot if I buy 2 :eek:
OMG! That was priceless! I've never seen a beer dude shoot somebody quite a dirty look like that! They must have called him over every 10 minutes! :D

That's one of the Best assets about Vegas and Chi-town! The stands are at such an angle that you see very few Jumpers! And they do get yelled at believe me!:D

During the April Vegas race I had a problem with two "Ladies" they did not stand up during runs. However every time Hillary Will came down the return road they had to go down to the fence so they could wave at her as she went by, of course they had to walk in front of us EVERY TIME with husbands in tow stomping on my feet bumping into my wife and friends. This went on for three days. The only saving grace was that Hillary went out in the first round (Sorry Hillary). They looked so dejected when Hillary did not come back down the return road after her losing run. I told them that only the round winners come back down the return road on Sunday. That's when they decided to go see her in the pits! My feet still hurt from the trampling they got that weekend.

It makes you realize the 15 day waiting period for handgun purchases is a good thing after all

On the other hand, if that is the worst thing that happened to me that weekend I did good.

I'm using the pea shooter idea in October
Dan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back