Drunks In The Stands (1 Viewer)

I like beer as much as the next guy, but I was raised to be responsible, polite and conscientious. It's unfortunate that there are those who weren't and they sometimes ruin what would otherwise be a wonderful, potentially life-changing experience.

As a side note to this topic: I'm a career sailor & I've been accused of cursing like one - but you won't hear it around children, nor people I don't know. It amazes me the language I hear in the stands sometimes (usually, but not always accompanied by the consumption of alcohol) when there are children within earshot.

Everyone knows I like my brewski's too but I don't go to the drags to drink thats for sure, Too hot and too expensive, I've seen some real idiots there too. You know, one's like Doc say's, "my buddy has a fuel motor in his pickup...it'll do wheelies and runs in the 7s man..."

LOL. We gotta get a Brut or Skoal Girl to join the mater. I would LOVE to hear some of thier stories!! Can you imagine what they must have to put up with in the pits??? Atleast the drivers like Ashley & Angelle... they have refuge behind the ropes. By the way, are those women taken from local modeling agencies in each town - or do they actually travel the circuit for Brut?

At Arizona Cardinals home games, you can only purchase 2 beers at a time and the beer stands close, I believe, at the end of the 3rd quarter. I've only been to a couple of games, but don't recall any drunks in the stands.

That's because everybody leaves the stadium by the 3rd quarter. :p

Sorry, just had to say that.

Anyway....

I must be the lonestar in this group 'cause even during my E-town days, I never drank. Just soda for me. I guess it's because I am an extreme lightweight when it comes to Alcohol.

LOL. We gotta get a Brut or Skoal Girl to join the mater. I would LOVE to hear some of thier stories!! Can you imagine what they must have to put up with in the pits??? Atleast the drivers like Ashley & Angelle... they have refuge behind the ropes. By the way, are those women taken from local modeling agencies in each town - or do they actually travel the circuit for Brut?
Well I can tell you that I have never got the same phone number more then once... And I have never taken the same Brut girl back to my room more then twice...:D

Last edited:
:eek:
I see two problems with this:
First -- Who's driving these clowns home? Who's going to die because of them.

If I remember correctly, and I usually don't pay much attention since we stay at the track, but don't some tracks have something similar to a "Tipsy Tow?"

Second -- Why do I have to apologize to my family, women and children all day for their behavior and language? My only fault is buying seats surrounded by a bunch of folks who seem like they just tasted liquor for the first time and can't control their intake.

The language gets very unacceptable. I've more than once "accidently" kicked over some foul mouthed fool's beer because at least it sent him out of the stands to go buy more.

His stellar information flowed for one entire Pro session.
This lush was entertaining - almost to the point that I could stand being near him -- no, not that good.

Are you sure you weren't sitting by an uncle of mine? :eek:

I was at the Indy car races at Portland one year & the drunk next to me went to set his beer down & managed to pour it in my shoe! He felt bad as he tried to wipe my shoe off.I told him thanks anyway but can I have the police call you when I get stopped on the way home & they smell booze on me?

Rich, you must not have been around for"woodstock west: 64 funny cars" But yes I haven't noticed any drunkeness at Seattle in years. Ask force about the beer bottles and streaking back during the Wendy's days.

I was there for that one. I think I was around 14 or 15 years old. It was unbelievable. 64 or more floppers all starting up on the track AND streakers! Unfortunately, (for me) very few of them were female. Trust me, I was lookin' closely.

I think it was 1974 or 75. The days when you could pack in your own beer. It usually took about 3 hours to get out of the parking lot after the race.

I remember they had to shut the BB/FCs off in the late night final so they could clear the crowd away from the guardrails. It was completely out of control. Good times!:D

Many years ago drinking was a BIG problem at Englishtown... but now they (the track) seems to be keeping a handle on it... Sure I see drunks in the stands, but in the last few yrs.. not many... "Thank God"

I was there for that one. I think I was around 14 or 15 years old. It was unbelievable. 64 or more floppers all starting up on the track AND streakers! Unfortunately, (for me) very few of them were female. Trust me, I was lookin' closely.

I think it was 1974 or 75. The days when you could pack in your own beer. It usually took about 3 hours to get out of the parking lot after the race.

I remember they had to shut the BB/FCs off in the late night final so they could clear the crowd away from the guardrails. It was completely out of control. Good times!:D

There's a good streaker story on this page. :D

iB::Topic::Stories

Well, he says more of a "stroller" than a streaker. :)

Drinking is a much bigger problem in our society than most people would care to admit. In my opinion, it's become much more destructive than drugs, at this point.

I am amazed when I go to public events, and see how many people think they have to be drinking/drunk, in order to have a good time.

Here in Detroit, it's hard to take a kid to a sporting event because of it. Not the drinking itself, but the actions of the drunks.

I have never drank at an event that I wanted to cherish memories of. I consider ballgames, drag races, concerts and youth hockey games, such events. Most people don't. It's amazing when you go to a youth sporting event, how many people are out in there cars in the parking lot, drinking before and after the games.

My brother went to the a race in Vegas last year, and I couldn't believe it when he showed me a picture of him having a beer in the stands! I couldn't believe you could drink at the races!!
Here in Aus, all 'big' races are alcohol free, and the only time you can drink is after the racing has finished, and its BYO. We don't seem to have any problems with drunkeness.

No Offense to all the Aussie's I've met here, but Thank God they don't have that Policy at all the races here.

Drinking is a much bigger problem in our society than most people would care to admit. In my opinion, it's become much more destructive than drugs, at this point.

I am amazed when I go to public events, and see how many people think they have to be drinking/drunk, in order to have a good time.

Here in Detroit, it's hard to take a kid to a sporting event because of it. Not the drinking itself, but the actions of the drunks.

I have never drank at an event that I wanted to cherish memories of. I consider ballgames, drag races, concerts and youth hockey games, such events. Most people don't. It's amazing when you go to a youth sporting event, how many people are out in there cars in the parking lot, drinking before and after the games.

I'll agree to this and the "Top fuel funny car's a drug for me" line. Why would I want to chance distorting ANY of my senses when I'm there to soak it all in. Reminds me of Ted Nugent telling a crowd that if any of them had to get high to come see his show, he'd rather they leave. I personally would enjoy a beer or two (though I've never done it at a track), but would rather it not be allowed if that's what it takes to keep the obnoxious ones away (though many are plenty capabable of that when naturally aspirated, LOL). I guess I'd have to plan that and it's not high enough on my list of things to bring to the races that I'd remember to do it.

Dittos on the language. When I'm around like minded friends, we color our conversation if nobody else is around because we know that the words don't mean anything to us. The stuff some people will say in front of anyone without knowing or seeming to care. It's bad when you have to feel embarrassed for what a stranger does just for belonging to the same race. :D (Hey, I said race!)

Aren't a majority of NASCAR fans there to party and the race is secondary? It looks like one big drunkfest over at those races.

I have been to the infield at Talladega, and there is a large percentage of people there that have no clue there is a race that weekend. That is probably why there is a temporary jail setup in the infield, so the police don't have to deal with transporting detainees in and out during the weekend!!!

I also like to drink beer during races, but I keep it at a reasonable level. I am there to enjoy the races. There is no beer in the pits, so that really helps limit my intake during the day. Nighttime in the campground ... well that is a whole 'nother story entirely .... :)

I went to the Mid-South race in Memphis a few years ago with a buddy. We had some comp tickets and a parking pass behind the office. Before the finals, we went to the spectator side to get a jump on the traffic. Though I was in the world's largest red-neck bar. First thing I saw was a woman throw a beer at some guy and gave him a cussing that would make a sailor blush. Never saw so many drunks in one place at one time. Terrible. My buddy said he was sure glad his wife wasn't with us. Said he had a hard enough time getting her to come to the races anyway, and that this sure wouldn't help. Sorry guys--race cars and booze dont mix. Just not enough self restraint on some folks part. Same deal at other sporting events. I make a bunch of Ark Razorback football games, and it always amazes me at the people who will buy a ticket and then get so drunk they don't see a thing. Stay home and get drunk--and save the ticket price!!!!:(

Man, some creepy stories here. Kudos to our drivers, for having the paitence to meet & greet those freaks all day long with a smile.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back