Taking pictures from the stands...Whit (1 Viewer)

Rusty

Nitro Member
Sorry I'm so late with my Denver posts. I spent the weekend trying to eradicate a PC virus and eventually replaced the hard drive. There was a post earlier this year that quality pictures could not be taken from the stands, so I offer my favorite shot of the year so far.

Bandimere is a wonderful facility and it has several advantages over other tracks from a fan perspective 1) full access to the top end and 2) I bet in terms of distance you are twice as close to the action as tracks like Baytown and Ennis.

A few other comments...though we requested seats at mid track the gal at the ticket booth sold us 60' seats. This is the second time in three events that's happened so from now on I'm checking the seats before leaving the booth (slow learner). Being that close to the starting line means you have to shoot the far lane because there were 33 photographers there Friday night. I know they're doing there jobs, but there were also several spectators (non NHRA/team people who appeared to be doing nothing) also in that area as well.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Next stop Ennis.

whit_2.jpg

whit_3.jpg

Russell, your pictures are amazing. It's like I'm sitting at the track watching that car go by. It's so clear it almost looks "photoshopped". Thanks for sharing!

I'm with everyone else. What equipment do you use?!?!

I really like the first pic. Your shutter speed and panning was PERFECT (unless you photoshopped some blur in the background). Great job!

Awesome pictures !

A suggestion - Get a Mac, no viruses and they have some of the best picture processing software in the industry. I'm retiring my Windoz PC's one-at-a-time and replacing with iMac and MacBooks. Once you try a Mac, you'll never go back, lol...

Awesome pictures !

A suggestion - Get a Mac, no viruses and they have some of the best picture processing software in the industry. I'm retiring my Windoz PC's one-at-a-time and replacing with iMac and MacBooks. Once you try a Mac, you'll never go back, lol...
I've done both MACs and PCs - to be honest - I really can't tell that much of a diffenrence -

And I go back to a good old MAC Classic with a 10MB "built in" harddrive and a 10MB removable - I was the first kid on the block with 20MB of storage - those were the days :)

Used your second pic as my desktop background. It really fills the screen. Great shots!

Last edited:
Jannard, would you please post some of your latest Pics... These are great shots of Whit, Russell.

Ok then

First I'll address the Photoshop issue - full disclosure. This is an 80% crop at ISO 800 shot @1/125 f4.5. Noise reduction, color correction due to the artificial lights and slight sharpening was applied. A flash was used. The blur is from the pan.

Due to some technical difficulties this was shot at 100mm with a Sigma 50-500 Bigma on a Minolta Maxxum 7D. Normally I wouldn't use a four pound lens to shoot at 100mm and you wouldn't either.

G5 with the latest Tiger is the best. I spend most of my time on a nice Windows machine I built for internet and gaming..but for anything serious photo/audio..it's the Mac.

With a Unix platform..Mac is only touching the surface as to what potential is there.

Great pics Russell..

If you use a new Mac, you would not stand for going back to a Windows machine.

Jim

Oh my Jim, you can say that again and again. What an incredible difference, I will never ever buy another windows machine. There is no comparison what so ever, between these two machines!!! GO WITH THE MAC!!!:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back