Is The 1,000 Foot Club Dead ?? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I like to get seats from the 1,000 ft. mark on down towards the finishline.
All of Bruton's tracks have the grandstands ending at the eighth mile! And I believe Joliet is similiar. Are there any tracks besides Pomona, Indy and the Motorplex with seats downtrack ??
Vegas is a beautiful track but with no seats beyond the eighth mile I won't be going there anymore. And Sears Point is the same PLUS the stands being farther away from the track......scratch Sears Point.
Is it insurance or what that has killed seating down track ??:(:(:mad:

I was at Joliet for the Match Race Mania event last Saturday and the stands did end by the 1/8th mile.

Topeka has that huge grandstand around the 1,000 ft. mark. Looks like they sit quite aways back from the track though....guess I`m going to find out in about 10 days.

Brainerd has seats on one side of the track all the way to the finish line. They're GA starting at about the 1/8 mile and unfortunately, they're not very high, only about 10-12 rows and they always fill up early.

My fav seats at any racetrack are the finish line grandstands at the Motorplex. I wish they would put them in at Houston.

In any motorsport besides drag racing, the best seats are at the finish line. And for sportsman racers, the top end is where some of the best racing takes place. Plus as a guy who sometimes has to spot in comp, I love being high up at the 1000 foot mark-I've climbed up on many a motor home to get a better view and I hate heights-anything for a win light.

BUT.....why are they not building grandstands down track !!
At Bristol they had motorhomes and haulers next to the fence where grandstands could be ! :mad:

BUT.....why are they not building grandstands down track !!
At Bristol they had motorhomes and haulers next to the fence where grandstands could be ! :mad:

Maybe because the insurance guys fear this...

Pomona08474.jpg

:eek:

That's really the only complaint I have about Bruton's facilities, although I guess technically Infineon has top end seating although it's not open to general admission.

I would bet its an insurance issue

Norwalk does have a small set of stands at the finish line

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back