Top 5 Overheard Things this weekend in the Stands (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Ok, here you go, the top 5 things I overheard this weekend while sitting in the stands at Dallas:

5. A guy in the stands after Chip King wrecked his pro mod. "Awe man, that was nothing, you should have seen the funny car wreck last year when the one drove thru the other one" I am assuming the Allen/Korestky crash.
4. One guy to the guy next to him in the pits. "What you didnt know that was Don Shoe and you call yourself a true fan." It was Connie Kalitta.
3. "Thats Spencer Massey. He's drives for Eddie Hill"
2. Man to women with him, "Thats John Force, he's like a 5 time champ"
1. Wife "Where's that pretty car I showed you yesterday"
Husband "Who Barry Grant, he dont race on Sundays"

Atleast Number 1 knows what he's talking about!!!

Ok, here you go, the top 5 things I overheard this weekend while sitting in the stands at Dallas:

5. A guy in the stands after Chip King wrecked his pro mod. "Awe man, that was nothing, you should have seen the funny car wreck last year when the one drove thru the other one" I am assuming the Allen/Korestky crash.
4. One guy to the guy next to him in the pits. "What you didnt know that was Don Shoe and you call yourself a true fan." It was Connie Kalitta.

Hey, that's not cool about grant. Nice guy

Barry seems nice, I have never met him. It was just funny. Thats all. Nothing against Barry.

Barry is a nice guy. That said, I find it odd that the one who makes the carbs is one of the folks that can't make it in.

And, unfortunately, it's true. Can't remember the last time he qualifed for a race. :(

I want to say that he actually qualified for the Houston race this year if I remember correctly but I am not for sure. My buddy says Shaun C didnt make it in pro stock b/c he went to the Barry Grant Driving School!!! Those two have to have the most aborted runs in Pro Stock history. Hopefully Barry will find out whats wrong and get it fixed. I could have made some serious coin in Dallas if I had bet he either wouldnt make the run period or wouldnt get to 60ft without having to lift.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread:

My favorite came from a lady sitting behind me who apprently knew it all...as she was telling everyone around her...this came during first round of pro mod on Sunday and I quote...
"Oh yeah, these are the pro mods, they are bad ass nitrous car. They all use nitrous and if you watch the starting line close you will see it shoot out."

I had read or heard about Grant going out there just to test products, and if he was able to compete, great. Not sure if that's true but that's what I think I know.

Or How bout when Alan Reinhart saw Joey Martin coming up in Mike Ashley's Shelby PM and saying he was driving Eleanor!

great stuff!! I'm guessing there's more to pro stocking than carbs, but the best humor has some truth tangled up in it somewhere.

what kind of t-shirts were these knowledgable individuals wearing?
when i overhear ridiculous comments at the drags, 50% of the time
he/she is wearing a nascar t-shirt.
just an observation.

Those folks are proud of those T shirts they are prized and I saw many of them 5 through 11 or 12 or so autographed and also hats from way back too.
Some I guess don't want to just put them away for some one to say years from now I wonder who that was and throw them away. LOL
Ennis always has a good selection of locals and many from Louisiana and Oklahoma and many of the best drivers in Division four and not to forget some of our hero's from the past that call the area home.
There were two NOS Pro Mods running I think and cudo's to Tom Slick Meyers from Grandbury Tx. for running consistent enough to rate an invite to the AMS challenge. He was sporting a Three races from new 63 Corvette.
There were conflicts galore that kept the Canadians in Canada [ race got rained out again ] and a popular East Coast race .
Sorry Chip King destroyed car #2 this year but the good news is once again quality safety equipment saved his bacon. If you missed his Dodge Daytona Pro Mod you missed a beautiful car.

Those were great Justin. I'm sorry, but #1 is funny:D ... I like Barry Grant, but it was funny none-the-less.:)

what kind of t-shirts were these knowledgable individuals wearing?
when i overhear ridiculous comments at the drags, 50% of the time
he/she is wearing a nascar t-shirt.
just an observation.

It funny you say that because the "Thats John Force, he's like a 5 time champ" and the guy who said Connie Kalitta was Don Shoe were both wearing Jeff Gordon T shirts. How funny. Though the guy who said Barry Grant dont race on Sundays was wearing a Greg Anderson shirt. I dont remember the other two.

It funny you say that because the "Thats John Force, he's like a 5 time champ" and the guy who said Connie Kalitta was Don Shoe were both wearing Jeff Gordon T shirts. How funny. Though the guy who said Barry Grant dont race on Sundays was wearing a Greg Anderson shirt. I dont remember the other two.
wow, i had a long paragraph typed pertaining to my stereotypes of nascar fans,
personal stories about nascar fans at the drags, but i will refrain.
notice how the GA shirt makes a fairly accurate statement.
notice how the JG shirts do not.
funny, yes.
surprising, no.

When I see a NASCAR fan at the NHRA events I always hear them say, "Come on, crashes, crashes!"

Years ago my dad used to race a '70 Chevelle 454 in heavy eliminator. One of his friends bought along a NASCAR fan to attend a bracket race. The guy said, "this is pretty cool, but where are the crashes?" My dad looked at him and said, "Dude, we spent many months making our cars look nice. We don't want crashes."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back