someone remind me (1 Viewer)

interesting but I believe Ashley earned the most points on the track this year....wonder if nhra is kickin themselves for missing the marketing and publicity that such a championship could have brought

interesting but I believe Ashley earned the most points on the track this year....wonder if nhra is kickin themselves for missing the marketing and publicity that such a championship could have brought

Dude, can you get over it already? Do you not realize teams would have raced differently if the championship rules were different, so it is BS to compare the two.

I'm not denying Robert & team JFR the championship win. They did it how it is supposed to be done now, and they are to be commended. I'm just saying that Tony P took alot of crap for "taking the championship away" from Robert in '07 & the same with Cruz & Wilkerson last season. Now though, it seems that some of the same people that criticized the Ped Bros are completely ok now that Robert won.

P.S. thanks to the math whiz PJ :)

I'm not denying Robert & team JFR the championship win. They did it how it is supposed to be done now, and they are to be commended. I'm just saying that Tony P took alot of crap for "taking the championship away" from Robert in '07 & the same with Cruz & Wilkerson last season. Now though, it seems that some of the same people that criticized the Ped Bros are completely ok now that Robert won.

P.S. thanks to the math whiz PJ :)

not confirmed Steve, going off memory which sucks sometimes.

As for the Tony in '07, I guess it countdown karma

First off, I don't pull for the JFR cars to go out 1st round, I hope for a DNQ first and foremost.

Congrats to Robert Hight however for kicking everyone's butt.

Don't get mad at the system. Be a little pissed because drivers 1-9 with a cushion couldn't do anything with him.

Finally, to all the folks who are still stuck in the "classic" points systems,
Will you be spending your winter reviewing the seasons races to determine who won at the 1320 foot mark in each round and formatting your own points system??
If so, let me know cause I want to be at that banquet as well. And please include me in the "classic" points championship banquet as well. Was that in Rio this year???

Looking fwd to 2010!

I don't like the countdown , I just wanted to put that out there before I say what im going to say . But I have been thinking about some things , the first points based championship in funny car was won by Shirl Greer in 1974 that was the first year that who ever had the most points over the course of the year became champion . Before that you could do well all year but to become champion you had to win the world finals if you didnt win the world finals you did not become champ .

Now in the 60's at some races even the race itself was different , I remember reading about one race were the fastest car in qualifying sat out race day when all the other cars would race each other and who ever won that faced the fastest qualifier to determine who won the race . I am not sure what race that was but just remember reading about it .

Im no expert I wasn't around back then I just love to learn about the history of this sport .

Or then there is chicago style , where all the cars go out and run a qualifying kind of thing then the 2 quickest cars race eachother in the final .

I don't like the countdown , I just wanted to put that out there before I say what im going to say . But I have been thinking about some things , the first points based championship in funny car was won by Shirl Greer in 1974 that was the first year that who ever had the most points over the course of the year became champion . Before that you could do well all year but to become champion you had to win the world finals if you didnt win the world finals you did not become champ .

Now in the 60's at some races even the race itself was different , I remember reading about one race were the fastest car in qualifying sat out race day when all the other cars would race each other and who ever won that faced the fastest qualifier to determine who won the race . I am not sure what race that was but just remember reading about it .

Im no expert I wasn't around back then I just love to learn about the history of this sport .

Or then there is chicago style , where all the cars go out and run a qualifying kind of thing then the 2 quickest cars race eachother in the final .

IF IF then nhra went to a Chicago style racing format. I would burn any and everything that i own that even looks like drag racing.

Finally, to all the folks who are still stuck in the "classic" points systems,
Will you be spending your winter reviewing the seasons races to determine who won at the 1320 foot mark in each round and formatting your own points system??
If so, let me know cause I want to be at that banquet as well. And please include me in the "classic" points championship banquet as well. Was that in Rio this year???

Looking fwd to 2010!
No, I won't.
1000' sucks.
You are not invited to the banquet so don't worry about it.
Location is top secret.

I'm joking Steve.

:p

IF IF then nhra went to a Chicago style racing format. I would burn any and everything that i own that even looks like drag racing.

Haha , Yeah I wouldn't want them to do it either , I was just thinking about the countdown last night and started thinking about things I have read about the old days .

No, I won't.
1000' sucks.
You are not invited to the banquet so don't worry about it.
Location is top secret.

I'm joking Steve.

:p

Good comedy Paul! :D

My drivers been burned by the Countdown too. Once this system gets a track record of 10 years or so we can look back and say it helped this driver, and hurt this driver. The candidates will be numerous. Probably 1 per year in each class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back