seattle mater meeting? (1 Viewer)

i was kinda bummed only one other mater was at the nitro mall at 10am yesterday:( oh well the races were outstanding!:D man it was fricken hot out there yesterday.
the place looks great with the new bleechers........

Despite the fact I explained to the person I took yesterday that the nitro cars ran the first qualifying round at noon and I wanted her at my house in plenty of time to get to the track, park and get in our seats, she showed up 45 minutes late and then said, "I didn't know you wanted to be there at a specific time." ARGH!!!!

My buddy that I brought with me today was actually early -- no wonder Mike and I have been friends since we were 11 -- but we stopped to get breakfast and didn't get to the track until quarter past 10 a.m. or so.

It was bloody hot. Mike and I left after semis because we just couldn't do the heat anymore. I'm listening to the final rounds on the audiocast sitting between two big fans. Once they're done, I'm feeding the dogs and then heading to a bar for some a/c chill time.

It was a very fun day at the races. I took some pics and got a lengthy video of Ron Capps re-packing one of his shutes after the first round. I will post those up later.

I had flight issues getting to Seattle from Vegas on Friday Night and did not get to my hotel until about 2 am. Then, Hotel Seattle did not have Air Conditioning (much to my chagrin, many places in Seattle do not have A/C), and it was dammed hot in Seattle last weekend, so I had the window open and got no sleep because of the combination of temperature and noise from the street. By the time morning rolled around I was exhausted and cranky and in no mood to try and get to the track and spend all day in the sun. I relaxed as best as I could by hanging out downtown near my hotel and just tried to get ready for my cruise.

Sorry I did not make it to the track, I would have loved to have made it.

i was kinda bummed only one other mater was at the nitro mall at 10am yesterday:( oh well the races were outstanding!:D man it was fricken hot out there yesterday.
the place looks great with the new bleechers........

Don't worry Terry, last year it was just me, A poole and Steve Taranda(Rollum-up) Some tracks the Mater meetings suck!:confused:

I would've made it to the Sunday meeting, but as Murphy's law would have it:mad:
I arrived at the track around 8:30AM and literally, just as I got the car parked, my co-worker calls me up and tells me his car died as he made the turn off of the I5 north onto the 512 heading toward Puyallup. So I get back on the highway and drive the 20 miles to get him while I make arrangements with my sister-in-law to get his car towed up to her place in Redmond (50 miles away). Thankfully the wonderful people at AAA got a tow truck out to us within 30 minutes, and we made it back to the track just before 11:00, and only missed the first three passes of the day.

I'm sure I'll see some of you in Pomona this November.
Peace,
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike

My excuse for not being there...

Well my excuse for missing the Mater meeting isn't nearly as dramatic (or good) as Mike and Chris, but here it is. How about I forgot? On Saturday I was wandering around the pits attempting to get hero cards from everyone (wound up with 70), almost getting Melanie's autograph, almost getting Ashley (Force)'s autograph, and by the time I remembered about the meeting it was 1015 and I was too far from the Nitro Mall... Sunday I was too hot and tired to move out of my seat.

Sorry for missing it - I wanted to try to meet the assembled masses but it didn't work out. Maybe next year (or '08 - not sure if I can afford to go next year or not)...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back