seattle mater meeting? (1 Viewer)

Might as well have it at 10am both days. Last year we sat in traffic forever on Saturday, this year we`re getting out to the track no later than 9.

Hey, hey, where are you coming from? Depending on where you're staying, you don't have to sit in traffic on SR 18 to get to the track. I can provide you directions that will get you there much more quickly.

I live very close to the track and know the area pretty well.

And yay! I now have my passes for both days lined up. I'll be taking my best girlfriend with me Saturday. Apparently she is a drag racing fan and had forgotten. Heh. And then on Sunday I'll be taking my best buddy, a mechanic and gearhead, so hopefully I'll have a couple more nitro converts by the end of the weekend.

Thanks, CP, for the tix. ;) I always seem to find a way in.

I'll try and catch folks on Sunday. Saturday just ain't happening for me.

If anyone wants to be able to find me, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my cell phone number, then you can track me down Sunday.

Also, if you're not from the area and want to know where to eat, stay, shop, etc., without straying too far from the track, shoot me a PM. I've spent 3 1/2 years covering the communities surrounding the track as a sports/business/general assignment reporter.

Oh, the closer it gets, the more excited I get and the more excited I get, the more I gush.

Hey, hey, where are you coming from? Depending on where you're staying, you don't have to sit in traffic on SR 18 to get to the track. I can provide you directions that will get you there much more quickly
We`re staying at the Auburn Val-U-Inn...10 minutes to the track, tops. I know the 18 can be a bottleneck, but we`re at the track early enough in the day that it`s usually not a problem. Last year we got out of the hotel late on Saturday, so the traffic was bad...won`t happen this year.

Just saw the long range weather forecast for the weekend. We're supposed to have some real nice weather all three days. I hope the weatherman is right.

By the way, I've lived in the Puget Sound area for more than 20 years and I still don't know how to get into Pacific Raceways without using SR18.

Last edited:
By the way, I've lived in the Puget Sound area for more than 20 years and I still don't know how to get into Pacific Raceways without using SR18.

Take the 516 thru downtown Kent,turn left at Central ave, turn right on Smith/Canyon RD to Kent-Kangley rd, turn right at 132nd, drive to the top of the hill and turn left at the light. This will dump you right where hwy 18 exits into the enterance to the track.

Hope this might help
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike

Thanks Kel. I will. Happy early Birthday.:)
Awwww....thanks. :) I'll be checking my cell phone for qualifying results, most probably. I'm sure my cousin Pam knows me well enough that she would be smiling down at me if I check them from her grave side. I know that sounds morbid y'all, but my family knows me and loves me just the way I am.......and I them. Plus, I'm kidding. I will only check when appropriate.

I doubt they have high speed internet access in our hotel (ah-hem, motel) in Savanna, OK....the thriving metropolis of McAlester was all booked up. <very weird!> And Sunday we'll be coming home during race time. So......c'mon Sprint! Don't fail me now!

I don't get the best of reception on my Sprint phone up at Pacific Raceways so I will try my hardest to get the race results to you Kel. Thank God for text messaging.:p

Take the 516 thru downtown Kent,turn left at Central ave, turn right on Smith/Canyon RD to Kent-Kangley rd, turn right at 132nd, drive to the top of the hill and turn left at the light. This will dump you right where hwy 18 exits into the enterance to the track.

Hope this might help
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike

This is exactly what I would suggest. Basically, if you're coming from the north end, don't go I-5 to SR 18 East because that's what everyone is told to do. Approach from the other direction and you will avoid the back up from Auburn on SR 18 to the track.

Since I live east of the track, I just drive down Kent-Kangley/SR 516/SE 272nd, get onto SR 18 West, go to the next exit and then get off the freeway. Then I get all google eyed at the sheer number of people coming from the other direction.

Hey, hey, Kelly, I get GREAT reception at Pacific Raceways on my Cingular phone. Why don't you call me, instead? LOL I know, no mobile to mobile, but I'll actually be able to talk to you. ;)

Sorry, I used to have Sprint and that just brought out the phone geek in me. I'll shove that back to the side to make room for the drag racing fan. :D

Yes, can't beat that. I just hope I text you good news. You know, a certain red car defeating a certain green car.:D
Grrrrrrr......
1441.gif

OK, OK....I guess we could give you ONE this season. ;)

And LMAO, Kris! I'm not switchin'! :p

Hope this might help
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike
mike you dont happen to know the name of the street at that light do ya?:D
im going to take your way cause last year we sit on 18 for 45-60 minutes and the people going the other way from the east were driving straight in???:rolleyes: and thanks for the direction.

Just saw the long range weather forecast for the weekend. We're supposed to have some real nice weather all three days. I hope the weatherman is right.
Yep, every forecast I`ve seen says it`s going to be in the 90s all weekend, maybe "cooling" off to 87 on Sunday, according to KING5. It`s going to be 2004 all over again.

thanks kris and mike for your help! i hate sitting in line watching A holes drive up to the front and cut in:D and i would rather not get all pissy on a day thats supposed to be fun!;)
makes ya wonder what people are thinking when they pass a line of cars 2 miles long and then cut in? i bet it's the same people who stand up every time a car goes down track! rotflmfao:D

I will be there on Saturday ... as for Sunday ... I will be on a cruise ship to Alaska ... which is my whole purpose for being in Seattle in the first place, but since I can get a nitro fix on the way to the boat, why not!

Yes Kris, you're correct, it is 304th (according to google earth anyways):D

Peace,
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike

Yay! At least I remembered something right as far as a street name goes. Cruz was none too pleased with my directions this morning...ah, well.

And I discovered my accuracy this afternoon when I went up to the track. I got annoyed with the Kent-Kangley traffic and at the last moment zipped over onto 132nd. I ended up sitting in an air conditioned tower suite for the first round of qualifying runs. Unfortunately, I had to skip the second round of qualifying runs tonight because I didn't want my dogs to melt in the heat. Sigh.

Anyway, I will try and meet up with folks Sunday. We'll see. Depends on what time my buddy gets to my house.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back