Question re: Al-Anabi ownership (1 Viewer)

JIMBO

Nitro Member
I thought that this was a combo ownership between the Sheik and Alan Johnson. So does that mean that Alan is part owner of the other cars (PRO MOD etc..) as well ? :confused:
I guess Matt could answer this ?

No. Alan owns the team. The Shiek is the sponsor.
He is also the sponsor of Shannon Jenkins - Mike Castalena
He is also the sponsor of Howard Moon
He is also the sponsor of so many more I will not begin to name. Including sand cars, off-shore race boats, etc.
Whomever said on the telecast that the Al from Al-Anabi is for Alan Johnson is incorrect. The pro mod cars and the boats were Al-Anabi way before this deal.

This guy is acquiring what is in essence a grown-up Hot Wheels collection! And you know what, if I had that kinda cheese I'd be doing the exact same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Buzz. Because I was thinking that Alan jumped in neck deep. Hopefully this will continue to work out for all involved and not leave a bunch of racers hanging like has happened before.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Buzz. Because I was thinking that Alan jumped in neck deep. Hopefully this will continue to work out for all involved and not leave a bunch of racers hanging like has happened before.

I agree. Neither of the Nitro cars on Alan's teams have associate sponsors or contingency stickers on them. It looks like this is an all or nothing financing deal. Johnson is banking that this sheik dude stays interested in the sport for several years to come.

Hey Darr...isn't that the standard reply for any sponsorship... Basicly virtual ownership?

I believe the Shiek owns part of or all of SpeedTech now also.....

Billy

Hey Darr...isn't that the standard reply for any sponsorship... Basicly virtual ownership?

Billy

No it isn't. Did AC Delco or K&N own any part of Johnson Racing? Or US Army own any part of Schumacher Racing?

When asked, it was clearly a partnership, "Alan Johnson Al-Anabi Racing" and not a sponsorship, rather Non-traditional.

I bet the Alan Johnson Al-Anabi partnership is very safe , Alan Johnson used to be a farmer and farmers generally arent stupid with money so I am sure he is very safe in what he is doing .

No it isn't. Did AC Delco or K&N own any part of Johnson Racing? Or US Army own any part of Schumacher Racing?

When asked, it was clearly a partnership, "Alan Johnson Al-Anabi Racing" and not a sponsorship, rather Non-traditional.

Jeez.. just asking... most contracts i have ever saw always have a line as a partnership/virtual ownership and the team was to be refered to as... X Brand Racing what ever.... in all discussions for public consuption... tv, radio, print etc.....

just asking if it might be the same here is all...

Billy

For those who believe the Sheik owns the team, patiently await the time when the sponsorship has run it's course and is not renewed for whatever reason. When that happens, follow the transporters, complete with race cars and 100% of the support equipment back to Alan Johnson's shops.

What I want to know is are they going to have a rolling Couscous trailer on the midway selling LambKababs. Mmmmm.....Laaaaamb! ;)

I would give Tom Compton my first born if National Dragster would let me interview the Sheik.

Anybody know why they don't have contingency stickers on either of the fuel cars?

I would assume because KH does not want them on the car.

In an article about Billy Glidden's search for a sponsor to defend his 10.5 title, he mentioned that he and his father were flown to the Middle East and offered a sponsorship, but in turn, he could have no other stickers on the car. BG declined the deal because it was not enough to race on, and not being allowed to secure other funding, he could not make the commitment.

I'll bet as soon as the cars make the final round they will have decals on them. No need for Pomona as LD dNQ'ed and Del did not go to the final.
We'll see though.
Dean

I'll bet as soon as the cars make the final round they will have decals on them. No need for Pomona as LD dNQ'ed and Del did not go to the final.
We'll see though.
Dean

I think the only one they have to have is the NHRA Full Throttle decal.... the rest is up to the team....

if you don't have the decals.... less bull realy... no one hasseling you for having the decal and not using the parts... you can do what you want and not worry.......specialy if money isn't an issue.... lol

Billy

We'll see though.
Dean

Something tells me that this isn't about outside money with this camp Dean... Full Throttle 2009 Drag Racing Series will probably be the only sticker we see on these cars (well, maybe a Head Engineering tri-diamond as well :D)...

What I want to know is are they going to have a rolling Couscous trailer on the midway selling LambKababs. Mmmmm.....Laaaaamb! ;)

I would give Tom Compton my first born if National Dragster would let me interview the Sheik.

...Hey Mikey!...

Would your first question be ...

Q: Isn't Qatar the largest U.S millitary installment outside the U.S, and how does it feel to be our alias and Drag Racing Buddies...? :)

...or did you have sumethin' else in mind.?:p

Man...Just think if Baca/Henkelman got than loot....LambKababs at your trailer 24/7 :p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back