Al Anabi Racing (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
Is it just me or does it seem that the Alan Johnson owned Al Anabi T/F teams are not up to the same standards as they have been in the past. You wouldn't think changing drivers would make the difference the team has seen. Maybe it's because the two drivers are not as good as the two they replaced and don't have the same team/driver relationship that both Larry and Del had.
You would have thought that by now one of them would have been in the finals....
Today they look like a top rate team that can't put it together. I wonder if this continues if the Sheik will require some driver/team changes? Maybe Alan is spending too much time with Morgan Lucas, saw him on the starting line each time they ran....

Give Langdon time. As far as the other car.... all I know is.... they shouldn't have fired Larry Dixon. ;)

Last edited:
Langdon's doing fine just lost a good race today. As for Balooshi, he needs to work on the tree. They'll be fine.

No panic. Just that the only times in his career that Alan has had this bad of a start were the 1st year when he and Blaine started and when he tried to run a F/C with Scelzi.
He has always had the top quality drivers. Shawn is good, no doubt, but Balooshi has 'NO' experience in T/F he is still learning.
Also neither one of them has had the car under them they needed to win anyway.
Al Anabi may be going through the same drought that Tony Schu is going through and it also looks like there are other teams that have stepped up from last year.
Alan won the last number of years because he always had great seasoned drivers that had tons of experience and the best cars on the track. Of the two they have today one has 'some' experience and other has none except Pro Mods and neither cars are the best cars on the track at this time.
I expect Alan will get it handled some way or another. Keep in mind Alan has made major changes quickly when he has needed to. He may be happy with the way things have started (NOT) or he is willing to let time tell if anything needs changing.

Even though (as family) I hate what happened with Al-Anabi & Larry, I still (as a fan) want to see this team out there competing. Simply because, for the sake of the sport, more is better. Plus, I want them out there when Larry comes back in 2013 so he can kick their asses.:D

I just hope AJ doesn't concentrate so much on the Lucas program that Al-Anabi suffers, Khalid gets pissed, and pulls the plug altogether.

BTW Terry, prepare to defend yourself. The AJ nut-huggers are gonna cry foul on your comment about Alan spending too much time with MLR.

Balooshi may not have much experience in TF but he has quite a bit of racing experience. I am sure it is difficult to adjust to the car and agree that he needs to work on the tree. Super nice guy. I heard them mention he was under the weather this weekend too

Big mistake dropping Dixon & Worsham!

Worsham wasn't dropped. He retired on his own accord.

Now Dixon is a whole 'nother story. The rumblings I keep hearing is that AJ was under pressure from the Sheik to hire a driver from the middle east. Out goes Dixon, in comes Kalid Albalooshi. Which - IF TRUE - could explain why Dixon has been so quiet about this whole thing.

Now Dixon is a whole 'nother story. The rumblings I keep hearing is that AJ was under pressure from the Sheik to hire a driver from the middle east. Out goes Dixon, in comes Kalid Albalooshi. Which - IF TRUE - could explain why Dixon has been so quiet about this whole thing.

The rumblings you've heard are far off the mark and are not at all true. I'm not having a dig at you Sam, just your source.

Mike

I think both teams are on target to where they should be. You got Brian and Nick on Shawn's team (possibly AJ), they have a top 5 car I don't see any cause for alarm there. Khalid's team you got Jason and ronnie. His car has shown pretty decent performance this year. He just lost on a holeshot 3 out of 4 times this year. That's all it is and give him time, he'll be winning. One huge factor this year is that DSR is running even stronger than last year as well as some other teams only becoming threats serious this year.(Vandergriff, Torrence) To me, watching the battle for 8-12 may be more entertaining than the title battle.

Didn't AJ only have a 3 year deal for the Al Anabi team?

I doubt anything "fishy" is going on... Maybe he's letting the crewchiefs make the decisions and will step in in time?

Or maybe, he''s gearing up for his own run next year?

I think they'll be ok. I just miss seeing Larry Dixon out there....

Personally, I think they're (Langdon & al Balooshi) going to be just fine.

Langdon lost on a holeshot yesterday (.069 to .048) while running a 3.808, so whoever believe's the car's performance is 'off' isn't paying attention. A little raceday luck and his first Wally (of many, probably) is all but assured.

al Balooshi may not have the TF experience, but there's probably no better teacher than AJ, so I'm sure that when he's feeling better and he's had more time to absorb the lessons AJ & his Crew Chief's are teaching, he too will be just fine.

The fact is that Top Fuel is probably more competitive than it's been in decades and there are few, if any, easy rounds anymore.

Last edited:

Let me see, Del just won the championship was driving for one of the best teams in tf and then says thats it. I DONT THINK SO. Then for Larry why get rid of him if they had Dels car open. Albalooshi could have had that ride

Let me see, Del just won the championship was driving for one of the best teams in tf and then says thats it. I DONT THINK SO.
Yup, that's it - It's well known and well documented. Del was considering retirement whether he won the title or not, winning was icing on the cake. He seems very happy & content tuning Alexis' car.

I wouldn't worry about the team. They just need to be in the top 10 come Indy to win the big prize. You don't want to peak too early in the year.

it all adds up - win as much as you can as often as you can.
i'm sure AJ is not happy with no wins thru 4 races.
(4) wins for JFR has over $200k in bank already...and that's just the winner's
checks.

Let me see, Del just won the championship was driving for one of the best teams in tf and then says thats it. I DONT THINK SO.
That is exactly what happened, or are you calling Del and AJ both liars?:cool:
Then for Larry why get rid of him if they had Dels car open. Albalooshi could have had that ride.
Larry's story is a totally different story, one that they chose to keep out of the public. I can just respect that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back