Al Anabi Racing (1 Viewer)

Fuel cars don't have clutches? :rolleyes: Going from a car which you have to basically man handle to get down the race track to a car which requires more finesse would take some adjustment. The speed and how everything happens much more quicker in a fuel car would be the biggest adjustment to get use to. Also RT's is one of Balooshi's issues... But hey what would I know I'm 80000000000000 miles away.

You never heard of Pedal Clutches???? And I was wrong, it's 9,200 Mi!

Last edited:
I have no first hand information but it appears that the car is a tick or two back on the tune-up.
Likely they are offering up a solid amount of wheel time for the rookie driver, which he is.
The driver in a fuel dragster has some important input upon how the car is set up. He is responsible for maintaining an acceptable amount of heat in the clutch prior to launch. Keeping that neutral without a lot of drag is critical, each driver is unique and the adjustment to his habits has to be addressed first thing.
Some drivers get it right away, like Dixon and Del, a testament to their experience as mechanics. Some take a little longer which is more common. Other than hitting the gas on time, keeping it off the wall and stopping it at the other end are bigger challenges. Some rookies to adapt to quickly, he looks to be on track and a capable driver.
I think you will see a step up in performance (winning) shortly as the crew and driver begin singing from the same hymnal and AJ's philosophy is implemented to the next level.

Rob, my prediction with you in the cockpit would be like a -.490 RT, just because you were in a hurry to get to the end of the track and wipe up after $h1TTing yourself during the burnout. :eek:

This is so wrong on so many levels. Secondly, I would expect to read an insult like that from someone who actually drove a Top-Fuel Dragster.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Secondly, I would expect to read an insult like that from someone who actually drove a Top-Fuel Dragster.

This is the Internet big guy. All you need is a keyboard...on the internet everyone is and expert driver, tuner, and movie star. I've heard Alan Johnson actually gets his tuneup from a 13 year old forum poster in Nebraska.

Dont get your panties in a bunch dude, sounds like you know everything you should have know its a joke ;)

There not as I really don't care. Please don't think I was that seriously focused on it.

This is the Internet big guy. All you need is a keyboard...on the internet everyone is and expert driver, tuner, and movie star. I've heard Alan Johnson actually gets his tuneup from a 13 year old forum poster in Nebraska.

Is that also where all the Pro-Stock guys get these "telephone" tuneups?

The only thing better than putting this team on the trailer after the first round would be for them to DNQ.

Geez John, ya HATER!!! Give the team their due. Have you ever thrashed on a HOT CLUTCH or a HOT DRIPPING OILPAN? What is your nitro tuning experience, or driving experience for that matter? Lighen up! Enjoy the show! Sure, Pick your faviorite, But don't wish bad for anyone racing! That's bad karma...

I have no first hand information but it appears that the car is a tick or two back on the tune-up.

It's because they are starting from behind ;)
This car always goes down the track first. The second car down the track (Shawn) gets to benefit from the data. A tweek here and a tweek there.....:)

Geez John, ya HATER!!! Give the team their due. Have you ever thrashed on a HOT CLUTCH or a HOT DRIPPING OILPAN? What is your nitro tuning experience, or driving experience for that matter? Lighen up! Enjoy the show! Sure, Pick your faviorite, But don't wish bad for anyone racing! That's bad karma...

Change the Owner and Driver, revoke their passports and I have no problem.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back