Al Anabi Racing (1 Viewer)

It's happened again. Both cars out in the first round. Both drivers did OK but both cars had problems. Wonder how long it's going to be before Alan makes some changes.
They don't look good.
Have to say the 4 wide is a piece of cxxp but that still doesn't make the cars run bad.

Just stating the facts about them not winning a round yet. Don't see how that has anything to do with anything else except whether you wear panties or not as you seem to be obsessed with that and not what this blog is about.
WHY NOT STICK TO THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT! instead of some dumb thing that has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
OK- I am in no way an expert on running a professional drag racing team.. But as an avid fan, NHRA Member since 1980, former NHRA Super Pro Drag Racer I do know one thing.. It take$ a lot of $$$$ to race these dragsters and Alcohol Funny Cars. Some of you might have forgotten that TAFC Racer Frank Manzo LOST in round #1 at this weekends NHRA 4 Wide Nationals. He also lost in round #3 in Gainesville (RedLight!) But he still lost. We all know that money does not last forever and we all know that thi$ is an extremly EPEN$IVE $port!!! We all have to admit this does make us wonder... Only time will tell with what happens.. Here it is 5 races into the 2012 season and Al Anabis is NOT living up to it's past seasons expections...

Hate to see Alan Johnson waste his huge talents on first-round losses week after week. It's gotta be frustrating for him after setting the world on fire for the last decade. I'd sure like to know what happened with the team over the winter. Is Dixon really THAT good? The team went from winning all the time to rarely doing anything worthy of caring about. Sad...

I'am sure Alan would like to know what's going on also. He only changed drivers and one of them had t/f experience. For some odd reason they just can't get their act together.
BTW has anyone seen the Sheik at the races recently? I know he was grounded by his dad - The Emir - for a while for personal reasons. It's not easy being 22-23 and having all the money he has to play with, you can get into trouble real easy.

Last edited:
Hate to see Alan Johnson waste his huge talents on first-round losses week after week. It's gotta be frustrating for him after setting the world on fire for the last decade. I'd sure like to know what happened with the team over the winter. Is Dixon really THAT good? The team went from winning all the time to rarely doing anything worthy of caring about. Sad...

Its called karma

OK, I'll bite: what happened that caused AJR to deserve bad karma? I suspect (I actually know nothing, but I can guess) that Del Worsham's retirement might have been due to a low-ball offer to return since I never heard of anything like that before Del announced it and I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the scenario of quitting after the biggest achievement of his racing life. Also, I can't imagine any possible cause for Dixon to leave in mid-contract either. Then to top it off AJ goes bargain-shopping for the cheapest drivers he can find to save a few bucks, after all Allen himself said in a Hot Rod magazine article, that, "...the driver can't make the car any better, all he can do is screw it up..." OK, that's my take, what do you guys have?

Just stating the facts about them not winning a round yet. Don't see how that has anything to do with anything else except whether you wear panties or not as you seem to be obsessed with that and not what this blog is about.
WHY NOT STICK TO THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT! instead of some dumb thing that has nothing to do with it.
I'm sorry you don't have a sense of humor

OK, I'll bite: what happened that caused AJR to deserve bad karma? I suspect (I actually know nothing, but I can guess) that Del Worsham's retirement might have been due to a low-ball offer to return since I never heard of anything like that before Del announced it and I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the scenario of quitting after the biggest achievement of his racing life. Also, I can't imagine any possible cause for Dixon to leave in mid-contract either. Then to top it off AJ goes bargain-shopping for the cheapest drivers he can find to save a few bucks, after all Allen himself said in a Hot Rod magazine article, that, "...the driver can't make the car any better, all he can do is screw it up..." OK, that's my take, what do you guys have?

I'd guess most, including myself, are upset over the handling and departure of Larry Dixon. From what I recall, Del was thinking about retirement around the half-way point last year. My opinion on LD losing his seat is the Sheik wanted Al-Balooshi to team with Jason McCulloch. I think Larry probably wanted to continue working with Jason and "his" team. Put Khalid in Del's championship car with Brian Husen and I don't think LD would've had an issue.

I fully agree with you that Dixon got the short end unless there's something we don't know. I also think your scenario is quite possible concerning AlBalooshi. Wonder how the sheik feels now?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back