Al Anabi Racing (1 Viewer)

x2 same here! If Larry was in that car it would have already won an event!

I highly doubt that! That car isn't running as strong as it did last year. If Shawn hasn't won yet, there's is no way to say Larry would have won. Anyway, we don't live in a world of "what if" and since Larry isn't in the car, he isn't going to win anything this year on the sidelines. Remember, there's 2 sides to every story and there is the truth. Read in-between the lines and you should be able to figure out what happened.

From Top Gun Raceway Fallon Nevada...

Big news! Because the strip at Las Vegas is closed tomorrow April 2nd, Alan Johnson and the Al Anabi Racing team has made arrangements to rent Top Gun Raceway. Team owners are disappointed by their drivers holeshot loses today, so the teams plan on just doing launches to get their two drivers some practice shots at the tree. More to come...

Big news! Because the strip at Las Vegas is closed tomorrow April 2nd, Alan Johnson and the Al Anabi Racing team has made arrangements to rent Top Gun Raceway. Team owners are disappointed by their drivers holeshot loses today, so the teams plan on just doing launches to get their two drivers some practice shots at the tree. More to come...

Talk about a facility that's literally in the middle of nowhere! I was stationed at NAS Fallon and it's out there...

five fastest r.t.'s from first round sunday.

antron b. .048 @ 3.829 win over shawn
spencer m. .061 @ 3.806 win
terry m. .061 @ 4.439 win (over kalid a.b.)
morgan l. .064 @ 3.784 win
shawn l. .069 @ 3.808 loss to antron's holeshot

#14 david g. .107 @ 3.815 win
#15 brandon b. .122 @ 3.846 lost(beat by holeshot)
#16 kalid a.b. .126 @ 4.423 lost(faster than mcmillen by .016)

pomona
kalid a.b. 1st round .102 for a loss
shawn l. 1st round .010 for holeshot win
2nd round .062 beat by holeshot

phoenix
kalid a.b. 1st round .086 beat by holesot
shawn l. 1st round .087 for a win
2nd round .083 for a win
3rd round .071 for a loss

gainesville
kalid a.b. 1st round .118 beat by holeshot
shawn l. 1st round .056 for a win
2nd round .065 for a win
3rd round .044 for a loss (to lucas 3.74 e.t.)

averages thru 4 races [email protected] [email protected]

r.t. averages thru 4 races

morgan (12 rnds.) .048
antron (14 rnds.) .051
spencer (12 rnds.) .052
tony (13 rnds.) .064
shawn (9 rnds.) .068

points thru 4 races
antron
morgan
spencer
tony
(points gap)
shawn

thru four races morgan only threat to DSR tf'rs.
IMO shawn's r.t.'s will improve.....as will tony's.....and especially kalid's

Last edited:
excluding balooshi's smokefest with mcmillen on sunday, when the al anabi
cars have made clean runs both drivers have lost twice to holeshots
thru 4 races this year.

Last edited:
I'd make a wise crack here, but I don't think I have the stones to even swap feet in an Alan Johnson car. Ya wanna know how lousy my lights would be with my closed because this car is gonna tear my face off?? Im just sayin'...:eek:

I guess this goes to show that having the best equipment and the best funding is no guarantee of automatic wins in drag racing.

Even with the top equipment the driver and the crew chief still have to be performing flawlessly for wins to happen, I think its the most competitive form of motorsports, there is zero room for error in a drag race.

Balooshi may not have much experience in TF but he has quite a bit of racing experience. I am sure it is difficult to adjust to the car and agree that he needs to work on the tree. Super nice guy. I heard them mention he was under the weather this weekend too

Going from a Clutch car to a Fuel car is a huge adjustment!

I think some of us might underestimate how much a good driver is worth sometimes. Langdon's got a couple years experience under his belt, but for whatever reason can't seal the deal. As for Balooshi, I was shocked he got the seat to say the least. It's kind of like never having played baseball before and getting put in the starting rotation of the Yankees because you're a good football player. I don't see any success at all from him this year, but will happily accept an "I told you so" if I turn out to be wrong later on.

Going from a Clutch car to a Fuel car is a huge adjustment!

Fuel cars don't have clutches? :rolleyes: Going from a car which you have to basically man handle to get down the race track to a car which requires more finesse would take some adjustment. The speed and how everything happens much more quicker in a fuel car would be the biggest adjustment to get use to. Also RT's is one of Balooshi's issues... But hey what would I know I'm 80000000000000 miles away.

I laugh everytime balooshi gets beat on a hole shot.

Balooshi he better find a way to learn how to cut a light. I am sure it is not the car. and he has driven alot of cars. not sure what to think .he seems like a nice guy..But dam it.. got to cut better lights.. He is killing them !

You don't launch with them.........:rolleyes:

Thanks for stating the obvious Lance. I think most of us know that the clutch is engaged when the car is into stage! Personally I think leaving in a fuel car or a fuel car would be a lot easier than launching in a Pro Mod or Blown Alcohol car! But what would I know.

Thanks for stating the obvious Lance. I think most of us know that the clutch is engaged when the car is into stage! Personally I think leaving in a fuel car or a fuel car would be a lot easier than launching in a Pro Mod or Blown Alcohol car! But what would I know.

The only guys that rev cars up on the starting line are the ones that don't make enough power to leave from a dead idle. <ducking>

:p

five fastest r.t.'s from first round sunday.

antron b. .048 @ 3.829 win over shawn
spencer m. .061 @ 3.806 win
terry m. .061 @ 4.439 win (over kalid a.b.)
morgan l. .064 @ 3.784 win
shawn l. .069 @ 3.808 loss to antron's holeshot

#14 david g. .107 @ 3.815 win
#15 brandon b. .122 @ 3.846 lost(beat by holeshot)
#16 kalid a.b. .126 @ 4.423 lost(faster than mcmillen by .016)

pomona
kalid a.b. 1st round .102 for a loss
shawn l. 1st round .010 for holeshot win
2nd round .062 beat by holeshot

phoenix
kalid a.b. 1st round .086 beat by holesot
shawn l. 1st round .087 for a win
2nd round .083 for a win
3rd round .071 for a loss

gainesville
kalid a.b. 1st round .118 beat by holeshot
shawn l. 1st round .056 for a win
2nd round .065 for a win
3rd round .044 for a loss (to lucas 3.74 e.t.)

averages thru 4 races [email protected] [email protected]

r.t. averages thru 4 races

morgan (12 rnds.) .048
antron (14 rnds.) .051
spencer (12 rnds.) .052
tony (13 rnds.) .064
shawn (9 rnds.) .068

points thru 4 races
antron
morgan
spencer
tony
(points gap)
shawn

thru four races morgan only threat to DSR tf'rs.
IMO shawn's r.t.'s will improve.....as will tony's.....and especially kalid's
alBalooshi averages .060 RT through 1st 4 races in Pro Mod last year so there is hope he'll adjust and get better. He's no Massey or Antron but he can do better with time. Just curious if they are running the car a little backed down until he gets a little more use to it.

Is this your two days late April Fool joke? Because not a word of it is true.....

Alan

I would think part of that statement is true. I'm sure the owners are disappointed with the drivers holeshot losses.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back