Pomona finals and no vaccine requirements (1 Viewer)

That's because it's Texas and they do whatever they want whether it's good for you or not, regardless of what the experts and science say. Think we should make a deal and give Texas back to Mexico but I don't think they want it.
one of the people the cameras caught maskless in the audience there was Mr. Hollywood liberal George Lucas.....

Well the most that will be allowed through the gate is 10K per the county guideline. Don't think it will get that amount for this event, but you never know..

Last time (2019) they were parking cars on the oval infield.

Last week Gibbs said he did not see a problem getting tickets at the gate either day. Steve knows better than anyone what he had last time. For Pomona 10,000 isn't a lot but you would have a real hard time stuffing that many people into Irwindale.

Last week Gibbs said he did not see a problem getting tickets at the gate either day. Steve knows better than anyone what he had last time. For Pomona 10,000 isn't a lot but you would have a real hard time stuffing that many people into Irwindale.
Terry are you racing your slot cars at the Funny Car Fall Classic at the new 4-wide track in Whitter this weekend or at the Fall Brawl in Arizona in 3 weeks?

Terry are you racing your slot cars at the Funny Car Fall Classic at the new 4-wide track in Whitter this weekend or at the Fall Brawl in Arizona in 3 weeks?
Eugene, as much as I want to I am not able to attend the fabulous race at Piranha this saturday or Arizona. I went to BPR last Friday planning to race the no-glue race but wasn't able to stay long enough to race because of back problems. Will be out as soon as I can. Need to be able to bring my A game to compete against you.

Eugene, as much as I want to I am not able to attend the fabulous race at Piranha this saturday or Arizona. I went to BPR last Friday planning to race the no-glue race but wasn't able to stay long enough to race because of back problems. Will be out as soon as I can. Need to be able to bring my A game to compete against you.
Sorry to hear that Terry, and I hope you start feeling better soon. You could bring you C game and beat me though.:)

one of the people the cameras caught maskless in the audience there was Mr. Hollywood liberal George Lucas.....
He was also caught with a mask on when he was out in the crowd at the track. His maskless pic appeared to be in a suite, none of know if there were precautions taken to get into the room.

That's because it's Texas and they do whatever they want whether it's good for you or not, regardless of what the experts and science say. Think we should make a deal and give Texas back to Mexico but I don't think they want it.
Yes, that’s why people are leaving that cesspool in droves and coming to Texas. The last I checked, we were in America and not communist China. If you want a government that tells you what to do, how to think and how to live, please move there. I’ve blocked your stupid ass, so don’t bother replying.

Last edited:

Most of us in and around Texas would gladly withdraw and let all of the country west of the Rocky's and most of the Northeast go their own way. We could suggest a location if your confused about a destination.

Actually, the rest of the country would rather be like Texas and let California become it's own country. There is a mass exodus happening in California right now, but for some strange reason they're all moving to Texas. Go figure?

Actually, the rest of the country would rather be like Texas and let California become it's own country. There is a mass exodus happening in California right now, but for some strange reason they're all moving to Texas. Go figure?
Unfortunately they are not all going to Texas, a lot of them get off at the first stop across the border and have proceeded to mess things up pretty badly.

Both Cornell and Stanford Universities have done extensive research on the so called exodus from California. The study found there are no changes in the amount of people leaving the state in the last few years and there is no mass exodus. There are people leaving the so called Silicon Valley in Northern California but they are relocating to south of the Bay Area. It also said the reason some of the people moving and going to Texas because is it has one of the lowest costs of living in the country. As far as parts of Oregon and California becoming a new state called Jefferson that is one of the biggest laughs we all have had and it has gone on for years. [There is also the group that wants to break up California into 2 states - North California and South California. That's another dumb idea as most of the economy and population of the state is in Southern California. I have no problem with people leaving and going to another state. It is expensive to live in California but there are numerous states that are more costly than California. New York being one of them. California is the 5th largest economy in the world. It's economy is 1/4th of the total US economy. It is also the most populous state with the #2 having 1/3rd less population which is Texas. I have no problem with Texas or any other state. We have 50 states for people to pick from for where they want to live. Each one has it's pro's and cons.

Last edited:
10k fan limit? i'd be surprised if pomona has attracted 10k fans to either event on any day in quite a while.
why put this story out there? so the announcers on tv show can remind everyone that the mostly empty bleachers are due to CA covid restrictions?
and not a general downturn in attendance the pomona events have been experiencing for over a decade?
Many years ago when Carl Olson still worked for NHRA I asked him why the prices at Pomona kept going up every year. His answer was very simple, NHRA would keep raising the admission as long as they had a sell out. Kind of like what Disneyland does with its pricing except the attendance at Pomona has been declining and probably part of the reason is because of the admission price.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back