Pomona finals and no vaccine requirements (1 Viewer)

1963grinch

Nitro Member
I got an email from the NHRA about Pomona and the LA county vaccine requirements being waved because of crowd limits-

IMPORTANT: Know Before You Go!

Fans will NOT be subject to vaccine verification or proof of negative COVID test in order to attend the event at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. Due to voluntary capacity limitations, this open-air outdoor event does not require these measures, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.

It looks like the limits are 10k spectators or less under the county ordinance and masks are required. So It looks like a small crowd at least on Sunday but at least there will be an excuse for the small crowd and also it will be a "sellout." Anybody heard anything for driver and crew requirements about vaccines or neg covid tests?

I got an email from the NHRA about Pomona and the LA county vaccine requirements being waved because of crowd limits-

IMPORTANT: Know Before You Go!

Fans will NOT be subject to vaccine verification or proof of negative COVID test in order to attend the event at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. Due to voluntary capacity limitations, this open-air outdoor event does not require these measures, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.

It looks like the limits are 10k spectators or less under the county ordinance and masks are required. So It looks like a small crowd at least on Sunday but at least there will be an excuse for the small crowd and also it will be a "sellout." Anybody heard anything for driver and crew requirements about vaccines or neg covid tests?
Mssks are recommended, not required. I doubt I will see many masks being worn which is fine with me.

10k fan limit? i'd be surprised if pomona has attracted 10k fans to either event on any day in quite a while.
why put this story out there? so the announcers on tv show can remind everyone that the mostly empty bleachers are due to CA covid restrictions?
and not a general downturn in attendance the pomona events have been experiencing for over a decade?

you could be onto something there bob......no covid outbreaks at any nhra national events. somebody tell the gov't. officials we have proven covid-safe outdoor sporting event ;)

you could be onto something there bob......no covid outbreaks at any nhra national events. somebody tell the gov't. officials we have proven covid-safe outdoor sporting event ;)
Also, apparently shouting out “Let’s go Brandon” for some reason prevents the Covid too, seeing as they don’t have nitro fumes at NASCAR, football and baseball games and crowd turnout has been huge for those sports.

Testing needs to be done on this development

Masks are recommended, not required. I doubt I will see many masks being worn which is fine with me.

I'm good with "recommended." People who wish to wear one can do so without judgment or complaint - but mandates don't work for Americans.

I was at the "Winternationals in July" and if there was a mask mandate you would never have known it once past the ticketing gate. I just came back from the Fallnationals at the Motorplex and after three days at the event I could have counted the number of masks on my fingers.

All that aside I'm looking forward to the Finals!

I'm planning on being there! *unless gas prices get too crazy. Currently $4.25 gal. I heard they were expecting higher! eek!

We're coming down to LA, Jan. 9 for the Rams/Niners game. Daughter is a big SF fan, so that's her Xmas present. I know SoFi stadium is mandating fans to wear masks. And that's fine. I might make the Winters in Feb, tho. Haven't been to the Fairplex since the '19 Finals. Too long.

I haven't seen anywhere where they are going to limit how many can attend the Finals at Pomona.

I haven't seen anywhere where they are going to limit how many can attend the Finals at Pomona.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-220817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-220817_Chrome.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 41
I think the NHRA knows the writing is on the wall for spectator turnout at any Pomona event going forward. Sadly, the Southern California motorsport market is dead and Pomona is as well. The NHRA knows they won't get 10,000 fans at the race regardless.

I think the NHRA knows the writing is on the wall for spectator turnout at any Pomona event going forward. Sadly, the Southern California motorsport market is dead and Pomona is as well. The NHRA knows they won't get 10,000 fans at the race regardless.
What a shame. Such a huge amount of drag racing history in that state, and at Pomona in particular.

Texas had a good turnout for the F1 race down there. Whenever I looked at the crowd shots on TV I didn’t see any masks.

The attendance?
That's because it's Texas and they do whatever they want whether it's good for you or not, regardless of what the experts and science say. Think we should make a deal and give Texas back to Mexico but I don't think they want it.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back