Winternationals Face Mask and Vaccine/Negative Test Requirements (1 Viewer)

wanted to say something, but it really didn't have much of anything to do with the winternationals, so i'm going to go over to 'virus' thread in politics room.
as long as nhra has lease at fairgrounds, i get why there are two races there, even with short shutdown......but i'd like to see season start in florida at the gators and finish in las vegas.

Terry, LA County went to 5000 on January 15th for open air events
You are incorrect. LA County has not limited MEGA Events to 5,000. It has requirements that must be met for MEGA events that exceed 5,000. Read the latest from LA County. At first I agreed but reading it again it specifically differentiates between outdoor events of less than 5,000 and a MEGA event which is 5,000+. All they did was reduce the requirements from 10,000+ to 5,000+ it does not limit the attendance of any outdoor event, just the requirements..

I just emailed NHRA and asked if there is a spectator limit for Pomona. When I get a reply I will post the info.

Last edited:
Mike,

Not arguing, just asking. What effect does that have on the NASCAR Clash or the Super Bowl? Or USC UCLA Basketball?

Alan

Glad you asked about USC/UCLA Basketball as it really applies to all college sports. One of my other sporting interest is Men's Volleyball, which is in full swing right now and there has been many cancelled events do to players or coaching staff being put under the COVID protocal.

Here is what UCLA has to say about sporting event on campus. The same goes for all other colleges in LA county I'm sure.

Go CSUN Matadors! My alma mater. ;)

I am going on Friday due to not having requirements. I will be missing Saturday and Sunday for the first time since 1992 because of this. I am not going to pay to get the rapid test on site due to not received the jab. Quite a few friends have said the same thing. The 21 Summer-Winter Nats and the Finals did not require it.
I'm pretty sure the on-site tests are free. They are around here anyways

Terry, I never said they limited any attendance and I'm sure the Winternationals will be the same as the Grand National Roadster Show, show proof of the vax or take a test at the gate and get your results in about 10 minutes.

Alan, its LA County so I'm pretty sure they all follow the same guidelines.

I am going on Friday due to not having requirements. I will be missing Saturday and Sunday for the first time since 1992 because of this. I am not going to pay to get the rapid test on site due to not received the jab. Quite a few friends have said the same thing. The 21 Summer-Winter Nats and the Finals did not require it.
If the mask stops you you didnt want to go anyway!

Alan, from NASCAR for the clash

er current guidelines issued by the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health and the City of Los Angeles, the Event Organizer must require all attendees, ages 5 and older, to agree to the terms below prior to ticket purchases and at event entry: By purchasing tickets for this event, I confirm that at the time of the event I will provide verification that I will either have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or received a negative COVID-19 test result prior to entry. When providing a negative test result, the test must be either a PCR test taken within 2 days before the event, or an antigen test taken within 1 day before the event. Attendees 18 and over must also have ID to show at entry. All attendees (except for children under the age of 2) will be required to wear a face mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times, except when actively eating or drinking. Please note this requirement will apply to all members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event. These requirements are subject to change and may be updated prior to the date of your event. Be sure to check the venue website closer to the date of your event for the latest entry requirements

Super Bowl attendees will be required to wear a mask. Not surprising since SoFi stadium is in LA county. https://kutv.com/amp/sports/nfl/sup...ntigen-test-sofi-stadium-inglewood-california

Also, for the poster that said the vaccines don’t work against Omicron, the vaccines plus booster vastly reduces chances of getting Covid. https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-studies-covid-boosters-protection-against-omiIf you look cron.amp

Super Bowl attendees will be required to wear a mask. Not surprising since SoFi stadium is in LA county. https://kutv.com/amp/sports/nfl/sup...ntigen-test-sofi-stadium-inglewood-california

Also, for the poster that said the vaccines don’t work against Omicron, the vaccines plus booster vastly reduces chances of getting Covid. https://www.foxnews.Icom/health/cdc-studies-covid-boosters-protection-against-omicron.amp

Also, for the poster that said the vaccines don’t work against Omicron, the vaccines plus booster vastly reduces chances of getting Covid. https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-studies-covid-boosters-protection-against-omicron.amp
True .. but enforcement is definitely lacking. I've been to a few restaurants in the past couple of weeks and was not even checked for a vaccine card and nobody was wearing a mask.. I went to the NFC Championship game last sunday and they did check vaccination status and everyone wearing a mask hoing through the line ... once inside literally nobody was wearing their mask. They had a warning on the huge video board all game long to wear your mask, but nobody was. Nobody was enforcing it either. So, the mandate is in effect but it seems like everyone has got covid fatigue and kind of just doing what they want. Including the mayor of LA .... wait .... nevermind he was holding his breath. Haha.

Being reported that California is ending mask mandates on Feb. 15th.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back