Winternationals Face Mask and Vaccine/Negative Test Requirements (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Heads up to those who will be attending the Winternationals. To be clear this is a local requirement and not an NHRA requirement. Please don't turn this into a political debate, I just wanted to give everyone the heads up as I didn't see this until Erica Enders posted about it. The racers just have to wear a face mask, no vaccine or negative test requirement.

For SATURDAY & SUNDAY ATTENDEES ONLY at the Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com, please be aware of the Los Angeles County Department of Health guidelines for outdoor mega-events.

FACE MASKS

All people (ages 2 and over) must wear a face mask at all times, regardless of vaccination status, indoors and outdoors, except while actively eating and drinking.

PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE VIRAL TEST

All attendees (ages 5 and over) must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 viral test result prior to being admitted to the event. This includes spectator tickets, suite holders, and guest credentials.

ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION

1. Photo I.D. of the attendee (ages 18 and over) AND
  2. Vaccination card OR
  3. Photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
  4. Photo of the attendee's vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
  5. Documentation of the attendee's full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider
Vaccination card must include name of person vaccinated, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date of last dose administered.

ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF PRE-ENTRY NEGATIVE VIRAL TEST

2. Printed document from the test provider or laboratory OR
  3. Email or text message displayed on a phone from the test provider or laboratory
Test result needs to include the attendee's name, date of test, type of test performed, and negative test result. To be valid for entry, an antigen test must be conducted no more than 24 hours prior to entry and a PCR test must be conducted no more than 48 hours prior to entry.

RAPID TESTING

Rapid testing will be available on-site for those attendees who may not have had the opportunity to test before the event. More information on locations and pre-registration will be posted here as it becomes available.v

Heads up to those who will be attending the Winternationals. To be clear this is a local requirement and not an NHRA requirement. Please don't turn this into a political debate, I just wanted to give everyone the heads up as I didn't see this until Erica Enders posted about it. The racers just have to wear a face mask, no vaccine or negative test requirement.

For SATURDAY & SUNDAY ATTENDEES ONLY at the Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com, please be aware of the Los Angeles County Department of Health guidelines for outdoor mega-events.

FACE MASKS

All people (ages 2 and over) must wear a face mask at all times, regardless of vaccination status, indoors and outdoors, except while actively eating and drinking.

PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE VIRAL TEST

All attendees (ages 5 and over) must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 viral test result prior to being admitted to the event. This includes spectator tickets, suite holders, and guest credentials.

ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION

2. Vaccination card OR
  3. Photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
  4. Photo of the attendee's vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
  5. Documentation of the attendee's full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider
Vaccination card must include name of person vaccinated, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date of last dose administered.

ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF PRE-ENTRY NEGATIVE VIRAL TEST

2. Printed document from the test provider or laboratory OR
  3. Email or text message displayed on a phone from the test provider or laboratory
Test result needs to include the attendee's name, date of test, type of test performed, and negative test result. To be valid for entry, an antigen test must be conducted no more than 24 hours prior to entry and a PCR test must be conducted no more than 48 hours prior to entry.

RAPID TESTING

Rapid testing will be available on-site for those attendees who may not have had the opportunity to test before the event. More information on locations and pre-registration will be posted here as it becomes available.v
What a joke. I wonder why the racers are held to a different standard than the fans? I also find it odd that it is only Saturday and Sunday. Maybe the virus doesn’t spread during weekdays? I’m sure NHRA had to agree to the rules of the county to be allowed to hold the event. I wonder if NHRA will give credit for those ticket holders that refuse to meet the requirements to enter the track? All of this makes no sense to me being an outdoor event. I’m fully vaxed but that is my choice and don’t think it should be a requirement. Is the SuperBowl, also in LA requiring the same?

Last edited:
What a joke. I wonder why the racers are held to a different standard than the fans? I also find it odd that it is only Saturday and Sunday. Maybe the virus doesn’t spread during weekdays? I’m sure NHRA had to agree to the rules of the county to be allowed to hold the event. I wonder if NHRA will give credit for those ticket holders that refuse to meet the requirements to enter the track? All of this makes no sense to me being an outdoor event. I’m fully vaxed but that is my choice and don’t think it should be a requirement. Is the SuperBowl, also in LA requiring the same?
What do you expect? Its california,run by a bunch of lunatics

Not sure about Super Bowl but tomorrow's Rams-49ers game at Sofi is subject to these rules. Seems silly as even San Francisco is starting to relax it's requirements

Someone on another car forum I'm on posted that the monthly Pomona Swapmeet carshow also implemented these requirements and attendance dwindled.
I wondered why because when I went to The Finals two months ago, no such requirements were in place.

Guess I won't be going and $pending money with them unless they relax the regs by then.

They are doing the same thing at the Grand National Roadster Show this weekend at the Fairplex.

Paul, crowd limit was 10,000 at the finals and its now 5000. This is all LA County doings. Where i live in Riverside County we have none of this except at a few places.

March Meet in Bakersfield is wide open in a month

They are doing the same thing at the Grand National Roadster Show this weekend at the Fairplex.

Paul, crowd limit was 10,000 at the finals and its now 5000. This is all LA County doings. Where i live in Riverside County we have none of this except at a few places.

March Meet in Bakersfield is wide open in a month
But somehow the NFL will be allowed to have 60k+ fans for the SuperBowl.

Paul, crowd limit was 10,000 at the finals and its now 5000. This is all LA County doings.
Oh wow I did not know that! Very unfortunate. I was going to take a newbie with me. Oh well.

Typical LA County Government bullshit. But these imbecilles are voted in. So the People need to make smarter choices at the ballot box.

No such requirement to get into Walmart, of course. I guess it's not a "Mega" event. But has anyone ever been to Walmart on a weekend?

And yes, no such requirement at the NHRA Finals in early November 2021.

I guess football doesn't spread it.
$$$$$$$$$$$ is the reason. Honestly it would not surprise my if in the immediate days after the Super Bowl a new lockdown of events happen in that shithole. There is no way it will happen before because no way are they going to lose out on the hundreds of millions of dollars the super bowl and all of the side events brings in. If they lost all of that revenue they could not line the corrupt politicians pockets....I mean help improve their city,

I have a chance to go but I just can't handle the mask BS.
Having to wear them outside is just ridiculous.
I also see the crowd size is limited to 5000?

Cliff, you live in a state that has some common sense and the track is in Indian land

Jon, the finals were 10,000 fans, its now 5000.

The Barrett-Jackson auction has been going on this week in Scottsdale. I haven't seen too many masks there, either inside or out.

The Barrett-Jackson auction has been going on this week in Scottsdale. I haven't seen too many masks there, either inside or out.
I bet If there was a 10% chance your favorite driver would win the race if you wore a mask it wouldn’t be a problem. God forbid you wear a mask and there’s a 10% chance someone won’t get sick! Next time you have a surgical procedure tell the surgeon there’s no need for him to wear his. They’ve only been wearing mask for 150 years or more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back