Winternationals Face Mask and Vaccine/Negative Test Requirements (1 Viewer)

Simple solution, move all restricted drag racing events to Gainesville. Florida is wide open and anything goes. Mask or no mask, vaccination or not makes no difference.
It is strange how different rules are for different events.

What do you expect? Its california,run by a bunch of lunatics
You do understand that we are experiencing record increase in infection over the last few week?

While the trends seem to indicated a lessening in the rate of increase, there is still a huge risk of infection, illness, and even death!

If the current decreases continue, the regulations may change before Pomona, like they have in San Fancisco!

You do understand that we are experiencing record increase in infection over the last few week?

While the trends seem to indicated a lessening in the rate of increase, there is still a huge risk of infection, illness, and even death!

If the current decreases continue, the regulations may change before Pomona, like they have in San Fancisco!

Its called life,live it and stop watching cnn

I bet If there was a 10% chance your favorite driver would win the race if you wore a mask it wouldn’t be a problem. God forbid you wear a mask and there’s a 10% chance someone won’t get sick! Next time you have a surgical procedure tell the surgeon there’s no need for him to wear his. They’ve only been wearing mask for 150 years or more.
Geez. Lighten up.
I was merely replying to a previous post in this thread that questioned if masks were going to be required for the Phoenix race when I said I didn’t see many masks for the Barrett-Jackson auction being held this weekend in Scottsdale.
If you want to wear a mask, even when it’s not required, that’s certainly your right.
But, if one is not required, I’ll do without, thank you very much.

Its called life,live it and stop watching cnn

As opposed to watching Faux News?

The media shares the same tactics all around.

For many this is beyond just living life. I'm trying to be cautious for those around me. I still do the same things that I normally do but I'm definitely cautious about it. I love my family and friends too much.

Last edited:
My guess would be that the vast majority of people will take off their masks once they get in the gates.
Yep. Highly doubt there will be any enforcement once you're in the gates; I would say that not wanting to wear a mask shouldn't be the reason someone doesn't go. The Farmers Insurance Open golf tournament in San Diego had all the same mask rules, and you could see on the TV broadcast not a soul was wearing one. Same thing at my college and at our basketball games, we have an indoor mask mandate, but everybody wears one through the gate and immediately takes it back down, and bobody does or says anything. I would say the Winternationals will be the same way. Just saying you have a mask rule to please the local government enough for them to let you have the race doesn't mean that said requirement is enforced in reality.

Spence, San Diego has a different rules however I agree that once you in the gate I doubt much will be done except you have to show proof of vaccine or a negative test to get through the gate

Last edited:
They are doing the same thing at the Grand National Roadster Show this weekend at the Fairplex.

Paul, crowd limit was 10,000 at the finals and its now 5000. This is all LA County doings. Where i live in Riverside County we have none of this except at a few places.

March Meet in Bakersfield is wide open in a month
Where did you hear the crowd limit is 5,000? LA County does not have a crowd limit, just COVID requirements. The NHRA ticket site is for reserved seating. It doesn't have anything about General Admission.

Last edited:
No masks were no problem at all for the state governor, and mayors of San Francisco and Los Angeles. So I guess it's ok for them, but not anyone else?
Gavin-Newsom-maskless-_59.jpg

magic-johnson-london-breed-eric-garcetti-1643609997.jpg

I watched that game and I did see a celebrity, Leonardo Decaprio, with a mask on. But it was pulled down under his chin.

I watched that game and I did see a celebrity, Leonardo Decaprio, with a mask on. But it was pulled down under his chin.
Yes,he was sporting a chin diaper, not covering mouth or nose, but none of the other notables had any masks to be found. You’d think Magic with his history of HIV would certainly be following CDC guidance, and then there’s Newsom...it’s all just political theater.

Mike,

Not arguing, just asking. What effect does that have on the NASCAR Clash or the Super Bowl? Or USC UCLA Basketball?

Alan

A, it's been scientifically proven that vaccinations DO NOT prevent the spread of the Omicron variant or even lower the number by one case; B, it's also been proven that the Level 3 surgical masks that most everyone wears have almost zero effect on preventing spread of same because the virus is small enough to travel in and out of them. An N95 would likely be effective but nobody is going to wear one of those restrictive things for 5 hours at a drag race.

I won't bother starting a discussion as to why LA county has this mandate since that entails politics. We all know the reasons. And yes, there's been a large increase in infection rates but there's only one way to ensure you won't catch Omicron COVID from the Winternationals event - don't attend it. The Pomona Winternats are traditional but if I were running things at NHRA I'd consider moving the event to another state - permanently. Flame away.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back