Pomona finals and no vaccine requirements (1 Viewer)

Both Cornell and Stanford Universities have done extensive research on the so called exodus from California. The study found there are no changes in the amount of people leaving the state in the last few years and there is no mass exodus. There are people leaving the so called Silicon Valley in Northern California but they are relocating to south of the Bay Area. It also said the reason some of the people moving and going to Texas because is it has one of the lowest costs of living in the country. As far as parts of Oregon and California becoming a new state called Jefferson that is one of the biggest laughs we all have had and it has gone on for years. [There is also the group that wants to break up California into 2 states - North California and South California. That's another dumb idea as most of the economy and population of the state is in Southern California. I have no problem with people leaving and going to another state. It is expensive to live in California but there are numerous states that are more costly than California. New York being one of them. California is the 5th largest economy in the world. It's economy is 1/4th of the total US economy. It is also the most populous state with the #2 having 1/3rd less population which is Texas. I have no problem with Texas or any other state. We have 50 states for people to pick from for where they want to live. Each one has it's pro's and cons.

Talk about laughable, I don't know when those studies were made, but here is the fact on the matter:

The overall population may not be shrinking, but the voting population is.

With regards to CA being the 5th largest economy West Germany was a large growing economy in the 80's, but something happened to cause that contry to go bankrupt. Nevertheless, read and understand this from the ca.gov itself. Not to be found in the news.

Cornell is located in NY and Stanford in CA. What could ever have caused them to both have the same results?
A few years ago our local government paid a locally well known university to do a survey on future bus ridership needs vs. future automobile roadway needs.
Its rather apparent the university did the survey at public bus stops.
Guess which way the irrefutable "professional survey" recommended our tax dollars be spent?
Yep, for adding new "rapid transit" bus lanes plus adding more "local bus service" priority turn-in/out lanes for local bus service on the same roads. Automobile and truck traffic will lose one full lane in each direction.
Surveys seem to always favor those who support or pay for them.
Apologies for errors at best show up many weeks/years after the damage is done.

Last edited:
Talk about laughable, I don't know when those studies were made, but here is the fact on the matter:
The overall population may not be shrinking, but the voting population is.
With regards to CA being the 5th largest economy West Germany was a large growing economy in the 80's, but something happened to cause that contry to go bankrupt. Nevertheless, read and understand this from the ca.gov itself. Not to be found in the news.

It really makes very little difference what the overall population of California is in relation to Pomona or Drag Racing in general. Figures lie and Liers figure. The reality is the main population of those who have followed Drag Racing in California and - or will spend money to go to Pomona as well as other Drag Races have either become very long in the Tooth pased away or moved away. The total population of the state has as Gino said lost enough numbers to lose one seat in congress. It affects the real number of those who follow or race even more because the new people coming here are not likely to even know or care about what Drag Racing is. Gino is very aware of this change because I have seen him coming to the drags since he was in diapers and he is now old enough to be a Grandpa.

Last edited:
That's a disgusting and unnecessary comment. Moderators, this needs to be removed.
I totally agree.
The posts about California and Texas are one thing but Tony Smith's comment is way out of bounds. It is inappropriate and disgusting and doesn't belong in any discussion or anywhere on Nitromater. It needs to be removed..

Last edited:
Was his statement wrong? Was a President not assassinated in Texas? I lived in Houston for 7 years and loved living there and would move back in a second, I am elsewhere because I received a job offer I couldn't refuse in IL. Please stay on topic about Pomona and their requirements.

Was his statement wrong? Was a President not assassinated in Texas? I lived in Houston for 7 years and loved living there and would move back in a second, I am elsewhere because I received a job offer I couldn't refuse in IL. Please stay on topic about Pomona and their requirements.
How is a disgusting comment about a President getting "clipped" on topic? Yes a President was assassinated in Texas. What does you living in Houston have to do with staying on topic? I would expect better judgement from a mater staff member.

On to Las Vegas
The weather will be great. Friday 80,Saturday 81, Sunday 80. All the classes have full fields. With the temp forecast to be the same all 3 days they should have some pretty good tune ups for sunday.
The silly season will probably have a great time with some major announcements.

Last edited:
Completely true....may he rest in peace.(In my best Frank Costello voice)

I detect a few snowflakes ❄ in here...brrr.

Anyways...since the race is in Vegas this weekend. What's the over/under for funny cars running over the cones?

Back to the Finals at the Pomona Fairplex, the Covid restrictions, and specifically the Fairplex,.

For those who don't know it, every two months the parking lot, pit area and entire asphalt section clear up to the grandstands of the Fairplex hosts an enormous automotive swap meet where people from all over the world come to buy classic cars, parts, memorabilia, you name it. The swap meet has been shut down due to Covid since last year and finally allowed to resume in August with no restrictions. The August Swap Meet was packed, hundreds of thousands of people and hundreds of thousands of cars, which is typical. Anyone who's ever gone will tell you it's much larger than the races NHRA holds there. On October 7th, L.A. County announces restrictions requiring anyone in attendance to require proof of vaccine or proof of a negative Covid test within the last 72 hours in order to get in. Ten days later, the scheduled October 17th swap meet was a disaster, ghost town, the place was deserted. People aren't going to put up with this crap..

Here's what the Fairplex looks like every time they hold the swap meets:

largearial.jpg

Not to get too political here but, California is doing a pretty good job to Lindsay who was involved in drag racing.

In-N-out will be just fine. The places that were closed have reopened with drive through and carry out. I live in Riverside County and all the McDonalds are only doing drive through, no take out at all. McDonald's sent a letter to All franchise owners in the US to stop inside eating. All the fast food places I have seen in the Temecula area do not have indoor eating. Some have take out but some don't even have take out, only drive through.

In-N-out will be just fine. The places that were closed have reopened with drive through and carry out. I live in Riverside County and all the McDonalds are only doing drive through, no take out at all. McDonald's sent a letter to All franchise owners in the US to stop inside eating. All the fast food places I have seen in the Temecula area do not have indoor eating. Some have take out but some don't even have take out, only drive through.
Haven't seen anyone in our local Mc D's in a long time here in Tx

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back