NHRA / FS1 (1 Viewer)

David, been a huge fan of Leah forever, smart, articulate, super competitive, but, after her first win she goes the Enders, Angell route and says God did it for her, broke my heart, says at her base she's a dummy. Devout belief in the greatest fairy tale ever told, wow.

You say your a fan of hers,but then knock her for her belief in God,and call her a dummy...she is not the only racer that ever gave "credit" for their win to God,lots of them do it all the time,and not just the few you mentioned....guess they are all dummies too?

David, been a huge fan of Leah forever, smart, articulate, super competitive, but, after her first win she goes the Enders, Angell route and says God did it for her, broke my heart, says at her base she's a dummy. Devout belief in the greatest fairy tale ever told, wow.

Well, at least you got the "Wow" part right.........

You would have been better off not saying anything at all.

Sean D

Better show. Some style quirks aren't to my taste, but they're not bad just something I'll need to adjust too

When Force complained of issues he was having, going back and showing it would have been good. (unless it wasn't something that was obvious, he made it sound like a mess but that's Force-speak too)

They showed the numbers better this time. We all got tired with the lame, cliché interviews where the driver says the same things every time, but they've almost gone too far the other way. I wanted to see Terry as soon as he got out of the car to catch that excitement. They did get to him and later in booth even so that was good.

I can't handle these almost live shows with the amount of dead time. I quit paying attention after too long.

Not sure why they had to mention Roy's heart attack so many times. I get if it was his first race back, but that was a few years ago and pretty irrelevant to what was going on now.

They are getting better, the only thing they could do is to get rid of the graphics they use that show the start, and finish lines along with the sponsor graphics they put on the lanes when the cars are staging (the graphics look cheesey, just saying).
Tell that to those sponsors paying for those rights. These graphics could be the ticket to growing the sponsor base, never know.

I only saw bits and pieces of the Pomona live, and then again on the replay and I echoed some of the same thoughts....good...better...but needs some improvement....and I thought yesterday's show was muuuuuucccchhhh better. I am not a big TP guy but he did much better, Bruno was really good and I love the winners circle. Kinda wish they would pull the sportsman into that if they are going to say "all winners".

I was very impressed with Leah's interview at the top end and in the winners circle. And what I thought was a classy move by Leah was that she thanked a lot of people who helped get her here....from early on...very happy to see her mention the Dotes as part of that list...who she ran with last year.

When Force complained of issues he was having, going back and showing it would have been good. (unless it wasn't something that was obvious, he made it sound like a mess but that's Force-speak too).
Exactly what I was referring to in my post when I mentioned I don't need to see EVERY burnout... but when there's an issue, then sure, lets see what happened.

One last thought, though unrelated to PJ's comment. I think Tony will grow on me, but I think he lacks some of the hands-on experience that we grew so accustomed to with Mike Dunn. I'm not saying he's stupid, or that he doesn't know what he's talking about, I just think he lacks some of the hands-on crew member experience Mike had so it makes it a little more difficult to explain some of the more technical aspects of the cars and how they function. It feels like its second hand information when he says it - like he's remembering how a crew chief explained it to him rather than having actually done it himself. Does that make sense? Anybody else feel that way?

The issue that I see with showing the Sportsman winners in the Winner's Circle, is that if you show them here, there would be no point in having their own TV production. They are two different racing series, and they each have their own show.

I only saw bits and pieces of the Pomona live, and then again on the replay and I echoed some of the same thoughts....good...better...but needs some improvement....and I thought yesterday's show was muuuuuucccchhhh better. I am not a big TP guy but he did much better, Bruno was really good and I love the winners circle. Kinda wish they would pull the sportsman into that if they are going to say "all winners".

I was very impressed with Leah's interview at the top end and in the winners circle. And what I thought was a classy move by Leah was that she thanked a lot of people who helped get her here....from early on...very happy to see her mention the Dotes as part of that list...who she ran with last year.
Kind of thought it was cool right at the very end you see Wilkerson and Line poured their MY on her head ... kind of like a "welcome to the club" sort of thing. That makes for good TV !!

I thought Sunday's broadcast was excellent. They seemed to work on everything that was wrong with the Winternationals coverage. Will only keep getting better from here.
I agree Sunday was good i wish they would start with Allegiance to our Flag and prayer at the beginning. I was totally dissatisfied with qualifying show not even close to shows we had last year.

I believe just the opposite Jesse. Sponsors and team owners should be on their way to thank NHRA/Fox. There are now side banners, inserted images on the lanes, victory circle interviews, live TV, shows that start on time and they even interviewed the CarQuest guy to the value of sponsoring a NHRA National Event. These are all value added things for the sponsors from the previous TV package.
I saved several qualifying shows from last year and watched yesterday, you saw every team car run from second round on, only part highlighted was 1st round and I'm ok with that. The show Sat showed at most 3 passes per round, thats not acceptable.

After reading the other post on here that some didn't understand my original post. I was unhappy about the qualifying show, last years show you got to see every team run each round except 1st rd which usually highlighted. This show there was 3 passes for each class per round thats it. If thats the best they can do and everyone is satisfied with that then call it what it is NHRA Qualifying Hightlights.

Let me make clear i was satisfied with Sundays show, i still think they should use prayer and Allegiance to the Flag at the start of show,

Kind of thought it was cool right at the very end you see Wilkerson and Line poured their MY on her head ... kind of like a "welcome to the club" sort of thing. That makes for good TV !!

Absolutely! And Wilkerson's comment about he was thinking if he can't beat a garbage man in a Chevy he shouldn't be out there...classic...that's the kind of stuff we need!:D Competitive raw emotion trash talkin'! (No Pun Intended).

With the "other" network...one we wouldn't have seen that...and if it was said it would have either been edited out or there would have been some retraction about being insensitive or some other line of PC bullshit.

Tell that to those sponsors paying for those rights. These graphics could be the ticket to growing the sponsor base, never know.

Like the way they put the drivers names on the bottom of the screen they could do the same with sponsors at the top of the screen. The sponsor names (logo's) on some of the graphics don't really stand out very well on the track. They also could show the sponsors in the same way they show results from other sports at the bottom of the screen (the graphics would be, and look better).

Exactly what I was referring to in my post when I mentioned I don't need to see EVERY burnout... but when there's an issue, then sure, lets see what happened.

One last thought, though unrelated to PJ's comment. I think Tony will grow on me, but I think he lacks some of the hands-on experience that we grew so accustomed to with Mike Dunn. I'm not saying he's stupid, or that he doesn't know what he's talking about, I just think he lacks some of the hands-on crew member experience Mike had so it makes it a little more difficult to explain some of the more technical aspects of the cars and how they function. It feels like its second hand information when he says it - like he's remembering how a crew chief explained it to him rather than having actually done it himself. Does that make sense? Anybody else feel that way?

I think he has hands on experience, maybe not to the level of Dunn but I thought he did.

I'm trying to give him time. He was better this time then at Pomona and I expect him to be better and better as the season progresses. I'm trying not to let my dislike for ousting Dunn and my feelings for TP as a whi....errr....driver the past few years to cloud my view. Just giving him time. I don't expect him to be an all-time great in the booth but I think he can at least be serviceable.

You say your a fan of hers,but then knock her for her belief in God,and call her a dummy...she is not the only racer that ever gave "credit" for their win to God,lots of them do it all the time,and not just the few you mentioned....guess they are all dummies too?

I guess I'm a dummy as well?

The issue that I see with showing the Sportsman winners in the Winner's Circle, is that if you show them here, there would be no point in having their own TV production. They are two different racing series, and they each have their own show.
The sportsman do not have a show when the alcohol cars and dragsters are not racing at the national event.

Bob;
There are plenty of pagans winning drag races. You don't have to rag on the ones that know that they know.

In my humble opinion the Broadcasts are going to be on the par with the ESPN coverage after a few more races. I kinda think they should duplicate the "On-Screen" data fields like ESPN did, as they were easier to read. I don't care to be squinting and looking all over the screen for the reaction times and such. I am really surprised at how well the new broadcasting group coalesced into a very professional team.
John L. Capps Sr.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back