Whats the hurry FS1 (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
Man they didnt spend any time hardly on 1st and 2nd rds again. Thought it would be diffrent with it not being live. What do they have against showing burnouts and giving teams/sponsors exposure. I guess instead they want to talk more than show racing. Makes no sense. Maybe they are trying to get more people to buy all access? Not selling me on it that way. If anything makes me not want it even more. Less talking and more racing fs1. I want to watch racing not hear people talk about it.

Last edited:
Shows like today could've been 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Lots of filler after the lightning rounds. Live shows, I understand the 3 hours, especially with PSM in the coverage.

But I watched it anyways, and liked it. Because I love drag racing.

This Houston race is the first chance I've had to watch a complete FS1/NHRA broadcast start to finish.

I'm really enjoying that it starts when they said it would.

However, it does feel rushed. Sponsor logos are getting little coverage.. If I were a sponsor or a team owner, I'd be pissed and taking that up with the powers that be.

Also, I still cannot read the miniscule font graphics of the MPH and ET info. Is it just me or is Tony P shouting too much?

Otherwise, I'm thankful for what we do have.

This Houston race is the first chance I've had to watch a complete FS1/NHRA broadcast start to finish.

I'm really enjoying that it starts when they said it would.

However, it does feel rushed. Sponsor logos are getting little coverage.. If I were a sponsor or a team owner, I'd be pissed and taking that up with the powers that be.

Also, I still cannot read the miniscule font graphics of the MPH and ET info. Is it just me or is Tony P shouting too much?

Otherwise, I'm thankful for what we do have.
I think tony is doing good! Reiff also. Just way to much talking,reminds of boring pre race ceromonies lol. Wish they were consistant with the stage lights,sometimes they are there and sometimes they come on when half the race is over

it was rushed to get the race in before the rain came.... Top Fuel final ran in a drizzle....at least that's how it appeared

I liked it when they would go straight into first round when it came on. Starts too slow now

Last edited:
Man they didnt spend any time hardly on 1st and 2nd rds again. Thought it would be diffrent with it not being live. What do they have against showing burnouts and giving teams/sponsors exposure. I guess instead they want to talk more than show racing. Makes no sense. Maybe they are trying to get more people to buy all access? Not selling me on it that way. If anything makes me not want it even more. Less talking and more racing fs1. I want to watch racing not hear people talk about it.

Ratings continue to improve.....somethings working!

They need some people that know about the history of drag racing to edit some of the taped stuff. Brian Husen talking about working for Cory Mac and they showed a picture of Ed McCulloch. Then that new chick totally butchered Kenji Okazaki's name, no excuse for it with NHRA producing the shows. The ONLY thing better right now is the time slots.

They need some people that know about the history of drag racing to edit some of the taped stuff. Brian Husen talking about working for Cory Mac and they showed a picture of Ed McCulloch. Then that new chick totally butchered Kenji Okazaki's name, no excuse for it with NHRA producing the shows. The ONLY thing better right now is the time slots.
I agree paul,the brian husen story about the milk truck was great tho!

Espn showed about 30 min of top fuel and fc each and then about 15 min of ps,psb. Tf is over in about 6 min or so in 1st round. Same with fc. Im starting to miss espn except for the start times. They keep saying all access is doing great but yet they advertise it to death. And its still 99.95 even tho we are 5 races in.

Also, I still cannot read the minuscule font graphics of the MPH and ET info.

I agree. Seems like they improved it with the last race and then with Houston they went back to a font that is very hard to read. Come on NHRA...is this so hard to fix? Apparently you expect us to read stuff as you have advertising EVERYWHERE on the screen (sponsor's names on the lanes, finish line, etc). How about making the important info, the MPH & ET, readable? Not much to ask for.

I agree. Seems like they improved it with the last race and then with Houston they went back to a font that is very hard to read. Come on NHRA...is this so hard to fix? Apparently you expect us to read stuff as you have advertising EVERYWHERE on the screen (sponsor's names on the lanes, finish line, etc). How about making the important info, the MPH & ET, readable? Not much to ask for.
Show the sponsors the proper way,on the cars while they are dojng burnouts and racing,not talking in the booth

Show the sponsors the proper way,on the cars while they are doing burnouts and racing,not talking in the booth

If there is not enough air time of the cars themselves, the sponsors might just use their advertising dollars to buy "space" on the track instead of on the cars. This should be a big concern to the car owners.

other than more hand held cameras around starting line and maybe a unique view from the track, i fail to understand why
nhra can not copy everything espn did so well.....easy to read fonts, very sharp (not pixeled) slow motion camera work,
reaction times, stage/prestage. this stuff is drag racing 101 and so far it's still lacking. have maybe seen 2.5 of 6 races, but did
catch pomona and then parts of zmax and parts of houston. the starting point for the new production should be at least where espn
left off, not less than espn. please do not take 1 whole year just to get back to the quality of where you already were.
(not talking about the announcers/interterviews/call of the racing, only referring to the technical pictures/information we view)

What irritates me is when FS1 puts their chyron right across the graphics at the bottom of the screen! How much HP does Tony Schumacher's car make? I might not ever know because the number at the bottom of the screen was blocked by their damn chyron!

other than more hand held cameras around starting line and maybe a unique view from the track, i fail to understand why
nhra can not copy everything espn did so well.....easy to read fonts, very sharp (not pixeled) slow motion camera work,
reaction times, stage/prestage. this stuff is drag racing 101 and so far it's still lacking. have maybe seen 2.5 of 6 races, but did
catch pomona and then parts of zmax and parts of houston. the starting point for the new production should be at least where espn
left off, not less than espn. please do not take 1 whole year just to get back to the quality of where you already were.
(not talking about the announcers/interterviews/call of the racing, only referring to the technical pictures/information we view)

I agree. I liked the way ESPN presented their program. The ONLY thing I didn't like is when it didn't come on when they said it would. I know the south central LA double dutch jump rope finals is important to some but come on.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back