Thoughts on Nostalgia FCs (1 Viewer)

Darryl,
That white refrigerator of his would look awful good in black w/pop in the tank. A 1971 Monte Carlo would be a real cool sleeper for N/FC.

The Sundance is one of my favorite cars of all time then and now. It was the replica that opened my eyes to the nostalgia funny cars.

Sadly I think the replica crashed. The good news is that Twig Ziegler emailed last night and said his new Pizza Haven is going to be done in 60 days!

Rich, that is exciting news, I always liked Twig's cars growing up. As far as you guys teasing Randy, I predict as this deal gains momentum, more alky guys will follow Bucky's lead and go nostalgia nitro racing. I love the alky cars, but having been involved with a top tier team in the past, I know what kind of budgets it takes to be a hitter in TAFC & TAD.

Darryl,
That white refrigerator of his would look awful good in black w/pop in the tank. A 1971 Monte Carlo would be a real cool sleeper for N/FC.

Are you kidding me? Those nostalgia FC's are getting to be like belly buttons. Everybody's got one or two (my pal Plueger).

Reminds me of the lyrics from a Jackson Brown song: "And the Veteran's dream of the fight, fast asleep at the traffic light..."

Here comes the real flames: :eek:

My old FC just about qualifies as a nostaligia FC. By the way, what is that grafitti on the hood. *Snith* Printing?

pete_swayne.jpg

Randy,
You want an inny or an outty.
FYI, That grafitti made it to the win light before Goodwin "ALL" the time.:D

I'm tell ya, become a crowd pleasa instead of a teasa,

FUEL, FLAMES & FIBERGLASS

Feel the daaaaark side young Goodwalker...............N/FC

Randy,
You want an inny or an outty.
FYI, That grafitti made it to the win light before Goodwin "ALL" the time.:D

I'm tell ya, become a crowd pleasa instead of a teasa,

FUEL, FLAMES & FIBERGLASS

Feel the daaaaark side young Goodwalker...............N/FC

Here's a little hint for you for things to come. But it won't be a nostalgia FC:

photo46.jpg

By the way, these photos are courtesy of my pal Dave Kommel and Auto Imagery. Your number one source for racer photos and great prime rib dinners.

RG

Nunzio-
When you look at guys like Bucky and Gary Turner that have been hard core alcohol racers, they spend a hell of a lot of money for small purses and a few folks in the stands at a Divisional so going Nostalgia Nitro racing? They probably spend just as much but get a bigger bang for the buck. It makes a hell of a lot of sense for the alcohol guys that have a lot of money to begin with. I now see Jim Dunn is back with a new Fireman's Quickie more great nitro news!

It's not always the money. They really appreciate the crowd support and having fun without being second class citizens on the "TOUR"
BTW, They all put on a fantastic show over the weekend.

RG,
1 picture from Irwindale

1 picture from THE COUNTY

Not Uncle Steve or Lil John, so no one over 65:p

He or she must live in socal

Are they currently driving another car?

I was bumed that at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana had to move the Nostalgia fuel cars from the April Heritage race to the Sept race, due to being required to have a sound wall. For those of you who do not live out this way, it is hotter than hell in Sept out in Fontana. I hope they also have their lights up by then, and make it a night race.

I was bumed that at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana had to move the Nostalgia fuel cars from the April Heritage race to the Sept race, due to being required to have a sound wall. For those of you who do not live out this way, it is hotter than hell in Sept out in Fontana. I hope they also have their lights up by then, and make it a night race.

so it will be September? I kept finding info for both dates...

I agree the weather in April is better than September, but I couldn't make it out in April and I can in September so that's good for me...it also moves it away from the Long Beach Grand Prix, not there is probably much cross-over between road racing fans and nostalgia drag racing fans...

and can I give a "hell ya" to the thought of it being a night race in September :D

Nostalgia funny car is the best thing happening in nitro racing today. Let's hope they keep a tight reign on it so it doesn't go the way top fuel did.

Top fuel became Newstalgia top fuel, with their super stock tires, phone booth cockpits, and huge canard wings.

If they had a real nostalgia top fuel class, it wold be as huge as the funny car deal.

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back