32 Funny Cars (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I just read over at DRO that the Agent is reporting 32 Nitro FCs pre-entered for the March Meet. I knew a lot of cars have been built, but I didn't realize that there were that many Nostalgia FCs out there ready to compete. I'm a fan of the "big show", but 32 Nitro FCs running high 5's & low 6's with a lot of cackle sounds like a fantastic show. 16 TF cars entered as well. Oh how I hate living on the east coast sometimes...

Yup, should be a great show. I'm going all three days for sure. This being the 50th, there are many people talking about making this one for sure. This may be the last time some of the greats are around. We have lost to many already and time is promised to no one. Be there or be square. :D

And good luck to Randy and Justin to make the field...
We are pulling for you guys...
dang, my last March Meet was '73:(

d'kid

And good luck to Randy and Justin to make the field...
We are pulling for you guys...
dang, my last March Meet was '73:(

d'kid

76 for me Karl.:D
img103.jpg

wow, what a show that will be.
wish i could attend. i think i'd rather see that than
a nat. event.

With all of the doom and gloom being forecasted for the NHRA Pros, it sure looks like the Nostalgia Drag Racing is doing well. Hopefully, big money doesn't come into the Nostalgia deal and screw it up.

Dave

This will happen.... Part of the process. There are some teams now with budgets that some pro teams would love to have.

We spend our money on go fast parts, and we still can play with them even though our entire budget is eclipsed by some teams lunch budget!

.... big money doesn't come into the Nostalgia deal and screw it up.

Dave

I don’t know how accurate those numbers will turn out to be; but either way the 50th is going to be huge! The level of competition in the AA/FC A-field is going to be intense and there appears to be a good chance that the B-field will be good as well. There should be quite a few new cars that I haven’t seen before. This is my kid’s first March Meet and we will be there all three days; I’ve already schooled him on the history of Don Schumacher’s Stardust Cuda so Justin’s car will be one of the first cars we check out on Friday.

If you are any place close the 50th March Meet is a must attend I think. :cool:

Think about when was the last time you were somewhere there were 30-plus Nitro funnys and 20-plus Front engine Dragsters all in the same place!! :D

Back in the 70's they used to run 32 funny cars every year at New England Dragway in Epping N.H. It was magic. Somehow the cars seem more exciting back then, plus they looked like real cars. By the end of the day of qualifing and 5 full rounds, plus losers runnig losers, it was nitro overload. Ears ringing for days. Great to hear they still have 32 car shows.

Back in the 70's they used to run 32 funny cars every year at New England Dragway in Epping N.H. It was magic. Somehow the cars seem more exciting back then, plus they looked like real cars. By the end of the day of qualifing and 5 full rounds, plus losers runnig losers, it was nitro overload. Ears ringing for days. Great to hear they still have 32 car shows.

Amen brother!!! NED's Funnycar Nats was one of the best shows going. Sure wish the nitro nostalgia scene would come alive up here.

I don’t know how accurate those numbers will turn out to be; but either way the 50th is going to be huge! The level of competition in the AA/FC A-field is going to be intense and there appears to be a good chance that the B-field will be good as well. There should be quite a few new cars that I haven’t seen before. This is my kid’s first March Meet and we will be there all three days; I’ve already schooled him on the history of Don Schumacher’s Stardust Cuda so Justin’s car will be one of the first cars we check out on Friday.

Kevin, those numbers are accurate, straight from the horse's mouth (sorry Blake) how many Nitro Funny Cars will show up and make a full qualifying pass is a completely different thing. There were 22 funny cars at the 2007 CHRR, 19 made it into the staging lanes and 15 made full qualifying passes.

And as a bonus, Mendy Fry will be piloting Gary Messenger's "Future Flash" Dodge Charger for the season with Donnie Couch tuning!

Kevin, those numbers are accurate, straight from the horse's mouth (sorry Blake) how many Nitro Funny Cars will show up and make a full qualifying pass is a completely different thing. There were 22 funny cars at the 2007 CHRR, 19 made it into the staging lanes and 15 made full qualifying passes.

And as a bonus, Mendy Fry will be piloting Gary Messenger's "Future Flash" Dodge Charger for the season with Donnie Couch tuning!

Thanks for the info Darr; I heard the Worshams aren't coming though; is that true? That would be a bummer; however, with or without them, this one is going to be great!

Thanks for the info Darr; I heard the Worshams aren't coming though; is that true? That would be a bummer; however, with or without them, this one is going to be great!

Saturday at the Winternationals Del said that he has a family commitment on the weekend of the March Meet, the Blue Max will not be there. It should still be quite a show with Bucky Austin running a 5.76 at Pomona and the Plueger & Gyger Mustang making it's debut! And Roland Leong tuning the Bubble-up Firebird to mid-5.80's... Take a look at Mike Adam's new paint job!

Stop by Gary Messenger's nitro funny car and say hello! :D

Last edited:
Since I am out of a Powerade TFD job this year @ least I got the NF/C.
On my way to Famoso in the morning for our first T&T since the CHRR.

Last edited:
Since I am out of a Powerade TFD job this year @ least I got the NF/C.
On my way to Famoso in the morning for our first T&T since the CHRR.

to me bein a nostalgia grunt is the way to go....alot less pressure and way more fun......except for the whole not gettin paid part :p:p:D

Sean,

Let me know how testing goes. I think Pete Jensen is coming up to test as well with the Joker car.

Good Luck!

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back