Thoughts on Nostalgia FCs (1 Viewer)

Darr,

If you run it lean enough, you can bring your own 8-flashlights with you to the top end at 230mph. ;) :D Just drive it between the flames. :p

Rapid

Darr,

If you run it lean enough, you can bring your own 8-flashlights with you to the top end at 230mph. ;) Just drive it between the flames. :p

Rapid

Sounds like following a wheelbarrow! :)

I like the way Freddie Neeley put it in Cackling Pipes, a video worth finding and buying (less than ten bucks online) if you like early 80s nitro funny cars. When they got to a segment about night racing and asked drivers' opinions? Freddie justified it by looking straight at the camera and saying "Well, you can't really see anything out of them in the daytime."

THAT'S my kind of reasoning! :)

Nunzio-
When you look at guys like Bucky and Gary Turner that have been hard core alcohol racers, they spend a hell of a lot of money for small purses and a few folks in the stands at a Divisional so going Nostalgia Nitro racing? They probably spend just as much but get a bigger bang for the buck. It makes a hell of a lot of sense for the alcohol guys that have a lot of money to begin with. I now see Jim Dunn is back with a new Fireman's Quickie more great nitro news!

I bet Bucky won more in Alky FC than he does now. I'm not sure what they pay in N/FC, but $1,700 First round and $5,000 to win would be a hell of a purse if they paid that.

I bet Bucky won more in Alky FC than he does now. I'm not sure what they pay in N/FC, but $1,700 First round and $5,000 to win would be a hell of a purse if they paid that.

I bet the majority of what he won had to come from stickers on the car, too. Not the track putting on the race that's collecting admissions.

How much does NHRA collect at a national event for super comp and how much does it pay that class back? WHILE it and the tracks are collecting spectator admissions, selling merchandise, etc, etc, etc. They can sell a Coke for four bucks but, they can't pay decent (IMO) purses.

Last edited:
My thoughts ON Nostalgia Funny Car.... HMMMMMM?:rolleyes:

I WANT ONE!:eek:! With a 70 Cuda body on it!!! PAINT IT CANDY BUTTERSCOTCH AND CALL IT THE "GREAT PUMPKIN"!

Here is whats left of the Sundance Monza From a Few years ago. I Also have the Nose at Maroney's Shop. I will Snap a Pic of that thursday.
SundanceSide.png

If you stop and think about it the one thing that makes the nostalgia funnys popular are the bodies. We can look at the car and know what body it is.

You would think by now that the big leaguers would notice this and think about what they can do with their bodies to make them more recognizable?? Oh well probably just wishful thinking......:(

Probably the most important part of this is to keep a tight rein on the body rules and don't give in to the pressure to go faster and faster and faster. Yeah I know they are racers and that is what racers do but perhaps a spec pump and a single mag will keep them were they are. I love the show as it is and going 20 mph faster and .5 second quicker will not make it any better and in fact will double the cost and shrink the field of cars....

jim

My thoughts ON Nostalgia Funny Car.... HMMMMMM?:rolleyes:

I WANT ONE!:eek:! With a 70 Cuda body on it!!! PAINT IT CANDY BUTTERSCOTCH AND CALL IT THE "GREAT PUMPKIN"!

How about a green one instead? This one is coming...

user_imageredirect.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Although I've already come up with a better name than what is on the rendering. That was a "working title".

Last edited:
Hey Bill that is sharp! Before I enlarged it it looked like one of the old Beebe FCs. When will it be ready?

If you stop and think about it the one thing that makes the nostalgia funnys popular are the bodies. We can look at the car and know what body it is.

You would think by now that the big leaguers would notice this and think about what they can do with their bodies to make them more recognizable?? Oh well probably just wishful thinking......:(

jim

The problem today is there are almost NO cars that anyone cares about anymore. Maybe the new Challenger and the soon to be Camaro. Those cars will sell themselves without advertising. Do you really care about the 4 door sedans produced by dull manufacturers with no imagination? Not me. That's the reason the nostalgia cars are so much fun...they came from FUN cars!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back