A few thoughts on Bradenton (2 Viewers)

I enjoyed the event and would go again if they hold it next year. Main complaint is lots of dead time and not following schedule. As an example, Pro Stock was supposed to start at Noon Saturday and didn't start till almost 1 with no track prep issues. Would have liked announcer to keep us informed of delay issues the way Alan keeps us informed.

I enjoyed the event and would go again if they hold it next year. Main complaint is lots of dead time and not following schedule. As an example, Pro Stock was supposed to start at Noon Saturday and didn't start till almost 1 with no track prep issues. Would have liked announcer to keep us informed of delay issues the way Alan keeps us informed.
How were the consessions? Alot? Few with big lines?

Growing up in an era where a drag racing fan like myself was lucky to get the results of an event a month or more after it happened, this event was something I only dreamed about back in the day.
Not being able to travel to Bradenton, for 40 bucks I set in my Lazy-Boy and enjoyed 3 days of drag racing. I even watched some on my phone as I set in the doctors office waiting on the wife.
How cool is that?
For that convenience I can look past the same commercials over and over, occasional buffering, downtime and that Ralph guy in the booth with Beckman.
The only thing I didn't like was the camera angle showing the scoreboard at the end of the race. With todays technology they should be able to figure out how not to show that scoreboard in the video. However, McFarland Racing got a lot of exposure from that camera angle.
It wa a great experience and I hope they do this again. I'll gladly pay if they do.
On a personal note, I'm happy for Doug Kalitta but I was pulling for Clay Millican.

And I thought the Castrol GTX Hotline was top shelf with same day results.. I spent good $$$$ to hear who won.

Was the delay due to downtime or because prior rounds weren't moving according to schedule?

Was the delay due to downtime or because prior rounds weren't moving according to schedule?
Two things: cleanups and track prep definitely took longer than the usual Safety Safari. The finished product was equally good, it just took longer to get there. And second, there were only 6 classes instead of a dozen or more at a national event. So you didn't have as many cars to run in between pro sessions, which created plenty of time with nothing happening on the track while they were turning them around.

I was there, and I had a great time! The cars were flying, top fuel versus funny car was fun, prices were reasonable, $50 for Friday and $50 for Saturday to get in, and being there for the first 340 was just the icing on the cake! I will absolutely go again if they do it again.

A few thoughts about if PRO goes back to Bradenton or any other non-national event level track:

One concession stand on each side of the track was just ridiculous. An hour plus wait to get anything is unacceptable in 2024. We brought our own food and drinks Saturday to avoid that hassle. On the pro pit side, the food and drinks lines were separate!!! So you waited for an hour or more to buy food, you then stood in line for another hour to get a drink. Just stupid.

I could not get any cell service (Verizon) at the track. There were also no WiFi options. Also unacceptable in 2024. You need people sharing on IG, TikTok, YouTube, etc to generate any type of hype or interest for any one under 35, or to generate any impression that a big event is going on. As soon as I pulled out of the track and got closer to Bradenton, my phone exploded with missed calls and texts.

Traffic was god awful getting in and out, but luckily I came early and stayed late. Not sure this is Bradenton/PRO’s fault … 2 lane road in and out. But if they do it again next year (and they absolutely SHOULD) … plan for traffic.

Again, I had a great time, it was a fun and unique event, got to see lots of friends, and I will absolutely go next year if they do it again. They just have some growing pains to sort out.

Yes the food situation needs work. Growing pains. I did start to wait in that huge line only to discover that it was for drinks only and that food was on the other side of the tent. Only 3 people in line there just before pro stock started and guess what …they have drinks in the food line too. Later, the lines were longer and I wanted a coke but there were maybe 50-100 people in line. Went to a food truck with long lines but just plucked a drink from their cooler outside the serving window and threw $5 at them ahead of the line. This all should be an easy fix in the future.

I had cell service with T-mobile but if Verizon didn’t have service, some concert events add a portable cell tower. Not sure what that costs. But agree it’s unacceptable and it’s amazing how many areas don’t have service given how much the carriers tout their coverage.

Yes, you really had to be there. How many "I was there" shirts did they sell? I was hoping Tasca had some first to 341 shirts made up.

somebody take a bow, whoever invited The Vindys, the choice was perfect. rock/r&b/horns. they rocked the place, and we only heard a handful of tunes.
1 vote to return next year. will need race, and band schedule :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back