A few thoughts on Bradenton (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
I thought it was omg awesome to have such a successful race this early.
For those worried that the sport is dead, this place was packed.
Track conditions were very good, seems not running nitro cars regularly didn’t matter.
Congrats to those who worked to put this on. Some will pick on this or that but it was a great weekend. Great weather a plus.
I like the extra runs of fuel cars that didn’t make the cut. Especially with 8 car fields.
Grubby still tinkering? Seems lost.
Austin Prock is really something. Not his first rodeo but first event in FC and takes pole and win. I hope he gets a good cut of that cash.

I thought it was omg awesome to have such a successful race this early.
For those worried that the sport is dead, this place was packed.
Track conditions were very good, seems not running nitro cars regularly didn’t matter.
Congrats to those who worked to put this on. Some will pick on this or that but it was a great weekend. Great weather a plus.
I like the extra runs of fuel cars that didn’t make the cut. Especially with 8 car fields.
Grubby still tinkering? Seems lost.
Austin Prock is really something. Not his first rodeo but first event in FC and takes pole and win. I hope he gets a good cut of that cash.
I thought it was pretty good, the sound of the cars was def better than nhratv thats for sure. I hope grubby didnt lose his touch...

Flew from Texas just to see first 340mph run. Tasca did not let us down. Also I looked at his tires after the run,they were not burned in the middle. He was hooked up all the way. A nice even pattern on both tires. Nitro crew members said they weren’t use to that much traction, National events don’t use as much glue as was used at Bradenton.
Also the place was packed! What little down time there was filled with GOOD music and not senseless banter. Also no irritating dj.
Hope this is done again,maybe even grow to 16 car fields.

wow. what a great race.

Attachments

• FAA0F4C5-32E3-4B93-8645-32CCDF6A5E00.jpeg
    FAA0F4C5-32E3-4B93-8645-32CCDF6A5E00.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
My Grandson said it took 45 min in line to get tickets Fri. Morning. He also mentioned the new gated community just down the road. I'll bet the Nitro cars didn't make any friends. Lol

Cleetus did a video a while back talking about the new developments that are being built all around the two race tracks. All potential home buyers will be notified of the race tracks existence and the noise they create on a regular basis. By buying a home in this area, they agree to NOT object to the existence of the racetracks or their permitted use.

Hear Cleetus read the conditional stipulation word for word: (the video will start at the point where Cleetus reads the stipulation, but the entire video is worth watching)

FLO really stepped their game up. I feel like they did a phenomenal job showcasing drag racing to the casual viewer. Some of those camera angles and drone shots were awesome.

Edit: I also have to say great job to Ralph Sheheen and Jack Beckman for the call and knowledge dished out. Courtney Enders for the tremendous BTS content and pit reporting, and Jamie Howe for holding it down on the top end.

Last edited:
Growing up in an era where a drag racing fan like myself was lucky to get the results of an event a month or more after it happened, this event was something I only dreamed about back in the day.
Not being able to travel to Bradenton, for 40 bucks I set in my Lazy-Boy and enjoyed 3 days of drag racing. I even watched some on my phone as I set in the doctors office waiting on the wife.
How cool is that?
For that convenience I can look past the same commercials over and over, occasional buffering, downtime and that Ralph guy in the booth with Beckman.
The only thing I didn't like was the camera angle showing the scoreboard at the end of the race. With todays technology they should be able to figure out how not to show that scoreboard in the video. However, McFarland Racing got a lot of exposure from that camera angle.
It wa a great experience and I hope they do this again. I'll gladly pay if they do.
On a personal note, I'm happy for Doug Kalitta but I was pulling for Clay Millican.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back