Does NHRA have the cart before the horse? (1 Viewer)

Yes Karl, but a lot of the youngsters don't know there was ever a Nitro Ban. They think drag racing would end, without nitro. My point was that racing went on without it before, it could, and would, do it again.

Zappy,
NITRO Racing went on Without the NHRA... Funny Car evolved despite the NHRA... A/MP evolved into PRO STOCK, which has evolved into the same funny cars on carbs the class was trying to avoid.

d'kid

Yes Karl, but a lot of the youngsters don't know there was ever a Nitro Ban. They think drag racing would end, without nitro. My point was that racing went on without it before, it could, and would, do it again.

I'm quite aware there was a nitro ban...in NHRA, but like Karl said, it didn't stop racers from running nitro.

Restrictor plates on a forced induction engine? That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

I'm wondering why they can't just slow the blower down..... maybe even underdive it if necessary? That's just a simple pulley change.

Not if the plate was put BEFORE the blower. But slowing the blower down would probably be a much better way to go. Slow it down enough and it acts as a restrictor to air flow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back