Any concert plans for the summer? (1 Viewer)

Rich

Nitro Member
Many of us here make plans to attend various drag racing events throughout the season. All these music threads got me to wondering if folks here have similar plans for the various concert tours and festivals that are held in the summer? For instance, here in Washington State there are a variety of venues that offer concerts throughout the late spring and summer months.

My musical tastes tend toward the blues. So far the only plans my wife and me have made is to attend the Mount Baker Blues Festival:

Mount Baker Blues Festival: Aug 3, 4, 5, 2007

We'd also love to attend the Winthrop Blues Festival, which is the largest blues fest in the state, but unfortunately it is held the same weekend as the NHRA Northwest Nationals - and we do have our priorities. :D

Just wondering what your summer concert plans are, if any?

Rich, there is a 5 day blues festival here in Portland every year. This year it's from July 4-8. I'm sure you'd love it. Here is a link to their site:Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival

If you plan coming down for it, you could also plan to attend the Division 6 race down in Woodburn if you need a break. :D

I read that both Bad Religion and Pennywise will be on the Warped Tour when it comes thru Portland on Aug. 19, so that might be the only show I'll see this year.

Peace,
Mike

That's outstanding! My wife and I had already made plans to attend the Division Six LODRS event at Woodburn. It's great to hear that we should be able to take in some of the Waterfront Blues Festival as well. I've never attended that particular bluesfest, though I've always wanted to. We're definitely there! Thanks very much for the imformation.

Ozzfest is free this year if that is anybodys kind of deal, they haven't announced bands yet but, ill be there, if I can get tickets.

Well down here in Houston right now we have the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo going on which is a huge month long event. This coming Wed I am taking my wife to see Rascal Flatts. I plan on going to a Charlie Daniels concert sometime this year and I am sure a few more. I will also be going to see a few comedians this year. Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Ralphie May and hopefully Rodney Carrington.

l'm going to see Toto on Tuesday night, l've never seen them in concert before. ln April l'm seeing Deep Purple for the second time, but l'm looking forward to seeing & hearing Styx, l've never seen them in concert before which is one of their support groups. Thin Lizzy is their other support group.

l'm going to see Toto on Tuesday night, l've never seen them in concert before. ln April l'm seeing Deep Purple for the second time, but l'm looking forward to seeing & hearing Styx, l've never seen them in concert before which is one of their support groups. Thin Lizzy is their other support group.

John... Let me know what you think of Thin Lizzy after you see them please...

I seen REO speedwagon last week

And just bought tickets for the Heaven and hell tour.

With DEO Megadeath and Machine head.

Tool April 27th and 28th at the Pearl at the Palms, a new venue on the Vegas scene, it'll be the first time I have seen a show there, so I am looking forward to that. I know the show will be good, it will be the third time Tool has swung thru Vegas on this tour. The Police June 15th at MGM Grand Garden.

Lets see...so far June 12th is Keith Urban and July 28th Carrie Underwood at Dixon County Fair. More will be added but its a good start...:D

Saw winger a few days ago. Actually a really cool show.
G3 in a couple of days. PAul Gilbert, Bruce Bouillet, John Petrucci and Joe Satriani. Mike Portnoy will be there as well!
After that, I think I have seen everything live that I have ever wanted to.

Just FYI, the Rascal Flatts concert tonight at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has been cancelled due to illness. I know someone from here told me there were going to but I cant remember who. And let me tell you, my wife is pissed!

Another FYI... Alan Parsons in Reno, NV (location T.B.A.) April 20 and 21st... Signing the deal today...

Just FYI, the Rascal Flatts concert tonight at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has been cancelled due to illness. I know someone from here told me there were going to but I cant remember who. And let me tell you, my wife is pissed!

With this weather.....I wouldn't have bothered to go anyway! It's storming and flooding inside the loop!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back