NHRA / FS1 (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
Wow, qualifying show was horrible, sponsors, team owners spend a lot of money to race with the elite. Their name on theses hot rods are for exposure, we maybe saw 3 passes in each pro category and they had plenty time to show them all. Team owners sponsors should be knocking down Clifford and Lightes door right about now. Who ever does the programing for NHRA should be out the door. They got 2-1/2 weeks i hope they fix it.

Man - You can't win.
FOX shows (at least, highlights) from every round for every Pro Class and folks still have something to beatch about.

nothing like the Mater.... someone always bitchin about something... be glad it wasn't an hour late or even like the one year when there was NO tv coverage..

First lf all satellite service is expensive and the show is NHRA qualifying not NHRA highlights and i watch it to see racing and want to see how everyone does each round. If your satisfied with highlights more power to you.

Bitching about bitching only on the mater.:)
I am not bitching.

Last edited:
I thought Sunday's broadcast was excellent. They seemed to work on everything that was wrong with the Winternationals coverage. Will only keep getting better from here.

I agree-good improvement. But I think they need to find someway to better balance "action action action.......downtime............action.

Show was much better, sure it will continue to get better each week. My main complaint is with fox and not the production, their online app stinks. With ESPN I could watch the race on my iPad from the beginning any time during the broadcast and pull it up later on demand. With the Fox sports app you can only watch it real time which is fairly worthless. Looking forward to see what improvements they make at the Gators!

I only caught the the latest show from the semis on, but what I saw was impressive.

Congrats to Leah on her first Wally.

They showed the final round of the stocker final, and interviewed the winner. I'm on record here as saying I never thought they'd do that, and I'm happy to report I was wrong.

They are getting better, the only thing they could do is to get rid of the graphics they use that show the start, and finish lines along with the sponsor graphics they put on the lanes when the cars are staging (the graphics look cheesey, just saying).

I only caught the the latest show from the semis on, but what I saw was impressive.

Congrats to Leah on her first Wally.

They showed the final round of the stocker final, and interviewed the winner. I'm on record here as saying I never thought they'd do that, and I'm happy to report I was wrong.
David, been a huge fan of Leah forever, smart, articulate, super competitive, but, after her first win she goes the Enders, Angell route and says God did it for her, broke my heart, says at her base she's a dummy. Devout belief in the greatest fairy tale ever told, wow.

Last edited:
Team owners sponsors should be knocking down Clifford and Lightes door right about now. Who ever does the programing for NHRA should be out the door.

I believe just the opposite Jesse. Sponsors and team owners should be on their way to thank NHRA/Fox. There are now side banners, inserted images on the lanes, victory circle interviews, live TV, shows that start on time and they even interviewed the CarQuest guy to the value of sponsoring a NHRA National Event. These are all value added things for the sponsors from the previous TV package.

I thought Sunday's telecast was a drastic improvement over the Pomona telecast. Still working out a few minor kinks, but by and large it was an enjoyable show. Still some downtime issues, but I think they're working on them. Thought it was real cool that they showed the stock final and interviewed the winner - even if they did it because of her ties with Bo Buttner. I think (read: hope) the positive feedback from showing that one race and interviewing the winner will carry over to showing all the sportsman finals... thus filling in some of that downtime.

And maybe I'm the minority, but I kinda like that they generally skip the tedious burnout process and get right to the staging & racing. Sure, I wanna see the burnout and/or backing up process if there's an issue, but I can definitely do without watching each and every burnout for every race/round.

And I think the quick, "Hi, I'm so-and-so, and this is something about me" deals are pretty cool too. It gives the racers an opportunity to say interesting things they generally wouldn't get to say during a post-race interview.

Bottom line: They worked out a lot of the issues from their first event telecast and it's obvious they care enough to keep tweaking. Kudos to FS1 & NHRA for their effort.

Would have been better if the "live" show was "live". But yes a good improvement over the last show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back