Maskin/Martino/Glidden (1 Viewer)

Any team who has all the resources that MadDog has rollin' around in his head will be successful........IF he has carte blanche with the program.

Late....................Mitch

It was not our decision, just put it like that! But things are just fine between them two. However it is just odd that all along we were trying to say it was the power that was the problem not dad. So I guess in the long run dad was right again, it was the power! Just wish they would have realized that when we were there. But things worked out best for the both of us in the end.

Again I will say Glidden is there for more than just power. I am sure a fresh eye like his will gain power but it is also car set up and team management that he has to offer. After all the car was qualifying and running good MPH sometimes and not so good others, which i would believe had more to do with set up than power. This is just my opinion for what its worth.

Again I will say Glidden is there for more than just power. I am sure a fresh eye like his will gain power but it is also car set up and team management that he has to offer. After all the car was qualifying and running good MPH sometimes and not so good others, which i would believe had more to do with set up than power. This is just my opinion for what its worth.

Honestly it was maybe here and there the setup, but honest we were making almost absolute perfect runs according to the computer graphs. There was no more that dad could do qualifying wise or raceday wise. I mean he was leaving on guys 3,4,5 hundreths and being outran because of the power scenario. At the beginning of the year we were in the top half of the field running down the back and the last half of the season that has been completed we barely were able to stay in the top 16 down the back, which has nothing to do with the setup and more so with the power. I mean they went and tested in Denver the week before the race with Martino driving and I have no clue who was calling the shots. But they were the slowest car there each day. Including being 2,3,4 mph off. I would have to say that it was more so in the power department than in the setup and I am not just saying this because my dad was making the setup calls. It's just that all the facts point to the power. And if you don't think the MAIN reason Glidden is there is to produce horsepower, your crazy!!!

Since I live in Vegas, and I am predisposed to making wagers on sporting events, I will give you 7 races! If they win a National Event in 6 races or less you win, if they win the 7th race they enter it will be a push, anything after that, I win. Name some reasonable terms and we will consider it a wager ....

At this point I dont know If I will be able to make vegas but If I do....If I lose the beers are on me all day. If you lose your buying the beer all day. :D

Well then call me crazy Dave. Apparently we have a difference of opinion, i respect yours and your fathers and I am sure you respect mine. :D

I for one was not at all surprised by the success of the Final Round appearance by this team yesterday.

I wouldn't call myself a Glidden fan, but there is something to Tom Martino - maybe just every car he sits in on Sunday has success?
What is it? 3 races this year - 3 final round appearances, and 1 event win?
Last year wasn't much different for the guy.

This year Martino is two final rounds and 1 DNQ in three events. Last year he was 1 for 1. That is an extremely talented team - unless they implode, they will be very successful.

great combination

This trio will win a race soon. Engine program in place with Glidden and Tom Martino putting their heads together. Great team. With pressure of not having another car to mess with Bob should excell. You have to remember you have 3 really great engine builders on one team. Then throw in Tom into drive..Wow . They are going to be a force.
I am a Mopar fan and can't understand why Shoe didn't get tom into one of his cars is beyond me. Nothing against Nickens at all but Bob and Tom are going to be a win win combo.

Boy, that sure didn't take long! If they can keep this up, life could get a lot tougher for the rest of the pro-stock field. I'm guessing the rest of the teams weren't all that happy to hear of this team being formed.

Boy, that sure didn't take long! If they can keep this up, life could get a lot tougher for the rest of the pro-stock field. I'm guessing the rest of the teams weren't all that happy to hear of this team being formed.

Yeah, they weren't to happy to hear it, I wonder how they feel now that they have seen it!

(68cuda)

This team should be very successful... I can see Bob being much more comfortable with a driver such as Martino, who knows how to build his own engines & is excellent on the set-up....

And as far as Rickie Smith goes, I'd rather see him killin 'em in his nos promod car anyway!!! But thats just me!!

Honestly it was maybe here and there the setup, but honest we were making almost absolute perfect runs according to the computer graphs. There was no more that dad could do qualifying wise or raceday wise. I mean he was leaving on guys 3,4,5 hundreths and being outran because of the power scenario. At the beginning of the year we were in the top half of the field running down the back and the last half of the season that has been completed we barely were able to stay in the top 16 down the back, which has nothing to do with the setup and more so with the power. I mean they went and tested in Denver the week before the race with Martino driving and I have no clue who was calling the shots. But they were the slowest car there each day. Including being 2,3,4 mph off. I would have to say that it was more so in the power department than in the setup and I am not just saying this because my dad was making the setup calls. It's just that all the facts point to the power. And if you don't think the MAIN reason Glidden is there is to produce horsepower, your crazy!!!

it would be nice to hear it from the man who drove and setup the car, your dad is a great driver but there must have been something amiss if they made that big of an improvement in such a short time. all teams get lost sometime or another it happens to the best, some work thru it others go the route of your dad and leave. its great to have him back in pro-mod!!!

it would be nice to hear it from the man who drove and setup the car, your dad is a great driver but there must have been something amiss if they made that big of an improvement in such a short time. all teams get lost sometime or another it happens to the best, some work thru it others go the route of your dad and leave. its great to have him back in pro-mod!!!

They called dad before they went to Seattle and said that they had found a lot of horsepower so we knew they would do well. It's all about POWER! And my dad didn't leave, he was told to leave. But in the end it was all for the best! They have a great combo over there and they will do well. As for dad you never know where he might be next. He is having a great time racing Pro Mod, but he is still keeping some options open.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back