Martino's comments on KJ. (1 Viewer)

Ok, let me ask all you WJ fans out there a question?
When the whole nitrous thing went down how good was WJ?
I can answer that, he was either the fastest or right behind Alderman and Geoffrion at that time. They were pretty close though either way. And tons of teams were using Nitrous, thats a fact and we all know it.
So here's my question, if Darrell and Scott and Eckman and the rest of the field was using Nitrous, then how could good ole boy' WJ hang with them???
If you figure it out let me know. I am not saying he doesnt work hard, or even harder than most, but come on people, just think about it.

When you 'imply' something, you don't need to 'say' it.

Ok, let me ask all you WJ fans out there a question?
When the whole nitrous thing went down how good was WJ?
I can answer that, he was either the fastest or right behind Alderman and Geoffrion at that time. They were pretty close though either way. And tons of teams were using Nitrous, thats a fact and we all know it.
So here's my question, if Darrell and Scott and Eckman and the rest of the field was using Nitrous, then how could good ole boy' WJ hang with them???
If you figure it out let me know. I am not saying he doesnt work hard, or even harder than most, but come on people, just think about it.

You're out of your "League" with that comment.I guess Bob Glidden used n2o with your reasoning. You need to come back with something better than that.As far as clarification goes about the SSR name,they have been given whatever they need to win,sure they have to put it to use but they have bought alot of developement that others have had to work for.Is there a law/rule against it? no there isn't but when you have the backing they have,KB and then Summit,I would say they have the largest sponsorship in P/S. I'll tell you something else,they have had more bad runs this year than the previous three,got any ideas why?

Remember this,The Wayne County fires came out of the hood scoop,WJ's came out of the headers,got that?

I love it, KJ is one of my all time favorites, works his butt off.

How many can remember his 1st year out there, he wrecked his first car he drove. Warren said, he can go find his own car, I'm not going to give him another one. Then he started driving for another team and wrecked that car. Wow, he learned fast though, went on to win the next season!

Oh, and the "silver spoon racing" guys didn't earn it racing? :rolleyes:
Where, just where did Buzzz mention the Silver Spoon boys? You'll notice that nowhere in my comments about KJs life in the shop did I mention KB's benefactors either, yet you feel the need to "IMPLY" they were needing to be defended while we touted KJ's work ethic?

Jackee, it sure seems your dislike for WJ and anything associated far eclipses anyone else's love for them.

You're out of your "League" with that comment.I guess Bob Glidden used n2o with your reasoning. ?

When everyone started using nitrous, Bob couldnt even qualify. You dont go from being a 10 time champ to not being able to find your butt for no reason. He went from contender to pretender overnight. If I remember correctly, wasnt he the one that told NHRA how there where getting away with it. I could be wrong but I believe that I read that somewhere. I'm not saying that every driver is clean, I am sure Glidden skirted the rules on many things, thats what champions and innovaters do. And I'm not saying WJ used nitrous, b/c I dont know, but I just cant understand how if they were all using it, if he wasnt, then how could he outrun them? He surely didnt have that much of a power advantage. Not to mention the fact that he ran a 6.92, 6.93 at Houston the year of all that corruption and when all that came out, it took them over 2 years to break the national record again. Go figure.

Jackee, it sure seems your dislike for WJ and anything associated far eclipses anyone else's love for them.

Now there you go again. How many times do I have to tell you I DON'T DISLIKE OR HATE WJ. I simply lost respect for him back when we were competitors, as did many of the other Pro Stock racers during that time. What part of that is so difficult for you to understand, that you insist upon putting words in my mouth?

But hey! Who am I to have an opinion based on experience? Geez, get over it.... please!

Actually, I value your opinion (especially political) but just felt the need to express how your WJ feelings always seem to come across as adversarial.
I still love you!
We'll probably have differences forever, though.

Wow, people really get defensive around here.
Just stated that when he wins his championship, it will be earned. Not one person in our sport will say he did not earn it. Not even you.
You implied all the rest. You implied the Silver Spoon deal. You even implied it was only in relation to pro stock. What if I was talking about black box Jeg, or Yates, or Force, or Shoe, or Jim Hughes, or Richardson, or Shultz, or Bernstien, or Floyd Landis, or . . .
(Kinda cute how that worked.)
You hate WJ. Big deal. I used to not like him much. Then I met him and spent a few hours with him. My mind really changed. I like the guy, but you can dislike him if you wish. It is your perrogative.
So, I guess lets either get back to the original post, or get to another WJ -vs- whomever, pointless fight, or one more 'traction control in pro stock' argument.

As I sit back with my popcorn & continue to read, I find it amusing how effortlessly everyone uses Martino's "Silver Spoon Racing" moniker. It's like you say SSR & everyone immediately knows who you're refering to. lol I guess it just naturally flows off the tongue.:D :eek:

disclaimer:I'm not bashing GA & Line (not my favs, but they're cool.):)

I'll match your 'couple of hours' talking with him with our years of experience actually competing with him. Or maybe you go back to the beginning of Pro Stock, and can speak to that time frame too.

Did you take psych 101? Do you know what the term 'projection' means?
I think you've got a little of that going on. ;)

The WJ fan club just gets so defensive. Automatically, if someone is not of the same adoring opinion of the guy, they must "hate" him. You really should stop reading stuff that isn't there into someone else's comments.

Rant all you wish. It's obvious you don't want to understand .

Go KJ!

(or Anyone else who wins the championship...they've earned it in spite of what you think.)

Well, with the rule changes, this may be the last year for earning the championship anyway.

I thought we were talking about Martino and something he said about KJ?
confused-smiley-013.gif

As I sit back with my popcorn & continue to read, I find it amusing how effortlessly everyone uses Martino's "Silver Spoon Racing" moniker. It's like you say SSR & everyone immediately knows who you're refering to. lol I guess it just naturally flows off the tongue.:D :eek:

disclaimer:I'm not bashing GA & Line (not my favs, but they're cool.):)

Excuse me Sir,the SSR didn't come from Martino,that came from me and I want total credit for it too.If you thought I was quoteing Martino,I'm sorry but I would have put it in " " if I were.I'm new to this board and I'm sure enjoying it.:rolleyes:

Excuse me Sir,the SSR didn't come from Martino,that came from me and I want total credit for it too.If you thought I was quoteing Martino,I'm sorry but I would have put it in " " if I were.I'm new to this board and I'm sure enjoying it.:rolleyes:

Like I was saying..."Mike Richards' SSR moniker..."

I'll match your 'couple of hours' talking with him with our years of experience actually competing with him. Or maybe you go back to the beginning of Pro Stock, and can speak to that time frame too.

Did you take psych 101? Do you know what the term 'projection' means?
I think you've got a little of that going on. ;)

The WJ fan club just gets so defensive. Automatically, if someone is not of the same adoring opinion of the guy, they must "hate" him. You really should stop reading stuff that isn't there into someone else's comments.

Rant all you wish. It's obvious you don't want to understand .

Go KJ!

(or Anyone else who wins the championship...they've earned it in spite of what you think.)

Well, with the rule changes, this may be the last year for earning the championship anyway.

You are the first to jump WJ when the opportunity arises then you jump people for the same thing,typical double standards. This thread was about Martino's comments on KJ,then somebody accused WJ of cheating,he was defended by his friends and you turn it into a "typical WJ fans" deal. I asked WJ about you and he said you were a very nice person,nothing but good things he said about you.:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back