Martino's comments on KJ. (1 Viewer)

chop

Nitro Member
In the latest Dragster,Martino says that he thinks KJ is the best driver as a whole in P/S but has bad raceday luck.If this ever turns in his favor,he's going to win that elusive P/S Championship that's been the only thing he hasn't won.KJ has ice in his veins,nothing fazes him and right now,he's got the only horse that can run with Silver Spoon Racing.Martino gave props to Connolly as a leaver but as you saw yesterday,he is prone to redlight when he knows he's @ a ET disavantage.When you try to cut that .000 light everytime you go to the line,it's going to bite you @ times.I thought Connolly had a shot @ catching SSR but it looks like that's not going to happen. The advantage that SSR has had is closing every year,maybe next year it will be gone.:eek:

HI:)
There is little doubt KJ is one of the best out there. Given his lifelong experience with Pro Stock (helps when dad is WJ) he knows all aspects of the car's, from tuning/maintenance to driving and everything in between.
He always seems humble and respectful to his peers and fans.

As for the "Silver Spoon Racing" comment, while somewhat funny, is an unfair statement.
Does Greg Anderson's team have a larger race budget than the rest? I don't know, maybe.
Is he one of the top 3 or 4 in terms of budget? probably.
But if you take DSR as an example, given that their funding would be quite substantial, it does not lead to race wins/championships alone.
I know it has been said many times before, but hard work, funding, experience and a little luck is what it takes to succeed, lets hope KJ can get some of that luck.
Thanks JP:D

Last edited:

As for the "Silver Spoon Racing" comment, while somewhat funny, is an unfair statement. Does Greg Anderson's team have a larger race budget than the rest? I don't know, maybe.

Don't worry John. If & when KJ puts together a string of championships, someone will come up with another 'somewhat funny' name for him & his team. ;)

KJ is the best driver currently racing to have never won a championship. Doug Kalitta's in that class as well, but hopefully not for long.

Before it's all said and done, I think KJ will have several championships-----he's the man.

Don't worry John. If & when KJ puts together a string of championships, someone will come up with another 'somewhat funny' name for him & his team. ;)

Jackee, while I reluctantly agree with you, it is a sad indictment of us when it does happen.:(
Thanks JP:D

KJ has ice in his veins,nothing fazes him and right now,he's got the only horse that can run with Silver Spoon Racing. I thought Connolly had a shot @ catching SSR but it looks like that's not going to happen. The advantage that SSR has had is closing every year,maybe next year it will be gone

One can hope, eh?:p
Give that man "Harrumph!":D

You guys can say all you want about Silver Spoon Racing, but GA and Jason can both drive the wheels off a pro stocker. Not saying they are the best but they arent that far behind. And to be honest, GA's been having an off year, and thats the only reason that the championship is still up for grabs. I know that the rest of the teams have closed in some performance wise, but SSR still has a decent horsepower advantage over the rest of the them.

You guys can say all you want about Silver Spoon Racing, but GA and Jason can both drive the wheels off a pro stocker. Not saying they are the best but they arent that far behind. And to be honest, GA's been having an off year, and thats the only reason that the championship is still up for grabs. I know that the rest of the teams have closed in some performance wise, but SSR still has a decent horsepower advantage over the rest of the them.

And as history has shown, when the others 'catch up', they just regroup, spend more hours in the shop, pull something out of the hat and leap ahead. But I guess that's not earning it racing. ;)

When someone who has spent more of their life, hands-on in the shop building their own Pro Stock cars than KJ has comes around, then they can take the title "Earned it Racing." Until then, they will be stuck with the moniker that defines their method of reaching the top - whatever that is.

Oh, and Jason & Greg don't spend countless hours in the shop, eh?

on second thought, never mind.... that will only start the WJ is the only 'real' drag racer stuff.

I just give credit where credit is due. Maybe when Anderson is as old as WJ, he'll be a 'real racer'. ;) Or, if Anderson's father was already a drag racer, he'd be a real racer like KJ. ;)

It is what it is. And it just isn't that way anymore.

I'll be right back. I'm going out to find a dead horse. :D :p

Last edited:
I am not saying that they cheated, but let's see the super duper ignition box was removed because of their "controlling" capabilities, exotic metals have been outlawed... If they weren't cheating, they sure spent some serious cash to be so fast and consistant.

Ricky Schroder for 2006 Pro Stock Champ...

Justin Levitte - Proud "Earned It Racing" Fan Club Member

I am not saying that they cheated, but let's see the super duper ignition box was removed because of their "controlling" capabilities, exotic metals have been outlawed... If they weren't cheating, they sure spent some serious cash to be so fast and consistant.

Ricky Schroder for 2006 Pro Stock Champ...

Justin Levitte - Proud "Earned It Racing" Fan Club Member

Oh Brother! :rolleyes:

Let me see, it's been a long time, but I think I still remember how it goes. If there is no rule against something, I think you can use it. That's how technology advances. You can rest assured that NHRA will MAKE a rule about it though if they deem it necessary.

Oh, of course, they have to be cheating! (It must be a coincidence that the Warren Almighty fan club are usually the folks saying this. ) ;) Next time you're at a race, why not stroll over to "SSR" , call them that, tell them how you feel and ask them those same questions.

Believe what you want to. Nothing on God's green earth ever changes the mind of a fan club member.:D

Last edited:
Ok, let me ask all you WJ fans out there a question?
When the whole nitrous thing went down how good was WJ?
I can answer that, he was either the fastest or right behind Alderman and Geoffrion at that time. They were pretty close though either way. And tons of teams were using Nitrous, thats a fact and we all know it.
So here's my question, if Darrell and Scott and Eckman and the rest of the field was using Nitrous, then how could good ole boy' WJ hang with them???
If you figure it out let me know. I am not saying he doesnt work hard, or even harder than most, but come on people, just think about it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back