Joker asking..... (1 Viewer)

Well, Kevin,
I am bummed out a such a good guy like yourself is sidelined right now.
When I met you at Pomona, I saw how you conduct yourself, what you did for your sponsor and I gotta say: You haven't failed. In my eyes, you are a success. You competed at just about the highest level that I and many can only dream about. I really admire you and all the effort you put into your racing operation. Wish I could help out in some way. Don't forget you've got us, your buddies here on nitromater cheering for ya.

Kevin, did the X-balm folks ever give a reason for discontinueing? Or was it another "We're gonna go in a different direction" memos? If nothing else you got a chance to compete in Indy finally. Look at it this way, if you won them over you can win some other sponsor over! You must've done something right to begin with? Keep the chin up!;)

Kevin, there's a lot of companies out there and it just takes finding the right one. You have found sponsors before so why stop now? Anyone that has gone fast gets the curve balls and you have to find a way to knock them out of the park. I do it every year as some kind of trouble always seems to find me. Drag racing is that way for all of us, especially what your doing with an A/Fuel car. This is a great class that NHRA refuses to support the way they should, and the match racing just isn't there although it should be.

Here's what I would do... unless you have the creditors knocking on your door, come up with a realistic game plan to keep what you have. The season is basicly over and now's the time take inventory on what you CAN do next season. Take the next month and figure out how you can keep racing even if you don't have a sponsor. If you need to, sell your toter rig, and down size to a smaller trailer and truck while KEEPING your car. Pick out a reasonable, and modest race schedule. If you can only afford to do two or three races next year, then do that.

If that's not in the cards, down size to Top Dragster and run a low dollar blown alcohol car. Another thing you could do is sell what you have and go to a nostalgia program. One reason I have not been in a rush to go to TAD is because it takes so much money to do it and there is little return. There's little return in what I do but some how we keep going and were running in the 6 second zone consistantly now. Did I go to Vegas? can't afford it! Did I buy a big toter? can't afford it. But I'm still racing and you can too.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you don't sell out and instead down size if you need to.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back