Dumb question for the day (1 Viewer)

wilbur

Nitro Member
I know it costs an arm, and a leg, to fuel race, but here's my quandry. I saw Matt Smith asking his fans, and anyone else interested, for some monetary support for his team. I think it was just for that one race. It got me to thinking (BIG MISTAKE), if that would work with a fuel team, or even an alcohol team. I realize there is a huge money difference between the two. I mean HUGE. Maybe they could add fan support, to a large company sponser. Possibly just enough to get them over the top. Getting your name, or your sponsers name out there for just one race, can't hurt. If they go rounds, it could even lead to bigger things. Maybe it's been done before, I don't remember it happening. Any Thoughts?

I'm thinking the Lagana's tried something like this. I don' remember the specifics. There we're probably others.

I know it costs an arm, and a leg, to fuel race, but here's my quandry. I saw Matt Smith asking his fans, and anyone else interested, for some monetary support for his team. I think it was just for that one race. It got me to thinking (BIG MISTAKE), if that would work with a fuel team, or even an alcohol team. I realize there is a huge money difference between the two. I mean HUGE. Maybe they could add fan support, to a large company sponser. Possibly just enough to get them over the top. Getting your name, or your sponsers name out there for just one race, can't hurt. If they go rounds, it could even lead to bigger things. Maybe it's been done before, I don't remember it happening. Any Thoughts?
I was thinking a f/c team did that a few years ago.

iffen I remember correctly, wasn't he running some sort of contest where you'd get to be a crew member for the weekend? Can't remember the details, but I think it was the last year he ran the full schedule before being forced to park it.

Billy Glidden used to do something like that in the outlaw circles. Offered fans to sign his wing for $5, used to make some pretty decent money each race if I understand correctly.

When Matt Smith did this I was thinking the same thing. I don't see it working unless you get a bunch of venture capitalists to sign lol. But seriously I believe Vincent Arcadi (if that was his last name) used this idea. Is he around?

Urbacher did a "Fan Appreciation" by offering (selling) tickets for a wine and dine hospitality under the tent in his pit with a very nice Catered steak dinner with all the trimmings, all extra proceeds (from my understanding) were for race car necessities.....

brandon lewis (name?) who recently drives/drove an injected nitroTAD and
won for first time last year?.....a few years back when he first ran a white TAFC,
he took a lap around the zoo with a buddy asking for fan $upport.
if that's not shoe leather on the pavement trying to make the sale i don't
know what is........gave him $10, thanked him & wished good luck.

Didn't Erica Enders try selling "stock" or something several years ago when she first tried pro stock, in an effort to raise money for the team?

Didn't Erica Enders try selling "stock" or something several years ago when she first tried pro stock, in an effort to raise money for the team?

You were reading my mind Ted!!! If memory serves (& a friend who bought into it) it didn't go too well.

I looked into trying to do a 1 race deal to get some ink for nitromater some years back. The team I contacted wanted $15000.00 for a one race deal. Which isn't a bad price but I just didn't think we could raise that amount through donations. So the idea was put on the shelf....

I looked into trying to do a 1 race deal to get some ink for nitromater some years back. The team I contacted wanted $15000.00 for a one race deal. Which isn't a bad price but I just didn't think we could raise that amount through donations. So the idea was put on the shelf....

People have no clue what it costs to run a Fuel car, it boggles the mind!

People have no clue what it costs to run a Fuel car, it boggles the mind!

Even if you sell stock, sell space to sign, it's not gonna be anywhere close to what the team need unless each one was like a grand and if it was normal people would not be signing. 10 bucks a signature what's the overall take 1000 bucks if your lucky? that's nothing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back