Joker asking..... (1 Viewer)

K

Kevin Brown

I have done a lot of soul searching in the past 4 weeks and I just don't know what to do....I have thought this through long and hard and I just don't want to walk away...

Since my sponsor left I have been trying to figure out what my next move is....you see I just don't can't leave racing....ALL of my friends are there...

I have listed all of my stuff for sale....everyone wants to low ball me I'm not kidding.... .30 on the dollar low ballin.....I just can't do it...this is a stake being drivin through my heart, first having to leave racing and then losing over 200K to do it....

I'm not really the type of guy to ask...I am more the type that gives....BUT I am swallowing my pride and asking for help....if anyone out there knows of a company who would like to get involved with my team and keep us out there would you please let me know? I know that there are a lot of better teams that most here are behind so asking is a long shot to say the least but I felt compelled to ask anyway...I feel that we brought a lot to the table for the sponsors we have had in past and would love to keep bringing it for a new sponsor...

I know I'm just a sportsman racer who tries...I know I can sell and I love people, I have worked my butt off in building my operation with top level stuff, I just need a real company to back my play.....

I am sorry for asking but I just don't want this to be the death of the Joker....

Thanks for all the support everyone...

Peace, Kevin

Kevin, have a cold one and come on down. We are doing steaks on the BBQ this afternoon.:D

Now, hang in there and something will just pop up when you're not even ready.

Mike's right Kev,
You need to take a step back and remember where you were before brand X stepped up and what you did to land them. Keep yourself in a position to win and you can win. Stay focused on the daily tasks at hand and keep your name out there in the wind. One thing I've learned in life (actually from a great Sacrament Meeting talk) is that everything changes.
When it's great out, it's gonna change!
When it's gloomy and cloudy, it's gonna change!
When you think life couldn't get any better, it's gonna change!
When you couldn't possibly be any lower, it's gonna change!
Hang in there and know that we love you and something better than brand X will come your way! Have you spoken to Bill Gates? You could build a team with 4 Funny Cars, 2 Dragsters, Who knows how many Pro Stock cars & bikes (wherever they are) and be changing shirts like NASCAR drivers change hats before long. OK, maybe just a multi year A/F dragster deal.
Your friend,
Bobby

In the words of former Cincinnati Reds manager Sparky Anderson, "Every 24 hours the world turns over on somebody who thought they were on top of it." Don't give up. You're too good for that, Kevin. :)

Kevin, was any explanation givin by the Powers at be as to why they pulled out? Back at the Winter Natls. alls I heard was how Amped up they we're to be out there, and be on your car! I hope this isn't one of those "Your not winning enough for our tastes" type of sponsors! Sorry bro...:confused:

Hang in there Kevin. I'm a firm believer that good things happen to good people and I feel certain that you'll land on your feet.

Chin-up Kevin. You have nothing to be ashamed of by asking for help. I too lost my sponsor of 4 years this past month. Now I only race at the Super Street level, but they helped raise my program to where I am today. Its very hard to know what could have been, but you need to keep driving forward and make the "what could have been" into "what WILL be".
I know its tough, because you fought the good fight for almost 3 years to land something fruitful and to have it yanked.....can't even tell you how it must feel on your level.
Keep it moving forward, don't look back and you'll do just fine.

Joker, you are too good of a man to be held down for long. I am a big fan of the way you are handling this situation, instead of letting someone lowball you and walking away, you are going full steam ahead to get back in the game. Fortune favors the bold my friend. And I agree with Pete, no shame in asking for help, you will not get much in this world unless you ask. Hope to see you in Vegas soon ....

Last edited:
Hang tough Kevin....you have shown that you are not afraid of hard work or the effort it takes to get the job done. Now the job has just changed a bit. Now starts the challenge of marketing yourself and your proven abilities. There is something out there for you....go get it!

Jokers dead.....

Well, thank you all for the support.....but the death of the joker is complete....I had one deal (that a mater hooked me up on) that fell through....so I feel that the race world and sponsor world alike does not want me out there....that said....I am done....I know when to fold my hand thats for sure...although I am not a quitter I just can't keep the dream alive any longer...

THANK YOU ALL! for you will be the ones I will miss the most....

Peace, Kevin Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you're sounding like you are ready to run for public office? Every day brings new adventures. Keep positive and keep your eyes open for the opportunities out there. There's no failure until you quit!

There's no failure until you quit!

Well, it appears that I'm a failure then.....Bobby thank you always from my heart for the support you and your family have given me....I will always keep the faith alive! I think YOU know what I'm talking about....CTR right?

-Kev

Kevin,

I kinda know what you're going through. I certainly wasn't ready to step away when our deal ended in 2000. We worked so hard and finished #7 in TAFC and never got to wear the single digit the following year. I really can't say that I'm over that yet, but I have moved on.
The Lord works in ways we don't always understand or like - but like a good parent He gives us/or withholds from us what we need or don't need.
Sometimes we go through a "death of a vision" where there seems to be no way for it to happen and it is at that time when the miracle happens.
I Timothy 6:17.

Russ

Well, it appears that I'm a failure then.....Bobby thank you always from my heart for the support you and your family have given me....I will always keep the faith alive! I think YOU know what I'm talking about....CTR right?

-Kev

Man... I really feel for you Kevin. Hang tough!!!

Man, that sucks! I sure wish I had some money to throw your way. :(

Russ, I hear ya......

Jay, it is what it is....Thanks

Kel......why throw good money after bad? LOL thanks tho....

You know something? There are better racers out there that deserve a deal more than I do.....hopefully they get it.....real tough gig..

See ya everybody.....

Kevin

I don't care what the "hardliners" say about it Kevin.
Racing isn't life! It's just some of the expensive sugar coating.

Chin Up Kevin. Dont sell all your stuff just yet. Well unless its on a bank note that I guess you hafta sell it. From what I hear The economy is pulling back. It's Cyclical. Be patient and hang back for a season. And dont be so hard on yourself. With the effort you gave to XBalm you are a sponsors dream. And no your not a failure. You beat Hillery once right? And didn't you run in the thirties? Nope not a failure. And that Idea you had for the pit signs? Racers took your advice and they are out there in the pits, At least on the east coast. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back