Thanks to everyone from Joker Race Wear (1 Viewer)

I have been looking on ebay and Craigslist, but the more eyes looking for this stuff the better. I just don't know how they think they are going to get rid of the stuff. I personally know every person in Oregon that has bought my products, and I haven't sold any product in the town that I live in. The only people that have product here are myself and my neighbors across the street. They also must not know the power of the racing community and that we look out for each other. Thanks again to everyone for your support in this time.

Well, Home Owners is only going to pay $2,500 because it was business property and not personal. So, at this point I don't know where I stand with Joker Race Wear. I might be back next season or I might be working my ass off somewhere to recoup the loss, or I just might take the check and check out. This was just such a big part of me and what I did. Right now I don't have much motivation to continue. The racers have been great and I thank you guys again. I am finding posts all over the web about this from racers who have taken it apon themselves to help spread the word. It just really sucks that this happened.

Well, Home Owners is only going to pay $2,500 because it was business property and not personal. So, at this point I don't know where I stand with Joker Race Wear. I might be back next season or I might be working my ass off somewhere to recoup the loss, or I just might take the check and check out. This was just such a big part of me and what I did. Right now I don't have much motivation to continue. The racers have been great and I thank you guys again. I am finding posts all over the web about this from racers who have taken it apon themselves to help spread the word. It just really sucks that this happened.

Man, I wish there was something I could do to help you get going again. I hate the fact that thieves have destroyed your motivation. You are right, it does suck. Nobody should have their dream stolen from them, literally.

I hope they find the thieves dead, bloody carcass in some back alley. Wearing one of your shirts, with a bullet hole right through the heart.

Well........is there any Maters out there that would like to form a partnership with John? The t-shirt biz is pretty good! Ya always gotta have a t-shirt, right?

I sent e-mails to the local paper and TV stations, no responce yet. I am going to call them this week and see if that gets a better response.

I am looking into buying a true vending trailer because it will actually have locks and not a place for pad locks. I am using a 5'x8' utility trailer now and it was packed. I was just at the point of out gorwing it anyhow. I am looking at a Pace Midway MW720TA2, so if you know any Pace dealers that would be willing to work a deal, let me know. (http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers/midway/tag/#specInfo)

I will be back, just don't know when yet. I will be looking to go to work for someone to earn the money to reprint and return. This is what I did for an income. Problem is, I have a ton of stuff scheduled to the end of the year and won't be able to start until January. I was my own boss and I could take days off, a new boss might not be happy with me taking as much time off as I have schedule now.

Last edited:
Hi John!
I am so sorry to hear about what happened. I was forwarded your link on nitromater, and wanted to let you know that we had a similar situation a few years ago. Someone cut off our locks to our trailer, and stole everything in it. We had just received in a new shipment of merchandise that was not even inventoried in yet. Luckily, our motorcycle jerseys were not in yet. The cops came out and took fingerprints, kept the locks for dna, and took a report - but, as you can imagine - nothing every came of it. Our insurance would not cover it, because we only had liability coverage, no product coverage. We had to basically start all over. So, I can completely relate to your situation.
My husband is co-crew chief to Doug Herbert, along with Keith Stewart. So, I am tied in pretty tight with the drag racing community, and am doing my best to rebuild Team Dirty Girls, with his help. If there is anything that I can do to help you out, please let me know. I will also post anything that you would like on our myspace, and on my husband's myspace.
Thank You!

Terri L. Tolmack-Poynter
Team Dirty Girls, Inc.
Team Dirty Girls Racing
Girls Love Dirt

[email protected]
www.teamdirtygirls.com

I really have to thank you guys again. Though this whole thing, I am getting tons of support and I am actually making some new friends. Looks like when I finally do make it back out, I will be better off than before. You guys have no idea how much your kind words and encouragement has meant to me.

Thank you.

Update? John, hello? Can you hear me? Hello?

Clear out your mail in box. It rejects everything I send.

Well, here is the update:

Well, we finished the inventory and we lost $24,829 in product. I wasn't to far off for just estimating. My home owners is only going to cover $2,500 because it was business property and not personal. I will be seeking full time employment in January to pay for the reprinting and to pay for a new vending trailer. I got a quote on a Pace Midway and it is going to run $12,000 for what I am looking for. I had my other trailer stuffed and needed more room, but this is not how I wanted to make the move to a bigger trailer. We have no leads and have been posting stuff all over the web as well as posters all over town. We have tons of people all over the state on the lookout for the stuff. Right now we are proceeding as if the stuff is gone for good and they will never be caught.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support. I will be in Bakersfield next weekend (weekend after the divisional) to help run Nor Cal Top Dragster and then I will be at the divisional in Medford on the Saturday. I would love to meet any and all of you. Oh, and mail box has been cleared, send away.

Glad you have a plan, John.

I have a feeling you'll be back better than ever..and that makes me happy. :D

sorry for your loses!!
I hope that they find them..
and like the other guy already said,
Glad you have a plan.
Keep your head up,something might pop up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back