Rodger Brogdon Memphis Pre race (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Houston, TX) As the NHRA Full Throttle tour rolls in Memphis Tennessee for this weeks running of the O’Reilly MidSouth Nationals, Rodger Brogdon and the Charter Communications /Attitude Apparel team ready themselves for their third race in three weeks, and look to continue their recent run of success.

Since suffering a tough second round loss at the U.S. Nationals, the team has responded with solid performances at events in North Carolina and Texas and find themselves poised to take a run at the winners circle at Memphis Motorsports Park this weekend. With the way the teams Pontiac GXP has been performing, Rodger and the entire team are anxious to get back on track.

“While the race in Dallas didn’t end as we’d hoped, we’ll count it as a good weekend anyway,” said Brogdon. “Other than the one lap with the new transmission in the car, we were pretty solid on all of our qualifying laps, and stole a first round win from Kurt (Johnson) before coming up .0007 short in the second round against Jeg (Coughlin). The DRAW auction on Saturday night was great as well and through our Attitude Apparel Company, we were able to make a solid contribution to DRAW’S annual fund raiser and have some fun with NHRA’s Bob Frey as well.”

“We donated a pair of our “Attitude, gotta have it” pants to the auction and then offered to match the selling price up to $5000.00 if Bob Frey would wear them during Sunday’s pre race festivities. Well, let me tell you that got everyone going and the $40.00 pair of pants eventually sold to funny car driver Ron Capps for $4000.00. We matched that for an $8000.00 donation to DRAW and then had fun with Frey on Sunday while he was wearing the pants. Bob Frey loves helping DRAW and we love helping out a great organization as well. I’m just glad it was Frey in those pants and not me,” Rodger added with a chuckle.

“Memphis should be a good race for us. We’ve had some good races at that track in the past and with the way we’re running right now we should be ready to give everyone a run for their money this weekend. We’ve got some new parts and pieces and are ready to go for the rest of the year. Right now, other than maybe Mike Edwards, I think we can run with any other car out there. If you compare our first half of the year to our last half, we’ve made some significant improvements and want to continue that trend these last few races. With this race and then Richmond, Las Vegas, and the Finals in Pomona, we’re looking to close out 2009 on with a winning effort.”

Be sure to follow Rodger and the Charter Communications/ Attitude Apparel team and all of the racing results for this weekend’s event and every NHRA National event on-line at Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030, and with television coverage Saturday, and Sunday on ESPN2. Check your local listings for broadcast time in your area.

Attachments

• dal sun pre 002.jpg
    dal sun pre 002.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 8
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back