Rodger Brogdon / Attitude Apparel Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Houston, TX) I-N-D-Y, four letters that seem so small, yet they represent the most prestigious stop on the NHRA Full Throttle tour. For Rodger Brogdon and the Charter Communications team, INDY represents the opportunity to make their first full season of Pro Stock competition one to remember.

“As a team, we’ve all worked hard this year and I truly believe that all the effort is beginning to payoff.” said Brogdon, “we’ve been making steady improvements, especially over the last few events, and I’m really looking forward to the opportunities that Indy represents. We’ve got a hot rod now that is showing consistently strong performance and with a solid team effort at Indy we should be able to surprise a few people.”

“We’ve raced Indy before, but it’s been with our Comp Eliminator car. So although this will be our first Indy competing in Pro Stock the aspect of competing at the NHRA’s biggest race of the year isn’t as imposing as some might think. Comp eliminator at Indy takes the quickest 64 cars to make the field and some years there have been almost twice that many trying to make the show. Then you have to work your way through six rounds of eliminations spread out over three days. In Pro Stock the quickest 16 qualify for Mondays final eliminations, and I believe this year there are going to be somewhere around 30 Pro Stock cars trying to make the show. But once you’re in the show, its four rounds of eliminations, and they all are contested on Monday. Both are tough but, at Indy, Comp might be even harder to win.”

Rodger added, “While we aren’t going to be in the Countdown for 2009, we are certainly looking forward to being involved in the final outcome and I can’t think of a better place to start mixing up the championship chase than at the premier event of the year. Tommy Utt has been focusing on getting everything he can out of our Pontiac GXP and with the time off since Reading he’s been busy getting everything dialed in and ready for Indy. We’ll get some test laps in early in the week and then head for Indy, ready for battle.”

With the recent purchase of the Attitude Apparel business from fellow racer Bart Price, Brogdon has added even more solidity to the Steve Kent owned team. “Bart wanted to sell the company so he could step away from the sport for now, and adding Attitude Apparel just helps the team become stronger,” Brogdon added. “With Charter Communications and Attitude Apparel both on the car we have a solid foundation on which to build for the 2010 Full throttle tour, and we’re looking forward to the final races of 2009 to provide us that springboard into next season”

Be sure to follow all of the racing results for this weekend’s event and every NHRA National event on-line at Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030, and with television coverage Saturday, Sunday and Monday on ESPN2. Check your local listings for broadcast time in your area

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back