Rodger Brogdon / Attitude Apparel Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Conroe, TX) Heading into the Carolinas Nationals this weekend at zMax Dragway Rodger Brogdon and the Charter Communications / Attitude Apparel team know that they are peaking at the right time of the year. And although they are not one of the ten teams in the Countdown to the Full Throttle Championship in their first full season, their race day production is bound to have a say in the final outcome.

This weekend’s second annual event will be Brogdon’s first at the new facility in competition. “With Cagnazzi’s shop so close to the track, we’ve tested here several times,” Rodger stated. “The track is unique with its four lane layout, and during our test sessions I think we’ve been down most of them at some point in time this year. The data we’ve gathered from our test sessions along with the way we’ve been running of late should give us a solid shot at going some rounds this weekend. We’ve been running well of late and I can’t think of a better time or place to start putting some round wins under our belt”

“Denver was where I think we started to turn the corner this year,” said Brogdon. “We ran the 6 second run on the mountain, and that was a huge step for this team. Seattle we fell off a bit as we fought some clutch linkage issues, but since then we’ve had a car that was capable of winning every race we’ve been in. We’ve been in some of the closest races during eliminations this year, but on the wrong side of far too many of them. Getting the win over Alan Johnson at Indy showed that we’ve got the capability and I’m looking forward to seeing our win light come on a lot more for the rest of the season.”

The race at zMax this weekend begins NHRA’s Countdown to the championship for the top 10 in the point standings who will battle for the championship during the final six events of the season and although the Charter Communications / Attitude Apparel team didn’t make the top 10 they are still looking forward to a strong close to the 2009 NHRA season. “We’ve got the final six races to continue to develop our program for next year, and we’ll be giving each race 110% of our attention. Tommy Utt and the rest of the crew have worked hard this season and the fruits of their labor are beginning to show.”

Be sure to follow all of the racing results for this weekend’s event and every NHRA National event on-line at Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030, and with television coverage Saturday and Sunday on ESPN2. Check your local listings for broadcast time in your area.

Attachments

• indy friday 006.jpg
    indy friday 006.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back