John? What's the deal?? (1 Viewer)

Back on topic, all 4 JFR cars on entry list for next Indy race.
NHRA moved all the pro entries from the Denver race to Indy 3. JFR was entered for Denver along with all the rest of the events originally scheduled on tour. Unless something has recently changed, don’t expect them at Indy3.

They had that listed on the JFR website for the last couple weeks or so if not more. I saw it when I looked up their website when all the rumors were popping up. I guess it's official today. Hopefully it's a good thing if they're bringing in some type of new sponsorships but in my opinion it's just for the JR dragster racers.

With 2 Indy races in the books no JFR employees have been seen at either race. Would expect the same for Indy 3.
John has obviously worked out something with his employees to not leak any info about JFR and not attend races. Quite a few team members on all the teams are friends with each other and talk back and forth. It's amazing how the JFR status has been able to stay quite.

My theory on why JFR is on radio silence-
The whole COVID-19 thing has become such a $h*tshow of controversy that there is no way he is going to make a public statement.
One thing I have noticed about JFR over the years is that they avoid controversial topics at all costs.

Imagine John comes out and says "We are sitting out to protect ourselves from the virus"
A whole crapton of accusations would follow, "they fell for the lies", "they are tools for the conspiracy", God knows what else people would say.
John is tough as nails but he knows not to eff around with some virus at age 71.

I'm looking forward to seeing John, and everyone else at the track when this thing has run its course.

It's purely my two cents but I don't think that JFR is being silent due to some perceived controversy that is beyond his control.

My hunch is that it's a funding issue and rather than throw the sponsors under the bus he's simply withdrawing and not commenting. I don't think John really cares about a small percentage of anti-mask, mainstream media conspiracy kooks.

He didn't get this far by burning bridges, that's for sure.

It's purely my two cents but I don't think that JFR is being silent due to some perceived controversy that is beyond his control.

My hunch is that it's a funding issue and rather than throw the sponsors under the bus he's simply withdrawing and not commenting. I don't think John really cares about a small percentage of anti-mask, mainstream media conspiracy kooks.

He didn't get this far by burning bridges, that's for sure.

^^^^^^^^^ a very likely reason

Both the Yorba Linda and Brownsburg buildings are locked up tight. No one around, no cars in either parking lot.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back