Jim O out at Kalitta? (1 Viewer)

If I were Jim O I would ask the weight of each of the team's crew members before I join.....go with the lightest combined team.

Last edited:
That’s good he will find something else like Tommy d with Greg corrello at Denver then he got a deal with Cruz a few races later.
Not sure a job with Cruz is a good thing... :D

But I guess now when he flips off another Kallita crewchief, if might mean something...
Have you ever seen it when racing a team car, he pushes up his glasses with his middle finger when letting the other crewchief know they are ready? :eek:

Wait........... I think you missed the most important quote in the story: "I needed a change," Oberhofer admitted. "It's really nobody's business any details but things just change. ;)

Not sure a job with Cruz is a good thing... :D

But I guess now when he flips off another Kallita crewchief, if might mean something...
Have you ever seen it when racing a team car, he pushes up his glasses with his middle finger when letting the other crewchief know they are ready? :eek:
No I haven’t any pic 😱

Now that I think about it, wrong Oberhofer...
and I didn't miss it, just stirring the pot a little... ;)

I believe Donnie and Jim were crewmates back in 1998 after Connie Kalitta quit driving and that one USAC Sprint Car guy came over to NHRA to race dragsters.

They were crewmates long before then

1537476335846.png

Doug passed away about 10 years ago after a fight with bone marrow cancer.
Yeah, that hit a lot of racers in Iowa hard. I bought Doug's original Mr. Magoo 69 Camaro and he quit driving a few years later to go on tour. Doug was a fun guy to hang out with and smart as hell. I reached out to his wife a few years back, as I had a bunch of pictures from our days at Eddyville and Humbolt but never heard back from her.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back