Jim O out at Kalitta? (1 Viewer)

I've heard Force talk in interviews that he was never really thrilled with having to pay Alan Johnson to run the dragster program and wanted to have it in house.

Might make sense. Ashley Sanford sounds pretty confident she has a marketing partner shaping up.
My guess ether Brandon will drive the second car or Ashley with maybe Jim o calling the shots with aj tuning for 3 cars just my quess have been wrong before.

I am sure there’s more to this story. If the JFR part is true and Connie caught wind Jim was leaving, maybe Connie let him go early much like what happened to Prock when John cut him loose once when Prock told John he was going to DSR.

Not that it's any of my business, I think it's a shame. It always makes me a little sad to see longtime partnerships of good people end. But I accept the fact that people leave jobs for all kinds of reasons. Good luck to both of these men, hope they are still on good terms no matter what happens.

Makes ya wonder if brian husen and alan johnson are leaving and jim o will get jfr role????

Or Alan Johnson has his own team locked in and is looking for an additional crew chief.

I am on board with both of these. Remember this article from last October? http://www.dragzine.com/features/can-rookies-sanford-and-stutz-revive-nhra-alan-johnson-racing/
It appears that Ashley has worked her butt off to get funding for her team for 2019. I would totally make sense for Husen to go with Alan and his new team(s), leaving JFR in need of at top tuner for Brittany.
Still shocked by the developments.

No idea on the reasons for leaving but I will say that when you are employed somewhere a long time and when that place has a "family" atmosphere it can get to a point where as much as you love the people you have to decide to go. I know in my experience dealing with an employer it is very easy to get the feeling of being taken for granted.

The team has been struggling, no?
So has the Force team. Sometimes change is good for all parties. Brittany's TF team has less funds this year with Monster pulling back funding and there's no certainity they are coming back next year (according to Sports Business Journal both Brittany and Kurt Busch were on 1 yr deals). John has made comments about how expensive Alan is, I am sure the price tag on Jim is a lot less, if funding is uncertain for next year this might make sense. I am sure more will come out on this and what led to this change.

Well, I have to say that this is a huge disappointment for me, as I'm a big Jim O and Kalitta fan. I had the privilege to fly out to Vegas 2 in 2015 on the Kalitta private jet with Doug and Connie, thanks to Jim O. It was a trip of a lifetime, even better that Jim O tuned Doug to a win at that event, but also because my Dad and Brother were with me and Jim O made sure that we were well taken care of. I know that Jim O is going to be a tremendous asset for whomever picks him up!

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Man this is huge; huge for the Kalitta organization. There’s just so many angles to this. Good terms or bad terms? We may never know. All I know is, those 2 guys - and families - love each other. It’s just so shocking. I know things change; nothing is forever. What the hell is Scott thinking right now? I just hope it was amicable. It must be. I’ve personally seen Connie throw things and JimO and pushing him, with guys getting in between them. But it always gets settled and forgotten about. I just can’t envision them having a bond-breaking argument. I just hope the organization can whether this for the rest of the season. Jim’s daughter does thier social output stuff. So many different back stories here.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back