Jim O out at Kalitta? (1 Viewer)

Jim’s daughter does thier social output stuff.

I thought about that too and wandered what she was going through with this happening. By the way, that's Jim O's daughter (Ashley) in the middle of the Winner's Circle picture.

Jim O's wife and Scott can see everything from above and hopefully know more than we do that things will work out for the better

While it is a shocker, this stuff can happen to any relationship. Force and Austin were like family too. Half of all marriages don’t last, the odds of a business relationship, based on money and the performance of a race car, lasting forever aren’t real good. Kalitta and Jim will both carry on and be fine.

I said on another board with no real knowledge or dog in the fight that there has to be more to this. And releasing JO might be a way for Connie to give him his blessings to help another team. Connie's no spring chicken anymore. Maybe he wants JO to survive on his own two feet.

What a shock! After all these two have been through.

NHRA.com is reporting it, so it must have happened two weeks ago.

At first I thought NO WAY! But now that NHRA is reporting it, I'm shocked. One of the biggest shockers in the history of the sport. WOW!!!!

I'm thinking after working the grind for 30 plus years, that he has gotten burned out, and need to step back temporarily.

I said on another board with no real knowledge or dog in the fight that there has to be more to this. And releasing JO might be a way for Connie to give him his blessings to help another team. Connie's no spring chicken anymore. Maybe he wants JO to survive on his own two feet.

This is EXACTLY where I fall on this. As soon as I read this, the thought of Connie knowing the end might be on the horizon for himself was the first thing that crossed my mind. I get what several have said about relationships and their shelf life, but I've never thought of these guys as your typical owner/crew relationship in the NHRA. I've always felt like working for Connie was about much more than just a paycheck for the O's.

I think there's more to this. Maybe much more, which could include things that nobody has mentioned.

Sean D

Good points. I don't want to hijack the thread, but what are some thoughts on Doug keeping the teams going after Connie steps away or passes?

It's important to point out Troy Fasching's place in all of this too. Smart guy, very capable and talented - who's been there a long time right beside JimO too. He still has all the "data" on Doug's dragster.....so while it is a dramatic change, it's not like their world just caved in and it's all over.

Good points. I don't want to hijack the thread, but what are some thoughts on Doug keeping the teams going after Connie steps away or passes?

A while back the rumor was Connie had set aside money to keep the teams going for a few years should he reach a point where he's no longer able to be involved for one reason or another. Again, a rumor. I have no personal knowledge of this. The reason stated was Connie wanted to keep everyone employed or something like that. I would expect that Doug has the final word, though. I hope I'm not out of line for passing any of this along.

A while back the rumor was Connie had set aside money to keep the teams going for a few years should he reach a point where he's no longer able to be involved for one reason or another. Again, a rumor. I have no personal knowledge of this. The reason stated was Connie wanted to keep everyone employed or something like that. I would expect that Doug has the final word, though. I hope I'm not out of line for passing any of this along.
I am a huge Kalitta fan and believe that this was brought out in an interview with Jim O himself about 2 years ago. There was no mention of Doug taking over the racing part as he has an airline to run. It has been hinted that Corey, Scott's son, had the interest in running the race operation once he graduated college. Corey also has a, will not ever drive agreement with his mom.

Conspiracy theory: Connie 'releases' Jim O. and Jim moves to JFR. He picks the brains at JFR for a year or two and comes back to Kalitta Racing with a wealth of info. ;)

Doug obviously loves this sport and I would bet will continue on after conrad cant.....Doug has been doing this for 20-25 years it ain't like he dont enjoy what he is doing just saying not the motivation to fire or quit or whatever.....and troy will be fine he is a plenty sharp dude been doing this for longer than Doug has

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back