Imagine if they would run more races.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Congrats to Bob Vandergriff and Blake Alexander. If they can do what they did on a very limited schedule, imagine what would happen if they ran the whole tour. Either way, it would be awesome if their success attracted more sponsors to run the car.

Congrats to Bob Vandergriff and Blake Alexander. If they can do what they did on a very limited schedule, imagine what would happen if they ran the whole tour. Either way, it would be awesome if their success attracted more sponsors to run the car.
. Then again running fewer races means newer parts, on a limited budget that means a ton!

Blake is only 2 spots from the Top Ten with 3 races to go before the count down. I bet if they make the count down Bob will run the car for the last 6 races as long as the points keep stacking in there favor. It would be definitely something if they could pull off the Championship on a limited schedule. Probably wouldn't go over to well with the powers to be....lol

I hear that they are fully founded but the most crew guys used to be on full time teams and still want to be out there but not full time

Blake is only 2 spots from the Top Ten with 3 races to go before the count down. I bet if they make the count down Bob will run the car for the last 6 races as long as the points keep stacking in there favor. It would be definitely something if they could pull off the Championship on a limited schedule. Probably wouldn't go over to well with the powers to be....lol

Hell for that reason alone I will root for him :)

the article on complus says they will be out again @ indy......two wins and a r.u. in six races......no need to chase points, they have already won.

Im shocked BVR isnt going to shoot for the top ten.. They have been on fire. Oddly reminiscant of Cory mac's late season charge in 97'.

There 3 races to go before The Countdown - Seattle, Brainerd and Indy.

glad to see blake and bob having this success. can remember blake driving for paul smith. have always liked that young man.

Im shocked BVR isnt going to shoot for the top ten.. They have been on fire. Oddly reminiscant of Cory mac's late season charge in 97'.
Not shocked or surprised at all. Vandergriff is on record (more than once) as stating that the funding in place allows him to have the best of everything in support of competing at the limited level ... AND ... be a threat to win wherever they show up. Mission accomplished !!

I am sure if the appropriate funding for a championship charge was made available, BV would at least consider it (maybe not). Chasing points on past success may only make a wealthy men poorer and I am quite confident BVR is not going to use any personal financial resources to bridge existing budget gaps just to make the top 10. What's after that? Throw in more $$$ to make all 6 countdown races.

As we all know, Bob is a man of strong conviction and I applaud him for what he has accomplished racing within the allotted budget and on his terms. I am also sure Blake is beyond grateful for the career defining "limited" opportunity for however many races that entails now and in the future.

It's great that Bob is out there, and, having success with Blake. I'm sure both of them have an eye on growing into full-time programs whether it's together or not. Bob has a history of bringing in new sponsors, and he's grooming his nephew for the future.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back