What i would do, for sponsorship, if i owned a TF or FC Team !! (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
When proposing a potential sponsor, I would offer a package deal instead of just my own car, Why, beacause with the nature of the elemination format, When u lose first round for example, your sponsor has a 5 hour racing day with very little exposer, a 3 hour TV show, with only about 20 seconds of it, showing u and your sponsor, smoking the tires, losing first round. Unless you’re a highly competitive car that wins a handful of races every year and is consistantly alive in the late rounds, going out early is gonna happen often and I'm guessing the guy that wrote u the check is wondering , 'what did I pay for ?'. What I would do is try and chip of a small portion of my budget and offer it to a team in a smaller pro category (Pro stock Car/Bike). Pro stock car and bike is not everyones cup of tea, but the fact is, they get TV time, especially the competitive ones, and probobly more than half of them are running the tour, on their own dime, so I cant imagine they would turn down any free money, small as it may be. As a nitro car owner, this surely would cause my budget to be somewhat tighter, but it will always insure my sponser gets ample Exposer, race after race, Prompting them to remain with your team.

after reading the title of this thread, I thought it would be like:
I would do less than you would for [CENSORED]
I would do more than you would for a Klondike Bar.....

;)

not really related to your thoughts, but always thought the one thing a team could do at select events was park their rig with
perfect viewing of either rig and/or canopy to fans/tv......examples: jegs yellow awning and black logo was always seen behind
starting line at seattle on tv shots (i don't think they do it anymore?)......brainerd allows one PS trailer a perfect parking spot
between tower and first set of tower side bleachers, visible from large spectator bleachers......there may be other examples.
in the example of jegs @ seattle, they were getting free sign advertising viewed at track and in almost every run on tv.
now that there's sum exposure.

That was part of the reason behind the "Team" aspect years ago. The more cars with your company logo in different classes the better chance of a win. Back to the old saying "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday" If I was a fuel car owner today I would package a deal with my own car as the "flagship" then add a Pro Mod, Pro Stock and a Pro Stock Bike. Then I would market the "Team" to a variety of manufacturers both automotive and nonautomotive. All "Team" funding and products would go through me so I had control of the outcome. It's a great idea that someone should reinvent no need to have three or four cars from the same stable fighting each other. However since the multicar teams seem to win more often than not I would find another single entry team in each category to "partner" with and share information with.

Folks, I understand what you are thinking but you are forgetting the other end of this. If you want money to cover multiple cars, you will then be asking for more money.
If you need 3 million for the nitro car but then are going to spread that to cars x and y then you will either need more money or have to work with less. That will likely make you less competitive or price you out of the companies that can sponsor you.

Another option is to get a few smaller sponsorships to share main stage status but then you have to juggle to make sure all are getting proper ROI

With that said I did like the years of the Bud and Castrol mega teams. I'd love to see two rival companies come in and do something like that.

Are you channeling your internal Don Schumacher, James? He's been doing that for years....

Looking for sponsors in racing takes a great deal of thought and research.

Ask yourself a few questions such has what can I offer a sponsor in return for the money they are investing in my team to start with.

No sponsor simply gives money away each year. They are looking for the best exposure and value for their money and many times a company is also seeking a person to create an image around.

Another disadvantage for many teams is only having a one car team to put the sponsor on rather then having a multi car team which gives the sponsor more bang for his dollars.

If you were lucky enough to get some interest from a sponsor and they wanted to come see your shop and hauler and in general your whole operation ask yourself would what I show them impress them?

There are many people in racing who spend every minute of everyday making presentation to companies trying to win their finical backing.

Do your homework and research on the companies you would like to approach and make a plan how why they would benefit from working with you.

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Marketing partner/ marketing association. That's what you should be looking for; sponsors are for pretty blonde co-eds.... ;)

Castrol-Team.jpg

Those were the days....

while going rounds will always be important to a sponsor, I'm willing to bet what goes on outside the track plays a huge role. How flexible is a racer displaying the car whenever or wherever? How fan friendly is that driver, what kind of feedback from fans is the sponsor getting? I've seen some pretty well known drivers act like jerks to the common fan, makes you wonder if that gets back to the sponsor??? Just saying...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back