How do I do this..... (1 Viewer)

Mr. Fix It

Nitro Member
Hello all. I was not sure of where to post this, so I thought I'd try here first. I have a large number VHS tapes I recorded Drag Racing from years ago on. (TNN TV) I purchased a TV card and software that allows me to copy video from video cameras and VHS players. I'm using a USB interface that Pinnacle manufactures and it all works great.

Here is the my delimma, many of these VHS recordings have TV commercials and are in varying lengths time wise. The software allows you to set the length of time to stop as the recordings are transfered at the rate of playback. The software converts the recordings to a Windows Media file.

I would like to be able to edit out the commercials and "crop" the end so to speak since it is easier to let it record too long. What software might I use to edit a Windows Media file or what format should I convert the file to so I might edit these files? I'd bet I have something on one of my computers already. (An XP Pro and Vista Home Premium equipped units)

Then, I would like to post some of these videos where others can enjoy them. I just got through converting one that took place around 1992 that had Eddie Hill and many of the new comer lady fuel racers. The pro-stockers were just a hair form breaking 200 MPH. It was great and I'd love to share it.:D

Yes, your computers have "Windows Movie Maker" installed already.
Works ok enough. I have had good luck with it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back