Help--How do I post pictures? (1 Viewer)

brobertson2

Nitro Member
Hi all:
I am having quite a bit of difficulty posting images to this board. I have pictures on a PBase account and would like to insert those pictures in a thread here in Nitromater. I am not doing something right because I can't get the pictures to show up.

I went to a specific picture in PBase, opened it and copied the URL address, then I returned to Nitromater, clicked on the "Insert Image" icon, pasted the URL in the box, then clicked the "Preview Post" button and -- no picture.

Then I tried the "Attach Files" method and clicked on the "Manage Attachments" button, and pasted the URL address in the "upload box." It returned an error message that it is an invalid file (all my PBase pics are jpegs). I added ".jpg" to the URL address and got an error message that it is an invalid URL.

Here is an example of a photo I'm trying to put in a post on this board. But the only way you can view it is through the external link, which means you have to click on the following link and go the web page. Ugh...I want it to show up in this post.

The pics on my PBase account are fairly large -- usually 350k each -- are they too large to post on Nitromater?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I use photobucket.com to post pictures. On there, below each picture that you upload are a few choices that you use to copy/paste the picture where you want it to go (Email, URL, IMG, etc). For the mater, I use the IMG code option. There's a window next to the IMG code that you just right click there, go back to the mater where you've started a post, right click and paste the content. This implies that you've either got two browser windows open or two tabs (if you're using IE7 for example). PM me if you need more help.

Mark:
YOU ARE A GENIUS...

Here is what I did: I use the latest version of Firefox so I went to my PBase page; navigated to the picture I wanted to post; then right clicked on it and a bunch of sub-menu choices come up -- one of them was "save image location." I clicked on "save image location;" returned to the mater; brought up the reply; clicked on the "Insert Image" icon; pasted the "image location" and VIOLA -- the picture comes up when I preview the post...

Whooo Hoooo...Now I hope I can remember this a month, or two or three, from now!

Here it is:
100024172.qvM2wmYs.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back