WWYD - What Would You Do? (1 Viewer)

Sounds awesome, ALL OF IT!!! :D :D :D

In fact, I no longer need to answer the original question because it would basically be the same answer as Paul's.

Hey Brian when you gonna Drag(pun) your ass out West again??? Freaked me out when you saw me at the Beerstand that day!:p

Hey Brian when you gonna Drag(pun) your ass out West again??? Freaked me out when you saw me at the Beerstand that day!:p

Yeah that was funny! We had never met before but I knew right away who you were just from seeing pictures of you on this site. :)

The next race I attend out west will probably be in Vegas. I'm not sure when, but maybe this winter. You never know though, my cousin lives in SoCal so another Pomona trip could easily happen too. If I schedule another trip I'll be sure to let you know..... we'll meet back at the beer stand again! :D

Last edited:
My first post was too serious.

I'd still pick Bode and do all the things it takes to bring home Wallys on a consistent basis.

But... (taking ideas from other posts) the hospitality tent would feature beer
from the local microbreweries on draught and the best bratwurst and kielbasa
that can be found in that area. Plus a bumping sound system. Basically, a mini
Oktoberfest at every race...

Hire Mike Green away from DSR. TJ behind the wheel and as many of the Skoal Blue guys as I could find to spin the wrenches. That was one bad ass team - really coming into their own when the sponsor was taken away. That bunch could've won the F/C title in short order.

First order of business: create a binding contract to Bode and crew so that as
long as I have sponsorship, I am obligated to fund them, and if I lose the
sponsorship, they are free to pursue other avenues. Then, do what I can to
help out but mostly stay out of the way. Maybe take a road trip with Eugene
when he is hauling the car around. Speaking of the car, make sure they have
a spare car and as many bullets as necessary. Maybe learn a little from Mike
about building short blocks (been a long time since I had anything to do with
an engine build).

I might have chosen another crew, but Bode resides in my home state, so I
couldn't resist.
Hey Tom were ready. We have our one and a half year old car and a brand new car up in the attic. We have 6 motors in the trailer and some more blocks and cranks ordered. If you can get the check here fast we can order a new featherlite trailer for next season.

Eugene, will Mrs. Bode continue her backup-person position for 2011? :)

Best of luck, by the way. If I had a bit of sponsor money to toss around, you guys would get a piece of the action.

Go with a TF dragster, hire either Cory Mac, or that FC guy living in Oregon that had issues with Force.
Hire Cory Macs first crew chief that's working over at team Force.
You know the one who worked for Joe Amato as crew chief.
Its tooo erly to recall names but you know who I am referring to.
My hope is in Pomona that Larry Dixon goes out first round and Cory wins title(its doable depending on qualifying etc.
Now that would be a really climatic end of season.

I'd have Jim Head calling the tune up and JR Todd behind the wheel of a rail.

Hey Tom were ready. We have our one and a half year old car and a brand new car up in the attic. We have 6 motors in the trailer and some more blocks and cranks ordered. If you can get the check here fast we can order a new featherlite trailer for next season.

I wish I had that money right now...

What are complete rigs going for nowadays, anyway? Or just an outfitted
trailer, for that matter?

I'd get myself up out of bed and tell my wife "That was a hell of a dream I just had!" Somebody was going to give me 3 mil to go drag racing. Then I would go take a shower.

offer the whole ball of wax to Big Jim Dunn to use as he sees fit. BUT.......Mike comes out of the booth to drive. only race for two seasons, use the other $3 mil to resume Mikes therapy. Seriously, I'd have to give it to TP, to get back into contention. I would just be the big guy in the background wearing hat & sungalsses and everyone would whisper, "who is that guy"

Eugene, will Mrs. Bode continue her backup-person position for 2011? :)

Best of luck, by the way. If I had a bit of sponsor money to toss around, you guys would get a piece of the action.
Yes she will be backing up Bob and making sure we all eat good next year. She is also going to be here at the world finals in Pomona.

I'd cut a deal with Tim Wilkerson to get Dan going on the full tour as long as the money could stretch....................
That's exactly what I was going to post, Daniel in a full time ride

Of course I'd put some aside and run a Nostalgia FC for myself and Brian O'Keefe, with me and "Holeshot" Anderson driving. We'd drag them across the midwest will all our buds and party for as many years as we could. We'd have the only pit area with 1 18-wheeler and about 5-6 motorhomes parked with it. Plenty of Coors Light and Johnsonville chili cheese smoked sausage to go around. :eek:
I'll drive one of the motorhomes.........:D

What would I do?

I'd go with a Top Fuel ride and get - no surprises - Jessie Harris as my driver. As the team will be South Florida based the team would be called "Sun & Sand Racing." For me use part of the initial funds to get a Dodge Challenger V10 drag pak for Super Stock so I can race too.

1)Hire Kevin Poynter as crew chief
2)Look for a young bracket racer who is deadly on the tree. Send him/her to Hawley until they are are ready to license.
2)Spend a week touring all of the Indianapolis high schools auto shop programs and offer jobs to the first nine guys who come highly recommended by their teacher. (a teacher can tell you a lot about the character of the kid)
3)Buy all of Dexter Tuttle's support equipment and tools
4)two new McKinney Cars
5)Call AJPE and order four complete motor/clutch setups
6)Buy a small shop building around Brownsville.
7)Direct Poynter to run the car Steve Chrisman style while training the kids.
Run IHRA until Poynter is confident the car, driver and crew are ready to turn on the second pump/mag.
8)Run NHRA with the idea that you are training for the future and wins and rotating the earth don't count for nearly as much as learning to run the car hot, dry and normal.

From my vantage point, too many bad ideas never die on the fuel circuit. They get ran off of one team to another(usually poorer team) who really can't afford what carnage their bad mojo brings. I have to think it is cheaper to bring in a newb and train them, than let some re-tread blow up your stuff.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back