What would you do? (1 Viewer)

Matt

Nitro Member
OK, choice time... :confused:

Super Chevy Show vs. NHRA Divisional...

Tulsa track is 15 minutes each way from home...$32 for event pass...

Nitro coupes, brackets, exhibition cars...first year in Tulsa...

Noble track is 2 hours each way from home...$45 for event pass...

NHRA sportsman including Division 4 alcohol cars, final event for this division...

Which would you go to? Or split it up?

Feedback? ;)

Last edited:
I hate driving, but I would drive all the way to the Div. 4 event just to see people struggling for those extra points... The last race of the year is usually the best... I'm also a sucker for the alcohol classes.. What do you prefer watching?

CJ Curtsinger

I hate driving, but... What do you prefer watching?

CJ Curtsinger

Actually I have always enjoyed going to this divisional as to me it is more like a national event used to be...more layed back...I love the alky classes too...I hate the driving too as I drive all week in my business BUT I can get a room in the city and make a weekend out of it...it will cost more...I do enjoy the fast door slammers too though...but I think you are right...this is their 'countdown to one' so it will probably be a better choice, plus it is real and not just show racing...

Matt,

I've had the privelage of announcing the D-4 event @ Noble since the track opened (this will be the 16th year for the LODRS event @ Noble).

This event has been scheduled in the past as one of the final divisional events of the year, and when it was the quality and number of participants has always been exceptional. The D-4 guys are tough enough as it is, but when you add in everyone that is looking to claim those last valuable points, well, there can be some very tough fileds.
There are some very good battles going on in several of the Lucas Oil sportsman categories and most of the participants should be in the house for the event. Past races have seen the majority of the Top 10 in each of the categories in competition, and that makes the race VERY interesting for those of us that love the sportsman categories.

Super Chevy @ Tulsa I'm sure will also be a good show, but I'll be in Noble.

Introduce yourself if you make it down.

Unk,

Matt,

I've had the privelage of announcing the D-4 event @ Noble since the track opened (this will be the 16th year for the LODRS event @ Noble).

Introduce yourself if you make it down.

Unk,

And a great job you do! I will look you up...

Thanks

No brainer...Go to the Divisional Race!!! Get the grade point!!! Win a WALLY!!! Make Unk buy you a beer!!!:D

I have friends that race respectively Lucas Oil series TAD and TAFC and SuperChevy Nitro coupes. If they were all racing the same weekend within driving distance, I would go see the Lucas Oil divisional race. I think the depth of the racing, and the competitiveness(I hope you unnerstand) of TAD and TAFC is superior. Just for clarity my friends in Nitrocoupes are champion caliber. Maybe its just being able to go to more friends "houses" at the Lucas race.:)
Lee
Nitroclovers

Go to the D4 race....Super Chevy sucks.

I went to the Super Chevy at RT66 about 6 years ago, I was back in my car driving home 2 hours later.

save up and go to the Finals in Pomona cheap a**

Nice comment Tim, do I know you? Or was that icon-less sarcasm?

Personally, I would rather go to a divisional than a national NHRA event anymore...yea I like nitro cars but I like watching side by side runs, always have and the 1 in 5 good runs of the current NHRA events leave me a bit soured...in fact I rarely watch a whole event on tube anymore for that reason. As I said, the divisionals of today remind me of the national events of yesteryear...

Oh, but when I have gone to a National event in the last 10 years, it was always Top Eliminator or Champions Club, at a minimum of a 1000 bucks spent all inclusive...if you knew me, you would know that fact.

The IHRA national event in Tulsa gave me what I needed this year, but INDY & Norwalk are definately on my radar for some year...

There will be ACTION at Noble.....and probably in the pits !!
A certain Stocker driver has been loose with his lips to others and insulting their girlfriends and wives ! Should be interesting...... :);)

Matt, I've got a similar problem but with the D4 race in Noble (20 minutes from the house) and ADRL at Ennis (3 1/2 hours from the house) so here's my plan:

1. Shift my work week from Tues. - Sat. to Mon. - Fri.
2. Drive to Ennis Friday afternoon for ADRL.
3. Saturday at Ennis for ADRL.
4. Drive home Saturday night.
5. 8:00 a.m. Sunday at Noble for the finals.

Simple, right? :D

Let me know if you end up coming to Noble.

Jenn, how about you? Are y'all coming to this event?

There will be ACTION at Noble.....and probably in the pits !!
A certain Stocker driver has been loose with his lips to others and insulting their girlfriends and wives ! Should be interesting...... :);)

Now that puts value on the cost of a pit pass! :)

Matt, I've got a similar problem but with the D4 race in Noble (20 minutes from the house) and ADRL at Ennis (3 1/2 hours from the house) so here's my plan:

I totally forgot about the ADRL race...sounds great but the 4.5 hours from up here makes it even less attractive at this point...plus word is that they are coming to Tulsa in 2008. BTW...I read somewhere there is going to be some big ADRL announcement...something about a big time series sponsor...that series continues to do things right!

Well it's beginning to sound a lot like Noble! :D

Have they did anything with the track surface in Noble ? It has been going down hill like a snowball for the last 2 years . Most of the big dogs from oround OKC drive to Tulsa to test and race due the condition of the track down there . I always had alot of fun in Noble but safety is safety ;)

Have they did anything with the track surface in Noble ? It has been going down hill like a snowball for the last 2 years . Most of the big dogs from oround OKC drive to Tulsa to test and race due the condition of the track down there . I always had alot of fun in Noble but safety is safety ;)

Eric, I don't think it's track condition, it's track prep. The Test and Tune prep is simply bad. I think Pro Street night prep is probably OK, there's typically some nice passes then. I don't know of any recurring issues when the a good prep crew is there, I'm sure the Div. race will tell us a lot more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back