What would you do? (1 Viewer)

I hope that is true Tom . I put on a race here in Tulsa last week with Torco and had 24 Pro mods show up .In talking with some of the OKC area guys they said the track surface itself was dead .They were saying it is plain dangerrous anymore and the prep is sketchy at best . They said it is also VERY inconsistant and that plays havoc on tune ups .One P/M driver said the surface is so bad no matter how much they prep the track the rubber will NOT stay down . ALso I hear they have been having alot of electrical problems causing the light to just go out for long periods of time .I hope they can get it lined out over the winter before it causes any more crashes .

I hope that is true Tom . I put on a race here in Tulsa last week with Torco and had 24 Pro mods show up .In talking with some of the OKC area guys they said the track surface itself was dead .They were saying it is plain dangerrous anymore and the prep is sketchy at best . They said it is also VERY inconsistant and that plays havoc on tune ups .One P/M driver said the surface is so bad no matter how much they prep the track the rubber will NOT stay down . ALso I hear they have been having alot of electrical problems causing the light to just go out for long periods of time .I hope they can get it lined out over the winter before it causes any more crashes .
Like I said, this weekend will tell a bunch about the track. Between the Comp guys and the TS guys, we'll find out pretty quickly what its capable of for short wheelbase cars.

Weatherunderground.com shows the long range forecast for next weekend @ Noble to be pretty nice.

Mid to upper 70's for high, mid 50's for lows, mostly sunny.

I'll take that forecast,,,,,,,

See you there,

Unk

Yea I'm heading to Noble as well. The weather looks like it's going to cool off a bit, and in my experiences the guys at the track are super to deal with. I almost like hitting the Div races over the Nationals (although with HPT new layout this years Nationals was the most user freindly I've encountered). Head down Thurs for tech, do some racing, watch some TD/TS and TA/D-FC. Cant beat it.

BTW Unkefer, You annouced at TVRP on my very first Super Comp race, I still watch the video every now and then. I was racing some 57 yo guy, I was 16and you talked about the age difference, good memories. It was the first or second year TVRP had a Div race I think.

Last edited:
Keith,

First year was 1992

Blaine Johnson defeated Tom Conway that year in TAD
Pat Austin took out Todd Simpson in TAFC
David Nickens Over Mike Edwards in Comp

any of those names sound familiar?

While doing my homework and getting my notes ready for the weekend, I put together a quick list of drivers that have made the final round @ Noble or that I can specificly remember being there. Just goes to show you where the sports next batch of drivers come from, and another damn good reason to attend the LODRS events near you. Besides those named above, how about this list of drivers that have competed @ Noble and the class's they've gone on to race in.
Darrell Russell (R.I.P) T/f
Steve Torrence T/F
Troy Buff T/F
Joe Hartley T/F
Melanie Troxel T/F
Scott Palmer T/F
Alan Bradshaw T/F
Hot Rod Fuller T/F
Tommy Johnson Jr. F/C
Todd Simpson F/C
Rodger Brogdon P/S
Erica Enders P/S
Greg Stanfield P/S
Todd Patterson P/S
Jeg Coughlin P/S (Jeg doubled & won both Comp & SS @ Noble in 1997)

and I'm pretty sure that Cory Mac, Tony Bartone, Tim Wilkerson, Richie Stevens and Dave Connolly have been to Noble as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Including a somewhat older Kieth Niemann :p

Unk

Yup it would have been 1992. It seems like that year, or maybe a year or so after they had the big tranformer thing that ate cars on the track. It turned out to be pretty cool, even though it really doesn't sound like it. I have lots of good memories about that track. Big track with a small track feel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back